What's new

Kentucky at Butler (I mean Wizards at Jazz) - tonite - 7pm MT

And while I'm at it, John Wall is incredible. He's got Iverson written all over him. I'd trade any player we have for him. Hell of a player.

And while I'm at it, John Wall is incredible. He's got Iverson written all over him. I'd trade any player we have for him. Hell of a player.

It was a Jekyll and Hyde night for Wall.

First half

like 10-11 with 24 points.

second half and OT

0-9 while going 4-6 at the line to end up with 28 total points. I would have bet after watching him in that first half that he was going to drop at least 40 on us.

price in the fourth quarter:

• stepped on the sideline with the ball
  • airballed a three pointer right out of bounds
  • dribbled the ball off his foot and out of bounds
  • threw an alley oop pass that almost went OVER the backboard
  • nearly gave away a showboating pass on a breakaway
  • airballed an FT that could've put the jazz up three with just seconds remaining

Last edited:
price in the fourth quarter:

• stepped on the sideline with the ball
  • airballed a three pointer right out of bounds
  • threw an alley oop pass that almost went OVER the backboard
  • nearly gave away a showboating pass on a breakaway
  • airballed an FT that could've put the jazz up three with just seconds remaining

You forgot dribbling off his foot out of bounds.

It was a Jekyll and Hyde night for Wall.

First half

like 10-11 with 24 points.

second half and OT

0-9 while going 4-6 at the line to end up with 28 total points. I would have bet after watching him in that first half that he was going to drop at least 40 on us.

I'm not looking at a bad first half or a bad second half. I'm just watching him play. He's lightning with the ball. He gets to the rim with ease. He can finish. He finds open guys. And he's 20. Whether you saw it or not, he's a superstar in this league. The jumpshot is still lacking. But you're crazy if you're not seeing his NBA game. He's death in the open court. The rest of his game is easy to predict--he'll be very, very good.

I haven't seen a losing season of the Jazz...ever. I was out of the country the 20 some odd win season the Jazz had. That's nearly thirty years of winning.

This is depressing.

And rooting for your team to lose is, as far as fandom is concerned, probably the vilest thing in my mind.

The real question is..... Was this Price's worst performance as an NBA player tonight? I say it was.

I really think that the Jazz are tanking it... airballing a FT??

I think this is what happened: The management instructed the team to lose every game along the way so we can have more ping pongs. The excuse they are using would be to develop the young guns. The veterans like Millsap and Jefferson weren't particularly happy about this and at the same time were asked to keep quiet. Jefferson was afraid that he would slip out the truth, so he walked out on the media.

I really think that the Jazz are tanking it... airballing a FT??

I think this is what happened: The management instructed the team to lose every game along the way so we can have more ping pongs. The excuse they are using would be to develop the young guns. The veterans like Millsap and Jefferson weren't particularly happy about this and at the same time were asked to keep quiet. Jefferson was afraid that he would slip out the truth, so he walked out on the media.

You could be onto something. AJ and Sap miss important minutes in the 4th and OT(could have been Corbin seeing what the young guys could do). Price's atrocious play(not sure if he was tanking, could have just been his best effort). Anyway, it was a really weird game.

Never thought I'd see a Favors, Evans, Hayward, CJ, Price lineup on the court in crunch time (or any other time). Give the rooks props...they almost brought the team back and deserved to keep playing. If the Jazz could still make the playoffs, you probably go back to Jefferson and Millsap, but in this case why bother? Still play to win, but if they don't at least they young guys get some valuable minutes because they won't be getting the playoff experience this year.

If the Jazz came back and won from 12 pts. down, playing with a lineup of Ronnie Price, CJ Miles and 3 rookies who have never played together, Flip Saunders might have killed himself.

The Jazz have some potential. They just need a real system, a real PG and a real go-to scorer to complement what they have by next fall. They're rebuilding on the fly.

Last year at this time, the Jazz had Williams, Matthews, Kirilenko, Boozer and Okur. This year, none of the above--basically, a summer-league team was out there tonight.

There's no doubt the Jazz have to draft a guard this summer. This Earl Watson, Ronnie Price, Raja Bell think just can't continue.

Jazz have 5 of the 29 worst players in the NBA.

https://bkref.com/tiny/ndv5k

Watson could be on this list by season's end. Bell is by far the worst regular player in the league. 2,000 minutes of 8.4 PER. Fesenko and Price have PERs in the fives.

Nice tailoring of numbers in your search query to match Fesenko's 423 minutes played...haha. Not that it matters though - 400 minutes played only adds one more player to the under 9.0 PER field. It's kinda depressing that Hayward is on that list.

I agree with most posters on here. We need a point guard. Price has been a fun jazz man to root for but he is not a point. There are a few guards I would love the jazz to draft a head of Jimmer, but even if we had jimmer tonight i think it would have been a win. We need a leader and Jimmer is a better floor general than Price.

I agree with most posters on here. We need a point guard. Price has been a fun jazz man to root for but he is not a point. There are a few guards I would love the jazz to draft a head of Jimmer, but even if we had jimmer tonight i think it would have been a win. We need a leader and Jimmer is a better floor general than Price.

Price is arguably the single worst player in the NBA.

https://bkref.com/tiny/Hxxr9

Did you know that he has negative Win Shares?