What's new

KG3 / Kessler = Young Don / Rudy?

View: https://twitter.com/WalkerKessler13/status/1677754927081312257?t=FDrpAfppYkJCPUkubbb5Jw&s=09

We all seen Rudy taking shoots in practice, it looked ok but it never materialized. To me Kessler shot looks different. His release is high and quick. I think he will decent (at the very worst) catch and shoot.

But how good does he need to be for Hardy to actually allow it?

He has publicly said the 3pt shot has ruined more careers than it has made, and that's clearly a message to guys like Kessler.

I think he will probably get one every now and then just to appease him a bit, but I dont see it being a consistent part of his game next season.

View: https://twitter.com/WalkerKessler13/status/1677754927081312257?t=FDrpAfppYkJCPUkubbb5Jw&s=09

We all seen Rudy taking shoots in practice, it looked ok but it never materialized. To me Kessler shot looks different. His release is high and quick. I think he will decent (at the very worst) catch and shoot.

I don't know much about this, but the first few shots started with the ball right in front of his face. I would guess he's going to need a lot of room to get that shot off.

I don't know much about this, but the first few shots started with the ball right in front of his face. I would guess he's going to need a lot of room to get that shot off.
It doesn’t matter. He should never be shooting those if there’s a question of whether there’s enough room. He needs to hit them wide open so that he isn’t left wide open.

Nothing in Kessler's profile suggests he will ever be a consistent shooter. I'm not sure his time is well spent trying to become... What? 30% shooter? If I was him I'd be working on FT shooting much more than the 3...

holy crapizoid batman. he looks damn good shooting 3s to me. its shows incresible maturity and self awareness. clearly he can take and make 3s. last year what did he take 5 all season? he knows he gets paid for defense and rebounding and he focused on that stuff last year. if he can expan his game to coner 3s look out.

He has publicly said the 3pt shot has ruined more careers than it has made, and that's clearly a message to guys like Kessler.

I think he will probably get one every now and then just to appease him a bit, but I dont see it being a consistent part of his game next season.
Maybe this early in his career probably not much. All he needs though is a few attempts this year (20/30). And then slowly go from there if it falls in. If he is just a decent 3-point shooter it can help his offense and team's offense tremendously 3-4 years down the road.

In that last part of the video, he got corner 3 10 in a row. The mechanics look pretty decent too.

Edit: 14 in row.

Maybe this early in his career probably not much. All he needs though is a few attempts this year (20/30). And then slowly go from there if it falls in. If he is just a decent 3-point shooter it can help his offense and team's offense tremendously 3-4 years down the road.

In that last part of the video, he got corner 3 10 in a row. The mechanics look pretty decent too.

Fingers crossed

I wish I could see a side by side of his form from the season and at Auburn. He seems to have made it more compact and he is starting the shot higher. It looks better. At very least we will see it at the FT line.

Nothing in Kessler's profile suggests he will ever be a consistent shooter. I'm not sure his time is well spent trying to become... What? 30% shooter? If I was him I'd be working on FT shooting much more than the 3...
His time is very well spent working on all perimeter shots.

I'd love to see his list of big men with ruined careers because they took some 3 pointers.