What's new

Las Vegas Summer League thread

I think Teague is definitely the 2nd two-way guy if it's someone from the Jazz SL team.
I'd like to see him in a more functional environment. He seems like a guy that is tough to stay in front of... I wouldn't mind giving him the two way... DL would be so jealous that we got all the Baylor boys the year after he is **** canned.

I'd like to see him in a more functional environment. He seems like a guy that is tough to stay in front of... I wouldn't mind giving him the two way... DL would be so jealous that we got all the Baylor boys the year after he is **** canned.
I think he's clearly better than Mathias and he's younger.

I think he's clearly better than Mathias and he's younger.
Im not a fan of Mathias... it may have just been Ben Anderson but i thought I heard another beat writer type mention him as a candidate for the two way. I really don't have a strong opinion on who we use it on.

Teague's just a guy I could see playing minutes in the NBA and not getting killed. He looks like he belongs on the court and is capable of playing in the flow of the offense.

Mathias looks like a guy who can shoot it off screens (but not like great at it like a Matt Thomas) and not much else.

Im not a fan of Mathias... it may have just been Ben Anderson but i thought I heard another beat writer type mention him as a candidate for the two way. I really don't have a strong opinion on who we use it on.
ANd idk, the Jazz have just never used a 2-way on a complete scrub like Mathias who clearly has no potential.

Worst player they used it on was probably Eric Griffin, but he at least looked exciting.

drives me nuts watching Brantley. He’ll have a nice move but can’t finish, and some of his attempts inside were ugly as hell. He did catch fire from three in the fourth I think it was.

ANd idk, the Jazz have just never used a 2-way on a complete scrub like Mathias who clearly has no potential.

Worst player they used it on was probably Eric Griffin, but he at least looked exciting.
Forget the fact that Teague looks way more like an nba player, but Teague should get the 2 way because I think it helps both him and Butler to be more comfortable.

I really liked how after Brantley hit two 3's in a row, Forrest made a great drive then threw a pretty wild behind the back/overhead the pass to get him another good look.

They may be clunky on Offense but this Summer league team defends at a high level. That heat team had scored 97 point each of there first to games. Jazz held them 30 points under that.