What's new

Las Vegas Summer League thread

What does this have to do with anything. The other day he had a good line, so what?

He's been very disappointing. He's supposed to be a shooter and offensive player, and he's struggled to score against mediocre competition. He's had maybe 2 decent games out of 7. It's questionable whether he looks like an NBA player at this point.

Yeah, I dont think Hughes has it. His handle just seems to weak. He will do a move that will look super smooth and then you kind of see it.

I hope that Jared Butler and Eric Paschall become significant players. Otherwise, the Jazz don't really have any young, up-and-coming players who will have much impact. We have a few fringe, situational players in Forrest, Udoka and maybe Brantley.

He's been very disappointing. He's supposed to be a shooter and offensive player, and he's struggled to score against mediocre competition. He's had maybe 2 decent games out of 7. It's questionable whether he looks like an NBA player at this point.
SL means nothing. I’ve seen future established nba players struggle, I’ve seen none nba caliber players dominate SL. you can’t just look at what he does in SL Personally he seems more like a guy that would thrive a lot more playing with teammates that know how to execute an offense. You can’t take a few SL game box scores at face value, good or bad. Let’s remember he looked pretty promising during preseason last year.

Even shooters have bad lines. Chill a little man.

I'm good moving on from Hughes, Brantley, Morgan, and even Oni for more interesting options. The thing with Hughes, Brantley and Oni is they are all on one year deals... so even if they come and and show they are okay, you wouldn't have them locked up for a year or two. If you can't find anything better then of course keep oni and Hughes (since he's guaranteed)... keep a roster spot open and save some dough.

He’s a very good defender and wouldn’t have the responsibility on the regular team as he does here. I think he’d have more room for an occasional probably rare drive and floater, and find better looks for 3 playing with better players and guys that know how to run an offense. It’s not like he’d see the floor ever and if he did, probably not mor than 10 min of spot up shooting with decent handles and good defense and hustle.

Agreed. Nice to see him improved from the **** show he was in SLC to the end of Vegas SL

Why would they sit, maybe Dok if they have plans to use him. Lol why do we need to save the bench warmers? Seems like a strange comment.

So dude, was I right or was I right? lol

I was so ready to see Elijah Hughes explode during summer league. The thing that disappointed me most was his inability to get shots off. Right now, his best role is as a release-valve shooter spotting up on the wing. I just don't know if the Jazz can rely on him knocking those shots down. Hughes' 3FG% came up to 36% in Las Vegas. He was under 30% in SLC.

I was so ready to see Elijah Hughes explode during summer league. The thing that disappointed me most was his inability to get shots off. Right now, his best role is as a release-valve shooter spotting up on the wing. I just don't know if the Jazz can rely on him knocking those shots down. Hughes' 3FG% came up to 36% in Las Vegas. He was under 30% in SLC.
His 3 point shooting has improved a bunch from his GLeague debacle in Orlando. I can see why Quin had no faith in him toward the end of last season. Today was not his finest hour.