What's new

Las Vegas Summer League thread

I'm weirdly invested in this summer league team. I don't remember ever caring how the team did. I want that trophy!
I feel the same way, and it’s puzzling, as our rookie isn’t playing and the guys on the team that are on the jazz are just MEH to me. And I’m not sure any will get any kind of real run in the rotation.

I feel the same way, and it’s puzzling, as our rookie isn’t playing and the guys on the team that are on the jazz are just MEH to me. And I’m not sure any will get any kind of real run in the rotation.
That might be part of it though. In the past I might pay attention to summer league for an individual player. This year we don't have any regular rotation players playing. Most likely I'm paying attention because they are winning and kind of dominating defensively. I don't remember if we've ever had a summer league team that won?

As of right now, highly doubt this Jazz team would play for the championship, even though they ended up undefeated. There are 5 other teams that are also undefeated with better numbers. As of now, Jazz rank 5th in the undefeated group. Top two will play for the championship.

As of right now, highly doubt this Jazz team would play for the championship, even though they ended up undefeated. There are 5 other teams that are also undefeated with better numbers. As of now, Jazz rank 5th in the undefeated group. Top two will play for the championship.
The Celts and 76ers play today so that takes one of them out. With one more game to play who knows?

NBA with its big market bias again… this is our shot at a title… despicable

Udoka looks great. Absolutely dominant. When he plays against the big boys he will need to be much smarter about when he challenges shots… otherwise the more skilled guys will get him to easily jump out of position.

Forrest man… he’s very under control… gets where he wants to the shot he wants. Defense is really good. Not shooting it but pump faking and getting into the teeth of the defense.

Teague has an nba skill with his driving/shiftiness… he’s interesting and worth a deeper look. That Baylor team was a nightmare to play against.

I think Udoka and Brantley still have a good ways to go. Udoka looks like a worse Favors coming into the NBA. He shoots 41% from the free-throw and I can't even think of a worse free-throw shooter than him in the entire league. That's pretty much unplayable in the 4th quarter. His turnover rate is rather high for someone who just catches, dunks, and rebounds at 2.0. Rudy some times makes stupid plays but has NEVER been over 2.0 to put that into example. Favors also never averaged over 2.0. I feel like he's the next Tomic, Bolomboy, Boom bitches, etc, etc.. on this forum.

Can Forrest be a poor man’s Rondo? He seems to do everything but shoot from the outside. In the event that Conley gets hurt/load managed, could Forrest be called upon to run the team? He might be worth a look since from what I gather, Butler is more of a scoring guard in the mold of Clarkson and we might be better off with a guard who can run the team at point with Mitchell maintaining his 2 guard role.

Can Teague and/or Butler make Clarkson available for a potential trade?
Maybe a combo of Forrest and Butler in a year... Right now no. We will need to replace Joe in a year as I'm pretty sure this is his last ride unless we talk him into one more season.

Can Forrest be a poor man’s Rondo? He seems to do everything but shoot from the outside. In the event that Conley gets hurt/load managed, could Forrest be called upon to run the team? He might be worth a look since from what I gather, Butler is more of a scoring guard in the mold of Clarkson and we might be better off with a guard who can run the team at point with Mitchell maintaining his 2 guard role.
Forrest and Rondo comparisons are valid. I think Forrest needs to watch film on the great defensive guards, especially Mookie Blaylock.

I can't even think of a worse free-throw shooter than him in the entire league.
Ben simmons.
In the playoffs this year simmons shot 35% from the line in round 1 and 33% from the line in round two. lol

Well looking a the point differentials it looks like the Celts are a lock for the championship game. Jazz are going to have to really blow out the Clippers or hope all 3 of the other unbeaten teams lose to get a chance to play for the trophy

Trevon Bluiett had a nice game for the Cavs tonight 14 points on 4-8 shooting from 3 and a +11 in the box in a blow out by the Knicks.