What's new

Kaep

You do understand Boris is a troll alt, right? He plays a different character each month. You remember when he was a Russian with a fake accent? Probably my favorite character he played.

God damnit!! Your right. What the hell was I thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a surprise u aren't even looking at the issues or trying to understand what I'm saying. You are falling right in line with everything wrong in Society. I am as every bit a supporter of cops and what they do to serve and protect. But u, and police forces everywhere need to recognize the problem with cops senselessly murdering minorities who are unarmed then getting barely a slap on the wrist. They are putting u and me at risk by doing what they are doing.

More agenda driven nonsense. Cause a cop gets released after deep internal affairs investigation for JUSTLY killing a criminal. You call it a slap on the wrist.

You people. You cop haters of all stripes. I hope they do this to you in your job. You deserve every bit of it. I hope they investigate you on trumped up charges an throw you in prison for false accusations. An then I want to drink the tears of your friends an family as they cry about your plight on Internet blogs. This is what you deserve.

More agenda driven nonsense. Cause a cop gets released after deep internal affairs investigation for JUSTLY killing a criminal. You call it a slap on the wrist.

You people. You cop haters of all stripes. I hope they do this to you in your job. You deserve every bit of it. I hope they investigate you on trumped up charges an throw you in prison for false accusations. An then I want to drink the tears of your friends an family as they cry about your plight on Internet blogs. This is what you deserve.
Your going to drink haters tears as a punishment to them? That'll show 'em. Enjoy whatever infections you happen to pick up.

Perception is everything. If they are trying to stop Kaep from speaking out against minority inequality and police brutality, weather they intend to or not they are being racist and standing with dirty cops at a time when Kaep is getting more and more support. That makes what this police force is doing even worse, even the president came out and said Kaep is expressing his constitutional right to not stand for the anthem. And applauded him for standing up for these issues.

What this means is if that specific police force wants to help themselves they will stop trying to take Kaep's constitutional rights away from him. That is exactly what they are trying to do.

Racist for protesting his socks huh? GTFO.

Perception is everything. If they are trying to stop Kaep from speaking out against minority inequality and police brutality, weather they intend to or not they are being racist and standing with dirty cops at a time when Kaep is getting more and more support. That makes what this police force is doing even worse, even the president came out and said Kaep is expressing his constitutional right to not stand for the anthem. And applauded him for standing up for these issues.

What this means is if that specific police force wants to help themselves they will stop trying to take Kaep's constitutional rights away from him. That is exactly what they are trying to do.

This goes back to my original post - this entire thing is about "Kaepernick" not what he's trying to bring attention to.

Social protest in the 60's and 70's revolved around the fact that NO ONE was talking about this stuff. Every night Walter Cronkite and David Brinkley would go on TV for one hour and give hard news. And that was it until tomorrow. No one was addressing the struggles of minorities or the issue of police brutality - as a result that void had to be filled by some athletes, musicians and other public figures who used their platform as a springboard to get people talking. Now EVERYONE is talking non-stop!! There's 24 hour news and social media and about a billion websites related to this and every other issue on the planet.

So while it's not necessarily Kaep's fault and while his heart may be in the right place (I think it is), this has become nothing but an exercise in morbid self-attention.

My two cents. He has the right to protest in the manner he sees fit given the first amendment. However and admittedly I have not read every article on this, is he trying to raise awareness? What solution(s) is he offering? What is the basis for his stance? I agree that a CIVIL national conversation needs to be had about race-relations, but the "pigs in a blanket fry 'em like bacon" type speech is nothing but hateful rhetoric that fans the flames of violence and civil unrest. That was Kaepernick's biggest mistake, the socks, and the initial generalized statement. And his whole "but I have friends and family who are cops" argument doesn't help much after the fact. If the roles were reversed and a white QB wore a depiction of something wholly inappropriate on his socks or made a very inflammatory generalized claim, the same explanation would not fly after the fact. He should have clarified his initial statement a little better.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/kaepernicks-jersey-sales-rise-protest/story?id=41876740

Colin Kaepernick's decision to sit during "The Star-Spangled Banner" has boosted sales of his merchandise.

The San Francisco 49ers quarterback now has the best-selling jersey on the team, according to the team's website. Kaepernick was sixth all year prior to his protest.

A source with knowledge of sales numbers confirmed to ESPN that more Kaepernick gear was sold last week on the team site than the past eight months combined.

Kaepernick has not stood during the national anthem for the past two preseason games because he said he didn't want to show pride in a flag of a country "that oppresses black people and people of color."

Kaepernick's was the third-best-selling player jersey on NFL.com as of Monday, according to the website. The only jerseys that were selling better were Dallas Cowboys rookie running back Ezekiel Elliott's and New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.'s.

Kaep plans on donating proceeds from the spiked jersey sales to the communities

9e236df6342e1b3bde55d2dd5c20700b.jpg

My two cents. He has the right to protest in the manner he sees fit given the first amendment. However and admittedly I have not read every article on this, is he trying to raise awareness? What solution(s) is he offering? What is the basis for his stance? I agree that a CIVIL national conversation needs to be had about race-relations, but the "pigs in a blanket fry 'em like bacon" type speech is nothing but hateful rhetoric that fans the flames of violence and civil unrest. That was Kaepernick's biggest mistake, the socks, and the initial generalized statement. And his whole "but I have friends and family who are cops" argument doesn't help much after the fact. If the roles were reversed and a white QB wore a depiction of something wholly inappropriate on his socks or made a very inflammatory generalized claim, the same explanation would not fly after the fact. He should have clarified his initial statement a little better.

What more do u want him to do other then what he has, which is bring in discussion and awareness and donating 1 million$ and what ever he gets from jersey sales?? Isn't it all of our responsibility to create change? The way I see it, is its the responsibility of us to bring awareness then those that run city, state, and country work for us to in listening to its citizens.

So again, I ask... What more should Kaepernick be doing?

Second.

The socks, while I agree he shouldn't have worn, he did that long before he came up with his protest. He apologized for a the socks. He explained it was done in a moment of anger and passion. Has nothing to do with the protest.

For anyone too lazy to click the link. They do get some money.

Apparently you were too lazy to read the link (or maybe you were just hoping that other people would be) because here's what it says:
I don't believe there is a particular per unit bonus such that Polamalu would make more or less depending on how many of his jerseys Reebok moves.

Can anyone guess what one word response (followed by one or more exclamation points) that Thee would have used if someone other than him had posted that link that says the opposite of what he claimed it did?

Did u not read the first paragraph They get something from sales. Though it doesn't pay directly for the sale of a Kaep jersey

"Jersey revenue is collected in terms of license fees and this is then shared between the league and players. In other words Reebok has paid the NFL for the right to produce jerseys. It's this fee that goes into a pool of revenue that is shared with players, akin to TV revenue. "

Did u not read the first paragraph They get something from sales. Though it doesn't pay directly for the sale of a Kaep jersey

"Jersey revenue is collected in terms of license fees and this is then shared between the league and players. In other words Reebok has paid the NFL for the right to produce jerseys. It's this fee that goes into a pool of revenue that is shared with players, akin to TV revenue. "

I did not realize Karpernick doles out league revenue. Are bad

What more do u want him to do other then what he has, which is bring in discussion and awareness and donating 1 million$ and what ever he gets from jersey sales?? Isn't it all of our responsibility to create change? The way I see it, is its the responsibility of us to bring awareness then those that run city, state, and country work for us to in listening to its citizens.

So again, I ask... What more should Kaepernick be doing?

Second.

The socks, while I agree he shouldn't have worn, he did that long before he came up with his protest. He apologized for a the socks. He explained it was done in a moment of anger and passion. Has nothing to do with the protest.

I think the protest started in mid-August or was noticed about then, and the socks were worn in early August (I could be wrong on that) but if that was the case it wasn't "long" before. Also, making the decision to make that kind of statement is not just a "moment" of thought. And I didn't see anywhere where he apologized, the only quote I saw was where he stated that he didn't want the socks to distract from the issue, and he had family and friends who are police (paraphrasing).

To be clear, I absolutely support that he has a right to nonviolent protest, I disagree with the implication of his initial statement, but he has a right to protest.