What's new

Kanter so far compared to another rookie

Kanter for Williams is an interesting proposition. I would probably stick with Kanter because I'm not convinced Williams is a great option at SF. Also he seems redundant to Sap.

I think Williams is better now, as far as future goes who knows. But I agree with your point Williams is not a 3 yet and maybe never will be. He is redundant of Milsap but if you could have 2 Milsaps on the court I think I might take it.

If hypothetically Minnesota offers Derrick Williams for Kanter would you do it?

Derrick Williams cant create anything in his own. He is not gonna be half of the player Beasley is right now. He is just a strong finisher around the rim, thats it. He is not gonna be an all star. Kanter has much better potential

Of course. Jazz are pretty much set at PF and center for years to come and Williams is potential all-star in SF position where Jazz are very weak. This move would make Jazz contenders in couple years.

Williams and potential all star seems funny in the same sentence. He can at most be a back up in a contender.

It is all Rubio's fault, he makes simple players look like they are potential all star.

Of course. Jazz are pretty much set at PF and center for years to come and Williams is potential all-star in SF position where Jazz are very weak. This move would make Jazz contenders in couple years.

So you would trade away part of what has the Jazz "pretty much set at PF and center for years to come"?

This would then make a logjam at the wings and the Jazz would then need to find another back up PF/C

Williams and potential all star seems funny in the same sentence. He can at most be a back up in a contender.

funny, I could say same things about Kanter. Lets be honest, unless Jazz trade big AL or Favors, Kanter is not starting anytime soon.

So you would trade away part of what has the Jazz "pretty much set at PF and center for years to come"?

This would then make a logjam at the wings and the Jazz would then need to find another back up PF/C

I had in mind big AL, Millsap and Favors. Kanter is expendable if you can improve our most glaring weakness - wing position. Both CJ and Hayward are not the answer. D.Williams has that potential, he is going to be better then CJ and Hayward. And what logjam at the wings? Howard and CJ will be gone next year. Hayward would be way better coming of the bench.

I had in mind big AL, Millsap and Favors. Kanter is expendable if you can improve our most glaring weakness - wing position. Both CJ and Hayward are not the answer. D.Williams has that potential, he is going to be better then CJ and Hayward. And what logjam at the wings? Howard and CJ will be gone next year. Hayward would be way better coming of the bench.

That would give us your new wing player, Bell, Hayward, Howard, Miles and Burks. Also one injury to a big and the Jazz are in BIG trouble. What would they do then? Grab some nobody from the D league that gets man handled everynight?

Part of the reason we are set in the front court for years to come is because of the depth we have there. I am not agaisnt a trade but if we make one we will more than likely have to make it more than one player or have a follow up trade to fix the resulting issues.

Both CJ and Hayward are not the answer. D.Williams has that potential, he is going to be better then CJ and Hayward.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Williams is not a wing player. After watching last nights game I am even more sure that he is not a wing player. He is a PF, and not anything else. He is an athletic PF. He certainly has a reason to be in the NBA but he is not going to be a starter on a good team.

PS, his 3pt shooting so far is 27.3%. Both Bell and CJ have a better percentage than that.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Williams is not a wing player. After watching last nights game I am even more sure that he is not a wing player. He is a PF, and not anything else. He is an athletic PF. He certainly has a reason to be in the NBA but he is not going to be a starter on a good team.

PS, his 3pt shooting so far is 27.3%. Both Bell and CJ have a better percentage than that.

what I said pre-draft .. but kudos for truth.

I didn't mean to plagiarise you. I'm sorry. I am glad that you can see through athletic ability and really see what is there.

hAha, no worries .. I'm not much worthy of plagerizing. I mentioned it more to demonstrate history/pattern.

I think Kanter is just doing what the coaches ask him to do. he's really playing within himself. If you look at his play in Europe this summer you can see quite a big difference in teh way he approaches the game.

I missed last game so can't argue about that but previous game I saw he mainly played as SF on the perimeter and made 4 3pointers.
So you think Kanter will be a starter on good team?

That would give us your new wing player, Bell, Hayward, Howard, Miles and Burks.

Well Bell and Burks are shooting guards in my book but I see what you mean. Again, I am looking more for the future then for this season.