What's new

Kemba Walker vs Brandon Knight

Which player do you like better for the Jazz?

• Kemba Walker

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Brandon Knight

Votes: 45 80.4%

• Total voters
Well, this tells you how important jazzfanz thinks physical profiles are. Sure, Knight has tools to be a better player. But I'd rather follow Kemba into battle.

Well, this tells you how important jazzfanz thinks physical profiles are. Sure, Knight has tools to be a better player. But I'd rather follow Kemba into battle.

I'm not going to say national championships don't matter, but besides that, how much better has Walker really proven himself to be (keeping in mind that he is also at least 2 years older and more experienced)?

It's not entirely about who you'd go to war with today - it's about who you think will be the better NBA player. That's what the draft is about, evaluating a body of work and then projecting how that player translates down the road, sometimes as far as 2-3 years. Arguments can be made for both players - but I went with Knight.

David Locke
Brandon Knight tests out between Devin Harris and Derrick Rose
David Locke
Combine measurements - Derrick Williams similar to Kevin Love; Chris Singleton is a taller Iguodala and Kemba Waker is Chris Paul ....

Not sure about the Brandon knight being a derrick rose but i do see him as a Devin harris. I need to watch this kid more to get a better feel because I don't see the athleticism as a Rose. Both players are very quick players as well. It does sound like they are not high on Devin Harris as their future pg from what I have read. I would love to see him at the two more taking cj minutes more. He can be our terry on this team. I suspect the jazz are going to try very hard to get irving and that there is going to be some trading going on in the draft. I would love to get Dwill and trade down for kemba or Knight. If I put money on it i bet we will come out of this draft with a pg of the three top in the draft. There is a lot of hints pointing at a pg from everything I am reading. Could be some weird things headed our way.

side note
David Locke
Jimmer's best comparable is Toney Douglass of the Knicks their games mights be comparable as well -- have we finally found out who JF is?

Kemba is UCONN's version of Mateen Cleaves.

A nice winner at the college level.

Complete disaster at the pro level.

And comparing Knight's freshman numbers to Walker's freshman numbers is really, really... well... funny, really. Especially considering how much Knight grew as the season went.

Knight's test result is very impressive considered people are saying he can't jump. 37.5" is not bad (better than Westbrook). Also he could bench 10 times - very good with a 177-pound frame.

I picked Knight, but I do wonder. I know he hasn't played a single pro game yet, but Kemba reminds me quite a bit of a shorter DWade in his style of play. Both are physical, beat people from the perimeter on athleticism and determination rather than size, and can distribute but prefer to score. I just really worry about the fact that he is roughly 4 inches shorter.

David Locke
Combine measurements - Derrick Williams similar to Kevin Love
The more I hear about Locke the less credibility I think he has. Anyone who watched Williams and Love in college knows their games are nothing like each other and that Williams can play above the rim while Love was always a below-the-rim player. Add in the fact that Williams has a substantially longer wingspan and standing reach - and really the only thing they have in common is they played in the Pac10.

Knight. He has the length, athleticism and intelligence to be a Russell Westbrook type player with more range and consistency and less of a tendency to chuck.

While he has a nice max vert and nice length, he has shown no where near the ability to jump that high and finish in traffic like Westrbrook does. Knight is a below the rim kind of guy, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I've seen the highlight reels, and watched a lot of Kentucky games this year. While I don't think Knight relies on his athleticism nearly as much as Westbrook, I think his combine numbers show that he possesses the athleticism to get to where he wants on the floor, similar to Westbrook.

Getting to spots on the floor is more about ball handling. Knight needs to develop his left hand before that can happen.

Kemba is UCONN's version of Mateen Cleaves.

A nice winner at the college level.

Complete disaster at the pro level.

I don't see why Knight is drastically better than Walker. Walker had better numbers. His team was better. Why would he be a disaster and Knight be a stud?

Also Walker doesn't seem to have character issues like Cleaves did.

I picked Knight, but I do wonder. I know he hasn't played a single pro game yet, but Kemba reminds me quite a bit of a shorter DWade in his style of play. Both are physical, beat people from the perimeter on athleticism and determination rather than size, and can distribute but prefer to score. I just really worry about the fact that he is roughly 4 inches shorter.

Kemba isn't athletic (especially for the advantage he should have for being tiny), while Wade is an absolute freak and has a 6' 11" wingspan.