What's new

Kanter so far compared to another rookie

It's basically catching and holding the basketball in such a way that would suggest passing,shooting, or dribbling as an option for the ball handler. Kanter currently catches the ball in a flat-footed, upright position. He can only pass from this position, and the opponent can tell he is only thinking about passing. Kanter has enough range that the opponent has to respect the possibility of a jumper more than they are currently are.

It's basically catching and holding the basketball in such a way that would suggest passing,shooting, or dribbling as an option for the ball handler. Kanter currently catches the ball in a flat-footed, upright position. He can only pass from this position, and the opponent can tell he is only thinking about passing. Kanter has enough range that the opponent has to respect the possibility of a jumper more than they are currently are.

ok,thank you,i understand what u mean now

I loved how easily and smoothly Weenus nailed that baseline jumper last night. I believe that was the first one I've seen this year, and oooh baby, did it look good. I feel like I have the hopes of Araujo, Oysterbag, Borchardt, and Rodolovich all rolled into one, and actually feel great about the potential. I think the Jazz made the right choice getting this guy.

Looked it up. Kanter did play apparently one season at Stonebridge prep in Simi Valley, California. Most American born prospects get more playing experience than that before entering high school.

Looked it up. Kanter did play apparently one season at Stonebridge prep in Simi Valley, California. Most American born prospects get more playing experience than that before entering high school.

Yes. I didn't feel like correcting your earlier post.

Kanter played on Turkish pro teams since he was 14 years old. Played at Stonebridge Prep for one year, averaging 50 and 30 per game. Then dominated at the Nike Hoops Summit, breaking the all-time scoring record. Then sat out a year and a half awaiting eligibility (which he obviously never received) from the NCAA. So he has plenty of experience and plenty of rust.

You bring up a good point kinda accidently Billy Shelby. Kanter i am pretty sure didn't play high school basketball in this country and i don't believe they have high school teams in Turkey. If they do they are a sport about as followed as Lacrosse is in this country. Point being, Kanter didn't have the greatest coaching or greatest competition until college, and that just didn't happen at all. He should be forgiven if he is not as polished as most players coming out of high school. This should mean a swift learning curve and lots of untapped potential. At least that's the way i want to read this situation.

He played at stoneridge preparatory high school in simi valley california.

If hypothetically Minnesota offers Derrick Williams for Kanter would you do it?

No, I wouldn't touch that. Williams had the biggest advantage to be better than Kanter this year and after this year I believe that Kanter will really start to show the kind of player that he is. Last night Williams had the hustle plays but I didn't think that he was much better than Kanter at all.

What do you not understand about the effectiveness and purpose of the 3-point stance?

all of it,,explain

Excuse me, it's actually called the triple threat in basketball. Thinking about football on a Sunday.

rofl.gif

Now that sounds like a great thread.
I wouldn't though. Kanter's got a great jumpshot stroke, power post moves, amazing post defense, and rebounding skills up the whasoo.
He just needs to use Favors on the offense much better. If he gets the O-rebound and passes off to Favors, that's a great duo.

Of course. Jazz are pretty much set at PF and center for years to come and Williams is potential all-star in SF position where Jazz are very weak. This move would make Jazz contenders in couple years.

Now that sounds like a great thread.
I wouldn't though. Kanter's got a great jumpshot stroke, power post moves, amazing post defense, and rebounding skills up the whasoo.
He just needs to use Favors on the offense much better. If he gets the O-rebound and passes off to Favors, that's a great duo.

Haven't seen anything about Kanter yet that I would call amazing.

Kanter for Williams is an interesting proposition. I would probably stick with Kanter because I'm not convinced Williams is a great option at SF. Also he seems redundant to Sap.