What's new

Life - official thread

I probably won't find myself nearly as funny around this time each night.
Maybe throw me a little pity chuckle here and there.

I quit drinking again.

Going to work harder and hunt way more treasure/artifacts.

I want to go 6 months and then maybe introduce only much smaller, less often, doses.

Prayer please (srsly). I suck at quitting.
Good luck! Quitting anything is so hard, but well worth the effort. At work I see so many lives destroyed by alcohol, and it is admirable to keep everything under control.

If I was a good friend, I'd give up chocolate in support. Luckily, I don't know you.

What is the Thank button for? Guess I thanked you for your post. Has that always been there?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using JazzFanz mobile app

Good luck! Quitting anything is so hard, but well worth the effort. At work I see so many lives destroyed by alcohol, and it is admirable to keep everything under control.

If I was a good friend, I'd give up chocolate in support. Luckily, I don't know you.

What is the Thank button for? Guess I thanked you for your post. Has that always been there?

Lol about the chocolate!

Thank button??

Yes, on the app. It's a heart next to the like button. Unlike the like button, I couldn't undo it.

Lol

And I would also like clarification about the thank button. Wtf is that?

I quit drinking again.

I want to go 6 months and then maybe introduce only much smaller, less often, doses.

It's so easy though bud. I quit in April... so it is 4.5 month now. Not missing it at all, love waking up in the morning and feeling fresh and well rested. My stamina in soccer and basketball is much better, gained 10lbs of muscle, just enjoying reaping benefits.

It's so easy though bud. I quit in April... so it is 4.5 month now. Not missing it at all, love waking up in the morning and feeling fresh and well rested. My stamina in soccer and basketball is much better, gained 10lbs of muscle, just enjoying reaping benefits.

The alcohol is easy peasy. It's the social aspect.
With what I do (work) I entertain A LOT.

I'm seriously considering a hiatus from marijuana. There will still be a list of other drugs I'll happily consume, so this isn't a journey toward sobriety (although I'll undoubtedly spend more hours sober as a result).

Last edited:
I quit drinking again.

I'm going on a self imposed "lent" starting yesterday. To enforce the start I'm backpacking 7 miles up the Escalante River Trail this weekend, through the narrows and to the sand island but not going all the way up.

I'm considering dragging the rugrats along but not sure they can make it, or if I can pack everything for 5.

534c5d1b22832e3819f9066b842b44f6.jpg

That last one looked funny.

Congrats bud. Always a burden release when they come out healthy. Both for them and the wife.

Congrats bud. Always a burden release when they come out healthy. Both for them and the wife.
Thanks. Yeah it's always good when things go well. This kid came out face up. I jokingly told my wife she came out and winked at me.
All of my kids have had issues with bilirubin. #3 spent a few days in the NICU under the super intense lights. Knowing the issues, we took some preventive measures plus we had this new one checked early (like less than12 hours old). The results came back that she was in the "low risk factor" range. We had her checked again at the normal time and got the same range, so we were told to just follow up with our pediatrician 48 hours later. So yesterday my wife took her down to the doctor to get checked again. She came back just a fraction below critical. She was literally just below the level of being admitted to the NICU. So my wife frantically tracked down a bilibed for the baby to lay in. I'm currrntly at work with my five year old awaiting the results of today's test.

The alcohol is easy peasy. It's the social aspect.
With what I do (work) I entertain A LOT.

Yeah I know what you mean. My soccer team stopped asking me to go for beers after games... they think I am crazy now. Beer especially is such a social drink.

Thanks. Yeah it's always good when things go well. This kid came out face up. I jokingly told my wife she came out and winked at me.
All of my kids have had issues with bilirubin. #3 spent a few days in the NICU under the super intense lights. Knowing the issues, we took some preventive measures plus we had this new one checked early (like less than12 hours old). The results came back that she was in the "low risk factor" range. We had her checked again at the normal time and got the same range, so we were told to just follow up with our pediatrician 48 hours later. So yesterday my wife took her down to the doctor to get checked again. She came back just a fraction below critical. She was literally just below the level of being admitted to the NICU. So my wife frantically tracked down a bilibed for the baby to lay in. I'm currrntly at work with my five year old awaiting the results of today's test.

Good luck, brotha. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Good luck, brotha. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
I truly appreciate that. The number was better today. She's down on the low/intermediate risk. The doctor wants her on the lights one more day and retest tomorrow. That's basically what we were expecting. I would guess she'll be cleared tomorrow morning.

I quit drinking again.

I would imagine you do quite a bit of drinking socially due to the type of work that you do, the people you meet, etc?

When I was working in one of the big 4 accounting firm there were lots of drinking socially, after work drinks, going out with workmates, boss shouting us drinks after a big milestone, meeting clients, etc. And, there was this 1 ED who I worked with quite closely, he doesn't drink due to religious reasons, and he would have 1 'go to drink' (non-alcoholic) that he would order when everyone else order a Stella or a Heineken. No harm done, once he's ordered and served that drink it became a non-issue.

So I think you should come up with a 'go to drink' (non-alcoholic) that you can order when you go out socially, so you don't always feel tempted to order what everyone else is ordering..... I dunno, just a thought.... :)