What's new

Karl Malone

Here is my transcription of the Karl Malone press conference - ignore spelling and grammer. I was just typing.

Coincidece he is at game - kids are out of school
* Coach Sloan is the most unbelieveable person... not going to comment all that's going on
* My respect for sloan... i will do all that i can to make his legacy live on - i promise
* We lost two head coaches
* Don't like to hear 'he said she said'
* Recieved a lot of texts and calls - Yesterday was a tough day to react, but today he can react
* I know my coach and my asst coach - and they never resign at anything.
* what i said is what i said. I don't care what has been said
* He challenged me to a fight...
* What we lost, can never ever be replaced. No disrepect to ty. But two headcoaches...
* half the people don't knwo what they are talking about - talking heads, players, etc.
* Abotu Jazz Fans - You can't BS them - they know Bball. They know Jerry Sloan
* never loose the fire and desire, maybe they get tired of BS though
* Loyalty is what Phil Johnson did. Those are the kinds of friendships and buddies i like
* not a lot of talke about phil, but they both putt his together
* let's be honset with Jazz fans...
* i'm excited to be here, got great seats - I've watch just about every game
* out of respect to you and your family, play the game like its your last
* To Ty: try to enjoy, embrace moement. Careful what you wish for - look who taught him.
* Today - this talk is only about Jerry sittutation.
* My son plays football... but i'd be honored to be offered a coach spot - I'm always a phone call away to help this org in anyway. It won't cost you much early, might cost you much later. ... I'm availbe for Ty. I might not be a fit for ty. Long commute but oculd be done. At some point i'd liek to carry on coach sloan legacy.
* Whatever the powers were to be - had to be very strong to (quit) resign - I'm not digging in any deeper. Let's not act like this isn't a crossroad. Let's not throw hand grenades. I'm open to helpin. Let's talk about Jerry.
* For people to say stuff in the studio - i played with him - he's at ESPN now - about "the game passed him by" it is Bull$%#$.
* For guys in studio to say '"he lost it" is BS.
* You don't need me to break down the video for you - you get paid millions to be a player - get a tv yoru self. Smitty is best at that. It is not their (coaches) job to hand feed these guys.
* His system works -
* changed uni's to old school, tell the dam players to start playin - i just call it like i see it. I don't think i'd be a good fit right now...
* soem of the stuff i'm hearing, i don't know about.
* Coach forgot more basketball than i know.
* I helped build this, but they cant' fire me...
* I remember LHM, when me and Sloan buttin' heads after a game, keep his head down, then work through it with both KM and JS - afterword in the locker room. But LHM never got in the middle of the fight.
* I got my own tickets - Jazz let me park in the back... i get to be in here with no pressure.
* Asked if KM thinks he was pushed: "jerry don't quit"

You could have put the 5 best minds in jazzfanz history in a room and they couldn't have created anything close to the genius that just took place.

To be fair, the 5 best minds in jazzfanz history couldn't collectively find their way out of a chinese finger trap. But yes.

From Steve Luhm's Twitter: The Trib's Brian T. Smith just experienced his first Karl Malone interview. Called it "great," "amazing," "the way it should be."

The reference above to a fight is that Sloan once called malone out for a fight. Implying the difficult situations occur. ANd the stuff about LHM getting involved was the manner in which he was involved: Not ever getting into the fight with those two, but afterward tending to each individually.