What's new

Make Our Own "Big 3" Now

LoPo

If we stay with what we have, and we disappoint this postseason, we might be facing a teardown. There was talk after last postseason that if this season fails that we will have a major shakeup.

We have never had a "big 3" in Utah, and there are two great "Third Option" or "#3" guys available. We should be concentrating our efforts on entertaining all of our current trade assets (Bojan, Clarkson, Butler, Gay and even Conley and Joe's expiring) to get one . Rudy and Don are strong centerpieces, but we need a great two way player to go with those 2. Some of our assets have more value right now than they would in the summer, and these two guys fit the bill.

Jerami Grant
- being shopped by Detroit
- 27 years old
- great two way player
- fair contract and contract expectations (wants 4 year $100 extension this summer)

John Collins
- being shopped by Atlanta
- 24 years old
- great offensive player and rebounder, solid defender
- signed long term to a long term deal that never exceeds $27 million

If we get one of these guys, I don't think a disappointing end to this postseason will lead to a teardown. There could still be hope on the horizon. We could be a couple moves away from adding the necessary pieces around a Big 3 instead of just Rudy and Don.

Hell, some combination of House and Paschall could be a key cog. The Bryon Russell of the group. We could have a few pieces right under our nose. Time for a shakeup. I would take either one of those guys and be happy.

Both Grant and Collins are good but not good enough to be considered part of some "big 3", not that caliber of players. That said I would like one of them on our team, would definitely help.
Neither guy would be as good as Don or Rudy, but both would fantastic 3rd options. Collins was arguably the 2nd best player on a team that just made it to the Eastern Conference Finals. Grant is a dynamic to way player.

Both Grant and Collins are good but not good enough to be considered part of some "big 3", not that caliber of players. That said I would like one of them on our team, would definitely help.
Dudes who have never made an All-Star team, All-NBA team, or All-Defensive team are now good enough to be considered a big 3 according to Lopo lmao.

I'm not going to get baited into an argument with you.

This thread is about a view into the next 3-5 years, and being realistic about the contributions in both the regular season and postseason for those years.
Conley is better. We wont have Mitchell 4 years from now.

Yeah, because he has missed some playoff games that means he is terrible and will always miss playoff games.

You're delusional when it comes to Conley. Hating *** bish.
I'm realistic. Look it up. We have had two playoff go arounds with Conley. The results have been exactly the same - he misses games and even when he plays it doesn't really matter.

He's a good player, but not in the areas that we need most.

Yeah, because he has missed some playoff games that means he is terrible and will always miss playoff games.

You're delusional when it comes to Conley. Hating *** bish.
But back to this discussion - who is that playoff team willing to take Harris?

As Judge Smails would say, we're waiting....

I'm realistic. Look it up. We have had two playoff go arounds with Conley. The results have been exactly the same - he misses games and even when he plays it doesn't really matter.

He's a good player, but not in the areas that we need most.
Yeah, Conley has only had a 6+ BPM the last two years in the playoffs. He must really suck and not be good enough.

But back to this discussion - who is that playoff team willing to take Harris?

As Judge Smails would say, we're waiting....
How the hell should I know?

Harris a very good player who plays a position a lot of teams need. It could be Memphis, it could be Minnesota, it could be Milwaukee, it could be any number of teams. I am not these teams, I do not know, but to act like Harris isnt an asset that can help a team win is you just being ignorant.

How the hell should I know?

Harris a very good player who plays a position a lot of teams need. It could be Memphis, it could be Minnesota, it could be Milwaukee, it could be any number of teams. I am not these teams, I do not know, but to act like Harris isnt an asset that can help a team win is you just being ignorant.
So you mock me for being a "genius" because a 3rd team could take Harris then you play the "how the hell should I know" card?

Of course you don't know because you took a shot without thinking about if your shot made any freaking sense. Instead of trying to burn somebody, come up with a solution. Case in point why you are such a negative on this forum. Stick to the issues don't create more of them.

So you mock me for being a "genius" because a 3rd team could take Harris then you play the "how the hell should I know" card?

Of course you don't know because you took a shot without thinking about if your shot made any freaking sense. Instead of trying to burn somebody, come up with a solution. Case in point why you are such a negative on this forum. Stick to the issues don't create more of them.
So it makes no sense that a team would want Tobias Harris.

Teams do not want 6'9 players who can dribble/shoot/pass and play reasonable defense? This is news to me.

So it makes no sense that a team would want Tobias Harris.

Teams do not want 6'9 players who can dribble/shoot/pass and play reasonable defense? This is news to me.
NOT AT HIS NUMBER

Just take a look at these teams and their numbers and tell me who is taking Tobias Harris without wanting more back in the deal? Oh, and Philly and/or Utah also has to absorb what they send out.