What's new

Looking for name ideas - exhausted

These posts damn! I wish I was smart like u. So much good. How about Cortez Canyons on The Confluence or Convergence? You know there is a lot of Spanish gold buried in S Utah? It is a nice play on both area and history. I bet nobody mentioned CONFLUENCE yet. Confluence Country Ranches in??? Help me out.

I rezd yah loud and clear. Repped with my usual Personal Best award comment.

A man's reach should exceed his grasp. Reach for the stars, bro.

Best yet

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

You might think you're making a mockery of it, but you're wrong. Dead wrong. There is a huge untapped market for vacation spots that serve the gender-identify groups. They are probably the most affluent demographic you could define in under three words.

Dr. Jones just has to find the correctly nuanced name to signal it without rousing the rednecks, so to speak.

Salt Lake has some interesting little redoubts, like Red Butte Gardens, Red Butte Canyon, and such. And in that location there is the most fantastic Red Butte in the state, in the nation, just north of Ivins. Oh about four miles from Joneses'.

Not long ago, I pulled off the freeway at Black Rock, only about eight miles south of Joneses'. After about five cars pulled up with single old men smiling at me, I realized this was a designated meetup spot an d I just didn't belong there.

Red Butte Ranch.

In 1965, just before dawn, I was up on the west mountain deer hunting, and saw this comet:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_Ikeya–Seki

Bright Dawn. Camp Comet. Bright Point.

150 acres, even done in luxury, isn't going to change the world exactly. British understatement principle. The reality makes the case.

I like Bright Point the best. Positive words, no hype.

[MENTION=430]Dr. Jones[/MENTION] what about a play on frontier and country? I know I know it is over played but still. Frontier Estates at Castle Country. Okay that sounds gay. Frontier Fairgrounds in Canyon Escape. Nope still ghey. Castle County Estates on the Frontier. Ghey ghey ghey. Castle Mountain on The Liftoff? Castle Marbles at the Setoff/gateway/edges/confluence?

The Badlands on Sand Country Escape?

I love the name badlands for SU like Bryce Canyon n stuff. Badland Confluence @... if yer market is out of towners lookin to ride UTV's?

I think we have a winner. The Badlands smth smth.

Every word I think of seems well used - chalet, retreat, haven, cottage, adventures. I do like "The Edge" part.

So I've got nothing. Thanks for playing, JazzGal.

Why do I have a feeling that this seems more like the dude's bragging and less like he actually gives a **** about what strangers on a Jazz forum names his property? You're telling me all those acres of land and stable of marketers and you turn to this website for answers? If I see signs for the Fart Knocker Ridge I expect a check every month until I die.

Why do I have a feeling that this seems more like the dude's bragging and less like he actually gives a **** about what strangers on a Jazz forum names his property? You're telling me all those acres of land and stable of marketers and you turn to this website for answers? If I see signs for the Fart Knocker Ridge I expect a check every month until I die.

You have a very "get off my lawn" feel to your posts.
Are you a bitter guy?

Anyway, I have personally met dozens of people on this forum and have a great deal of respect for them as people and Utahans. This thread was/is sincere and I feel I have gotten some very good feedback.

Don't you have to pretty much slap a Chinesey name on your resort at this point? It just makes business sense. Been to Vegas lately? Been to Hoover Dam lately? Been to any of these national parks lately? The finest loogie hockers the world has ever seen are taking over the real national parks. Americans are all going to be on their couches plugged into a VR machine virtually walking through national parks here soon enough. Virtually riding 4 wheelers. Bragging about their trips through virtual Yosemite on Facebook. Posting pictures of them and their virtual girlfriends hanging out at the virtual wateralls falls on Instagram. Real national parks are too dangerous. You could get hurt. And you have to use your legs. A bear might growl something racist at you. Mountain Lions are trans phobic. Bald Eagles hate Muslims. Mules hate women. Taking scenic hikes is white privilege. Farting outdoors contributes to global warming etc. etc. Who wants to be around that kind of stuff?

Last edited:
Don't you have to pretty much slap a Chinesey name on your resort at this point? It just makes business sense. Been to Vegas lately? Been to Hoover Dam lately? Been to any of these national parks lately? The finest loogie hockers the world has ever seen are taking over the real national parks. Americans are all going to be on their couches plugged into a VR machine virtually walking through national parks here soon enough. Virtually riding 4 wheelers. Bragging about their trips through virtual Yosemite on Facebook. Posting pictures of them and their virtual girlfriends hanging out at the virtual wateralls falls on Instagram. Real national parks are too dangerous. You could get hurt. And you have to use your legs. A bear might growl something racist at you. Mountain Lions are trans phobic. Bald Eagles hate Muslims. Mules hate women. Taking scenic hikes is white privilege. Farting outdoors contributes to global warming etc. etc. Who wants to be around that kind of stuff?
I liked this post.
Would read again

[MENTION=430]Dr. Jones[/MENTION] what about a play on frontier and country? I know I know it is over played but still. Frontier Estates at Castle Country. Okay that sounds gay. Frontier Fairgrounds in Canyon Escape. Nope still ghey. Castle County Estates on the Frontier. Ghey ghey ghey. Castle Mountain on The Liftoff? Castle Marbles at the Setoff/gateway/edges/confluence?

In Utah, "Castle" anything would mean Price, Utah. . . not St. George.

I think just throwing all kinds of names up might find one that people will notice.

This spot is geologically significant. Utah Hill, or the Beaver Dam Mountains, is a nice little piece of the Basin and Range block faulting province. The Colorado Plateau is what is east of the Basin and Range. A few spots west of the general demarcation have some elements of the Colorado Plateau, which was when it's prominent and distinctive sedimentary deposits were laid down, a basin. So those isolated areas west of the line probably were also low-lying spots compared to the great Seveir Uplift, and ancient mountain province believed to have been as high, or higher than the Himalayas,

The great tectonic forces reversed themselves, after a lot of erosion, and the Colorado lowland was uplifted to the plateau it is today. There has been a lot of water go under the Dixie area, and the thousands of feet of salt that were once there somewhat dissolved away, resulting in a huge sink hole the size of Washington County, which has made Utah's Dixie a nice warm little valley a lot of snowbirds prefer. It was, technically, a part of the Colorado Plateau, but the main line of demarcation actually shifted eastward to Hurricane

Moapa Valley to the southwest is another interesting place, with the Valley of Fire formation.