What's new

Kentucky at Butler (I mean Wizards at Jazz) - tonite - 7pm MT

Corbin went from one extreme to another, probably helps that Bell was reportedly hurt during the game. I just thought it odd that during the first half (mainly 2nd qtr) when AJ & Sap were struggling why at least Favors didn't get more minutes then, it was only when AJ started scoring the 3rd Qtr did he decide to put Favors in for the rest of the game. I'm happy the rookies got so much time and especially down the stretch should be a growing experience for them and like others have said if Corbin was coaching to win I think he would've put Watson in for Price and AJ or Millsap for Evans at around the 3min mark of the 4th but rewarding Hayward & Favors by leaving them in.

A microcosm of Price is when he forced back to back TO's only to get 2 missed FT's and turned the ball over himself negating the positives he produces.

[url[/MEDIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHtyXUISuaE[/url]
This one's better because Favors did it while getting fouled, trying to find a better link that shows it better but still not bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ7Q57zjqEo&feature=player_embedded

"Price is and will be an effective energy player for a few more years." - Qman

I still think it is true when you use him for 5 minutes here and 5 minutes there. Like how he helped the team come back. And once his 5 minute timer goes off Coach Corbin needs to pull him.

Is there a team in the Final 4 that we could beat right now?

I mean, seriously, we're horrible! Boring slow offense and just non-existent defense.

The sad thing is, this crap has been going on for months now!

Combine the final 4 teams with all the best players on it...give them a few months to play together...and this Jazz team, as ****** as they are, would still win by 35. PS. It would be 125-32 against BYU... Jimmer would have all 32 points but on 55 shot attempts.

I dont care if we win or lose right now really. At the game last night it was boring and dead for through 3. The 4th was fun and exciting, the crowd acted like it was game 7 of the finals, it was fantastic.

And he has been on this team how long???? He and jarron collins would make a nice pair. Why cannot Jazz management recognize uselessness when they see it?

All-time worst players in a Jazz uniform at each position (that got decent minutes/contracts) since I can remember:

PG - Ronnie Price ($4,918,000 for 4 years of "hussle")
SG - Raja Bell ($5,008,679 for 3 years of "worst PER ever")
SF - Kirilenko ($91,447,414 for 11 years of "erratic, which-freakin'-AK-shows-up-tonight injury plagued play")
PF - Jarron Collins ($13,182,817 for 8 years of "practicing hard, working hard, impressing coach")
C - Ostertag ($44,251,390 for 10 years of "jackpotting around and not getting any better")
6th - CJ Miles ($12,933,581 for 6 years of "waiting to develop")

^ Now THAT would be a great team to watch! I'd predict 15 turnovers in the first 3 minutes of the game...

Last edited:
All-time worst players in a Jazz uniform at each position (that got decent minutes/contracts) since I can remember:

SF - Kirilenko ($91,447,414 for 11 years of "erratic, which-freakin'-AK-shows-up-tonight injury plagued play")
PF - Jarron Collins ($13,182,817 for 8 years of "practicing hard, working hard, impressing coach")
C - Ostertag ($44,251,390 for 10 years of "jackpotting around and not getting any better")

^ Now THAT would be a great team to watch! I'd predict 15 turnovers in the first 3 minutes of the game...

You left out the best of all: Adam Keefe. The only guy to start for an NBA finals teams who had zero NBA skills.

Again, why cannot the Jazz recognize uselessness when it slaps them in the face? To my mind, the "fall in love" with certain guys because they are good guys, work hard, and overachieve even though that overachievement is still below NBA standards. RP is not an NBA player: too small for anything but a PG but he is not a PG. Cannot shoot nearly well enough for SG.

I dont care if we win or lose right now really. At the game last night it was boring and dead for through 3. The 4th was fun and exciting, the crowd acted like it was game 7 of the finals, it was fantastic.

Glad the young uns got some crunch time minutes. Maybe Bell's injury is season ending?

Glad the young uns got some crunch time minutes. Maybe Bell's injury is season ending?

If not, someone should take a fork and stab him in the eye. I've rarely detested a Jazzman as much as him, he and CJ are the biggest reasons I struggle to watch Jazz games anymore, win or lose.

This game was really bad. But watching the Rookies come back in the 4th to force overtime made the game worth watching. If they only could have had a good PG with that group they would have won the game. At least it gives us something to hope for in the future. At least we have building blocks to work with.

Not even close

Rusty Larue?
John Starks?
Blue Edwards?
Mike Brown?
Luther Wright?
James Donaldson?

Not even close

Rusty Larue?
John Starks?
Blue Edwards?
Mike Brown?
Luther Wright?
James Donaldson?

I guess I didn't think about those guys because I was thinking more of guys that played for a long time (3 years plus) with the team and got extended contracts, or were paid BIG money to produce for the Jazz and were complete failures. There are obviously worse players than Price, Raja, AK, Collins, Tag, and CJ that have played for the Jazz....but atleast those guys were disposed of in 1 or 2 seasons.

All I know is it would piss me off to have paid the 6 guys I named above (Price, Raja, AK, Collins, Tag, and CJ) a total of $170 MILLION DOLLARS and wasted 42 combined years of effort and time on them...and basically have diddley-squat to show for it.

...So, yeah, that's kinda what I getting at when I put together that list.

I guess I didn't think about those guys because I was thinking more of guys that played for a long time (3 years plus) with the team and got extended contracts, or were paid BIG money to produce for the Jazz and were complete failures. There are obviously worse players than Price, Raja, AK, Collins, Tag, and CJ that have played for the Jazz....but atleast those guys were disposed of in 1 or 2 seasons.

All I know is it would piss me off to have paid the 6 guys I named above (Price, Raja, AK, Collins, Tag, and CJ) a total of $170 MILLION DOLLARS and wasted 42 combined years of effort and time on them...

...So, yeah, that's kinda what I getting at when I put together that list.

Money spent can't be used since the NBA operated at much less salary 20 years ago.

Jazz paid Luther Wright for YEARS when he didn't play. In fact, the Jazz ARE STILL PAYING LUTHER WRIGHT!

https://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9901EFDE1339F937A35757C0A960958260

God I hate Price, always trying to do fancy ****. Ironic his last name is Price when he isn't worth a thing.