What's new

Kris Dunn

HH and Infection getting a boner over another terrible player who absolutely does not fit the team. It's the off-season.
I mean I was going to crow about some dude in summer league that had a good game and talk about how smart it makes me look but that corner was already occupied.

Sounds like we're ready to submit our opinions. Shouldn't Qualtrics be here to survey all of us? Gotta get moving on this stuff.

View attachment 11108
I really really don’t think we do anything semi-big until the season starts. Unless Boston moves Dunn to OKC or some team like that I doubt he gets much opportunity to play. The fit with Smart, Schroeder, Richardson, Dunn is pretty clunky.

Your two options are:

1. Trade for Dunn using non-rotational filler (Hughes, Oni, TPE).
2. Trade Clarkson for Beverley.

Short of the above, you’re not improving perimeter defensive capabilities in any meaningful way.

Your two options are:

1. Trade for Dunn using non-rotational filler (Hughes, Oni, TPE).
2. Trade Clarkson for Beverley.

Short of the above, you’re not improving perimeter defensive capabilities in any meaningful way.
You forgot the option we will most likely employee… change nothing but do everything harder and better.

Smart extension definitely means Dunn is available… Bev is also for sure available. I don’t think we do anything. Only way I could see it happening is we get an offer of a first and an expiring for JC (don’t see the team that’d do that) and we flip the expiring and a second for Bev.

Stuff is firming up but I doubt we push in and get involved.

You forgot the option we will most likely employee… change nothing but do everything harder and better.

Smart extension definitely means Dunn is available… Bev is also for sure available. I don’t think we do anything. Only way I could see it happening is we get an offer of a first and an expiring for JC (don’t see the team that’d do that) and we flip the expiring and a second for Bev.

Stuff is firming up but I doubt we push in and get involved.
Yeah, we’ll probably try a “bigger, faster, stronger” campaign. We’ll perhaps argue that we already have enough cooks in the kitchen. The problem is, we’ve got a bunch of bakers and no actual cooks. They’re phenomenal bakers, to be fair, but they specialize in cakes and pastries. To get us a bit more beefy and nutritious, we moved a lot of those guys to baking casseroles. But we don’t have a cook. We don’t have anyone that can sear meat.

I do not believe anything better will come along during the season. If you survey the landscape of what we could obtain for the TPE, there’s really nothing else there.

I think this is the best idea if we were to make one more move. I doubt this happens because Boston may not even be looking to dump him. We would have enough depth so Quinn wouldn’t have to stick with the same core (however good also predictable). We brought in two potentially good small ball fives while retaining the core 7 and filling in the gap behind Gobert. We just need that one piece that can go out and guard the Murrays and Currys.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I think this is the best idea if we were to make one more move. I doubt this happens because Boston may not even be looking to dump him. We would have enough depth so Quinn wouldn’t have to stick with the same core (however good also predictable). We brought in two potentially good small ball fives while retaining the core 7 and filling in the gap behind Gobert. We just need that one piece that can go out and guard the Murrays and Currys.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
And that one piece was really all we needed to begin with. So we still haven't addressed our biggest problem 3 years running. Unless one of our draft picks suddenly shows the ability to defend on the perimeter.

Last season we didn't need a small ball 5, we needed just one of our other 4 players to be able to moderately defend on the perimeter. But none of them could. Mitchell and Conley were too small to bother the bigger wings they had to guard and no one else has the athleticism or skill to stay with anyone on the perimeter. That has been our glaring weakness for 3 years now. And we still haven't addressed it.

And that one piece was really all we needed to begin with. So we still haven't addressed our biggest problem 3 years running. Unless one of our draft picks suddenly shows the ability to defend on the perimeter.

Last season we didn't need a small ball 5, we needed just one of our other 4 players to be able to moderately defend on the perimeter. But none of them could. Mitchell and Conley were too small to bother the bigger wings they had to guard and no one else has the athleticism or skill to stay with anyone on the perimeter. That has been our glaring weakness for 3 years now. And we still haven't addressed it.
Mitchell and Conley were reallllllly far from 100%, to be fair.

I like the improvements we’ve made. This new team, of healthy, doesn’t lose that Clips series—and they matchup way better with PHX and MIL.

I think there’s a reasonably high chance of a mid-season, roster-balancing trade.

But, yeah, just go get Dunn