What's new

Las Vegas Summer League thread

Brantley's athletic strength is lateral quickness combined with a muscular frame. He's hard to get by on defense and it's hard to dislodge him from his spot on defense.

Offensively his athletic ability is average. He has a quick first step, but every other step is slow and he can't explode to the rim. He's got solid touch though and he can use his body to score on some players, but will struggle against size/length. Shooting really is the swing skill for him because I don't think he's going to ever be a great finisher in traffic.

The shooting isnt looking great for him so far, but he's going to make the team based on defense and work ethic.

Another SL game where Udoka/Forrest (even in less than stellar games) are the most impactful players on the court.

But he's a very average athlete....

He's more of a physical body than an athlete. How many times have you seen Brantley beat anyone without a pump fake?

I don't want him on the roster to beat people off the dribble. We need someone with his physical body on defense.

To be honest not that impressed with any of the Jazz players. Some of them had moments but hey they won. What was Forrest doing at the end of the game. He was a turnover machine. Brantley is so so. I still wonder if he is an NBA player. Udoka was ok not bad but not great. Noticeable difference in the talent in Vegas than in SLC. Forrest disappointed me tonight. His shooting was off but he was making some plays but then at the end he just kept losing the ball. Why didn't Hughes play? I still think maybe the Jazz should keep looking for another NBA player to add the roster and let the G leaguers go. I know this sounds harsh and the Jazz won but guys need to step it up if they want a roster spot.

To be honest not that impressed with any of the Jazz players. Some of them had moments but hey they won. What was Forrest doing at the end of the game. He was a turnover machine. Brantley is so so. I still wonder if he is an NBA player. Udoka was ok not bad but not great. Noticeable difference in the talent in Vegas than in SLC. Forrest disappointed me tonight. His shooting was off but he was making some plays but then at the end he just kept losing the ball. Why didn't Hughes play? I still think maybe the Jazz should keep looking for another NBA player to add the roster and let the G leaguers go. I know this sounds harsh and the Jazz won but guys need to step it up if they want a roster spot.
Udoka was very good

The Richardson kid sucked. I wish Hughes was able to play because he needs to show that he is improving

Brantley's athletic strength is lateral quickness combined with a muscular frame. He's hard to get by on defense and it's hard to dislodge him from his spot on defense.

Offensively his athletic ability is average. He has a quick first step, but every other step is slow and he can't explode to the rim. He's got solid touch though and he can use his body to score on some players, but will struggle against size/length. Shooting really is the swing skill for him because I don't think he's going to ever be a great finisher in traffic.

The shooting isnt looking great for him so far, but he's going to make the team based on defense and work ethic.
Really really good post. Thats basically what im seeing with him. He needs to get his 3 ball to go in. Tonight he was 0-5 iirc.

What are the chances Doke supplants Whiteside as the backup?
25%. For all the hate on Whiteside… he’s very productive and has helped teams be better at times. He was solid his last year in Portland. The affect he has on winning doesn’t match the gawdy stats he puts up… as a backup he is solid. It’s more likely we go with Paschall and Gay imo than Udoka.