What's new

Kemba Walker vs Brandon Knight

Which player do you like better for the Jazz?

• Kemba Walker

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Brandon Knight

Votes: 45 80.4%

• Total voters
Popavich is outspoken?

Have you heard him in the huddles and press conferences? He's not always cheerleading but he's very direct and isn't afraid to get in a guy's face. Sloan and him are very similar in that way. Just ask any referee when they make a mistake. Pop gets very animated and frankly kinda scary. ;)

Seriously, Pop is one of those coaches that I wouldn't want on my bad side. Just watch when a reporter asks a dumb question. lol

BTW, I wasn't saying yours was a dumb question.

Last edited:
The only concern I have with Knight, at this point, is something he said: "We'll find out where we're going to play for the next couple years." I'm paraphrasing of course. It may be nothing. However, that along with how he handled the workout, makes me wonder a little if he would stay long-term?

I may be a bit paranoid and worrisome, but it's at least something I'd look into. He did leave after his freshman year. Is he more worried about money than winning? Is he going to be loyal with the team that drafted him?

Based on this alone, Kemba wins me over, hands down. Kemba is a junior basketball-wise but he already graduated from college. I also liked how friendly and smooth Kemba seemed working with and talking about other players. Kemba, to me, seems to have more depth of character. Although, he's not as articulate as some. Knight's interviews seem a little stiff. Even Jimmer's interviews, while well-spoken, seem a little stiff as well.

I want my leader to be calm in any situation. He needs to be someone that people can look to for guidance when the boat is wavering. They don't even have to be the leading scorer. They just need to help your team win consistently. Plus, they need a dominant personality that gels well with teammates but intimidates opponents. Kemba vs Knight in the tournament answered who that was.

What do I mean? It's like Jordan vs Malone. Both have big personalities but Jordan's was a bit more dominant than Malone's and everyone else's. Or, Dirk vs Lebron 2011. Or Wade vs Dirk 2006. Or Kobe vs whoever. Deron had that but seemed to lose it a little towards the end. We need that back.

Of course, if the Jazz feel better about going big with the #3 pick and getting that dominant personality later then by all means, don't second guess. Just go for it and don't look back. Kanter, for example, has a strong personality as well. We do have options, to say the least.

https://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/category/_/name/draft-reports

Kentucky's Brandon Knight wants to go to Cleveland -- as the No. 1 pick. When given the choices of Cleveland, Toronto, Utah or Sacramento, Knight said he wants Cleveland but as No. 1, even though he’s only being considered by the Cavs at No. 4.

Seems the loyalty vibe I got was correct. He would rather go to Cleveland.

In this case, take the best big man or trade and get a pick later and get Kemba. Otherwise, stick with a big man and Jimmer/Thompson/Singleton/Burks or if JV falls, snag him as well and worry about a PG next year/free agency.

Of course, Raymond Felton is also said to be available...

https://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/category/_/name/draft-reports

Seems the loyalty vibe I got was correct. He would rather go to Cleveland.

In this case, take the best big man or trade and get a pick later and get Kemba. Otherwise, stick with a big man and Jimmer/Thompson/Singleton/Burks or if JV falls, snag him as well and worry about a PG next year/free agency.

Of course, Raymond Felton is also said to be available...

He wants to be the No. 1 pick, clown.

I'm sure Knight wants to go to Cleveland, then Minny, then Utah, then Cleveland again. In that order. Of course he wants to get drafted as high as possible.

He wants to be the No. 1 pick, clown.

That's exactly my point, goof. ;) He's more worried about going #1 than going to the right situation. That, to me, says that when it comes to negotiating a contract with him, he's more likely to leave for a bigger market/more money.

I'm thinking long-term here.

Only us Jazz fans want to try to win a championship with players that are loyal and care more about the Jazz than the money.

Only us Jazz fans want to try to win a championship with players that are loyal and care more about the Jazz than the money.

lol, good point. It just makes good business sense to get a player that values the same things that the community does. Therefore, they're more than likely to try harder because they like it here and don't want to let us down. ;)

I think Deron seemed genuinely disappointed that he couldn't do more for us while he was here. After hearing what he said, I have to wonder if he really would have left. I think he would have if there was another Knicks or Heat-like situation but that's about it.

Gotta admit - I absolutely HATED having Boozer on my team. But Knight isn't in that league at all. Contrary to popular belief I don't hate Knight - I only hate drafting him @ 3.

Gotta admit - I absolutely HATED having Boozer on my team. But Knight isn't in that league at all. Contrary to popular belief I don't hate Knight - I only hate drafting him @ 3.

I didn't hate having Boozer but I am glad we don't have his problems anymore. I'm also glad that AK's contract is finally over. Now, if we can get Memo to renegotiate his deal. lol

Seriously, I wouldn't mind having Knight. I just like Kemba better as a fit for this team. Although, either would be great players for the Jazz. I also agree that it would be better to get them a bit lower while adding an asset.

Otherwise, Irving, Williams then Kanter, in that order.

Knight will be a preofessional no matter where he ends up. He'll appreciate his team, never whine, and never pull strings for his personal benefit. I feel strongly about that .. as much as I have about any basketball player in 3 decades. Having said that, I love him at 4 but not at 3.

Knight will be a preofessional no matter where he ends up. He'll appreciate his team, never whine, and never pull strings for his personal benefit. I feel strongly about that .. as much as I have about any basketball player in 3 decades. Having said that, I love him at 4 but not at 3.

I hope you're right and I agree that 3 is too high. Jazz should trade for the #4 and go ahead with Kanter and Knight if they really like them both. I'm sure we could pull that off if we wanted to badly enough. ;)

Last edited: