What's new

Kyrie to Boston (Official)

IT was the heart and soul of that team. Crowder was a guy that gave his all too.

Irving is going to be exposed for the overrated player he is. Lol that some people call him a superstar. Please.

Boston is going to swallow Hayward up.

That could all be true and they still get at least the 4th seed.

The big thing you have to root for is the Lakers to finish in the upper half of lottery teams. We want their pick to have little chance of being in the 2-5 range. That's what really takes Boston from being in a good to great spot in terms of Hayward's long-term future with the Celtics.

I would consider this a positive from Hayward's standpoint tbh. Now he has a legitimate star to play w/ and grow w/ long-term opposed to IT who seemed like his peak year probably just happened.

The big questions for Boston: Does Tatum and/or Brown develop into starting level players? Do they convey the Lakers pick (they only get it if it lands 2-5)? Does Lebron go to LA like the rumors say?

My bet: Donovan Mitchell will have a better career than Tatum, Smart, and Brown.

--

don't kid yourself-- the only way this gets worse for Gordon is if Isaiah fails the physical, and he goes back to Boston

The interesting thing for the Cavs is if they can get some sort of commitment from Lebron for more years and they use the Brooklyn pick + Love to get another huge star.

I'd love to see the Cavs gets Demarcus Cousins from the Pelicans and see how that would work.

My bet: Donovan Mitchell will have a better career than Tatum, Smart, and Brown.

--

don't kid yourself-- the only way this gets worse for Gordon is if Isaiah fails the physical, and he goes back to Boston

So do you think Hayward is happier with IT or Irving? I'm confused.

And here I wanted Crowder and Haywood to have the same relationship as Green and Durant did on the Warriors. Green yelling at Durant for his mistakes and seeing Crowder yelling at Haywood for his mistakes again and again. Gosh darn!

Remember how Hayward was the last missing piece to that 53 win Celtics 3rd round team?

Remember how they only have 4 players returning from last year's team? 4 players mother **** 4!!!

How many of those 4 were in the meeting with Hayward? I think just 1 because they expected to ship out Smart. 1!!!

If I were Hayward I would feel like I got sold a bill of goods at this point. The up and coming draft pick... Tatum... Brown... IT... Horford... And a band of thugs.

See you later Band of Thugs. See you later IT, Crowder, and draft pick. What's left? A score first rookie (a good one at that), Horford (10th best PF in the league?), shoot first Kyrie who didn't pay much attention to Gayward ever, Brown, and... Rozier/Smart? Wow. Just wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember how Hayward was the last missing piece to that 53 win Celtics 3rd round team?

Remember how they only have 4 players returning from last year's team? 4 players mother **** 4!!!

How many of those 4 were in the meeting with Hayward? I think just 1 because they expected to ship out Smart. 1!!!

If I were Hayward I would feel like I got sold a bill of goods at this point. The up and coming draft pick... Tatum... Brown... IT... Horford... And a band of thugs.

See you later Band of Thugs. See you later IT, Crowder, and draft pick. What's left? A score first rookie (a good one at that), Horford (10th best PF in the league?), shoot first Kyrie who didn't pay much attention to Gayward ever, Brown, and... Rozier/Smart? Wow. Just wow.

Thugs?

Really dude?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is insanity! WOW! I officially don't know **** about basketball. I have no idea how the Cavs got this return for Kyrie. I didn't expect this. Nowhere close to it in fact. Great return for the Cavs both for competing this year(I think they actually got better for this year!!!!) and better for the future obviously with the BKN pick. Amazing trade for the Cavs! This Koby Altman kid starts off his career in an amazing fashion! WOW!

I get it for Boston, but I don't think that's a good trade for them. I think they got worse for this year and in order to get better in the future they need Kyrie to re-sign and the pick to not turn into a all-star type of player. I guess they see their chance for competing in the next couple of years and are willing to pull the trigger. Still a ton to give up.

I personally don't see the Celtics being 'that' great. They lost their best defender, most of their bench now, and that was for Irving and Gordo. Irving has a history of being injured, so if he goes down how are they better than the Jazz? LOL. Gordo basically goes to being 'the man' again.

Here's their roster. It's considerably worst than last year bench wise.

45 Kadeem Allen SG 24 6-3 200 Arizona
12 Aron Baynes C 30 6-10 260 Washington State $4,328,000
26 Jabari Bird SG 23 6-6 198 California
7 Jaylen Brown F 20 6-7 225 California $4,956,480
30 Gerald Green SF 31 6-7 205
20 Gordon Hayward SF 27 6-8 226 Butler $29,727,900
42 Al Horford C 31 6-10 245 Florida $27,734,406
2 Kyrie Irving PG 25 6-3 193 Duke $18,868,626
0 Shane Larkin PG 24 5-11 175 Miami (FL) $1,471,382
13 Marcus Morris PF 27 6-9 235 Kansas $5,000,000
51 Abdel Nader SF 23 6-6 230 Iowa State $1,167,333
37 Semi Ojeleye PF 22 6-7 235 SMU $1,291,892
12 Terry Rozier PG 23 6-2 190 Louisville $1,988,520
36 Marcus Smart PG 23 6-4 220 Oklahoma State $4,538,020
11 Jayson Tatum SF 19 6-8 205 Duke $5,645,400
99 Daniel Theis PF 25 6-9 243 $815,615
98 Guerschon Yabusele PF 21 6-8 260 $2,247,480

I couldn't tell you who even starts at shooting guard OR who 50% of their players are.

EDIT: pretty sure Allen and Henderson aren't with the team anymore also

DH3x2tsXYAAkDHF.jpg:large

hearing this news in kyoto is pretty good i guess. time for more sake

Last edited:
I just think it's funny that Gordon signed on to play with the celtics and they've move like half their core.
Haywood don't care about that.
Brad is still there and that's all that matters.

This trade leaves me thinking 2 things -

#1 Cleveland got very great value for a guy who would have walked in 2 years. IT is not that far off from Kyrie currently and that 2018 pick could be massive. And Crowder is such a solid player.

#2 Boston can be amazing if Stevens coaches well. Their core for the next few years could be incredible if he can coach them up. Just look at this lineup:

PG Kyrie - top 5 offensive player
SG Jalen Brown - promising 2 way player
SF Hayward - All Star quality 2 way player
PF Tatum - very promising rookie
C Horford - solid 2 way vet
6th man - Smart who is improving

Boston has the talent (and numerous picks soon) to emerge as a contender. To me, it all comes down to Stevens. He is a better coach than Lue, but how much? We shall see...

Cavs won the trade, but nobody should be bashing the Celtics quite yet.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app