What's new

Make Our Own "Big 3" Now

I don’t think Grant would make a “big 3”. I assume he has reached his peak. Collins might as he still has the ability to improve.

All advance metrics suggest Collins being the clear better player than Bogey.
Collins is certainly better all-around, but Bogey is the far superior offensive player. It's an eye of the beholder/team needs thing. Either way, John Collins is not a guy who can be considered a "Big 3".

I don’t believe having a “big 3” will work with Quins system. In my observation the players that become stars are too headstrong for a well designed system and tend to think their way is better. When the cog doesn’t fit the system doesn’t work. I believe that now we need to adapt to the talent that we have on our roster rather than trading or firing anyone. Egos have spawned.
The system needs to be altered, some roles must change. Our talent is unique, however eyes must be opened to how they can be more effective rather than being forced to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Any number of teams. He's not untradeable in the slightest.
That's not the point Cy. Everybody is tradeable.

You said a playoff team would love him. Sure they would, if they would have to be given something to take him due to his contract. We don't have the assets to burn to get Simmons AND help somebody take Harris.

That was the point and you know it. Keep on the topic and stop changing the narrative.

That's not the point Cy. Everybody is tradeable.

You said a playoff team would love him. Sure they would, if they would have to be given something to take him due to his contract. We don't have the assets to burn to get Simmons AND help somebody take Harris.

That was the point and you know it. Keep on the topic and stop changing the narrative.
No they wouldnt lmfao.

Harris is still a very good player. Yes, no ****, he is overpaid. Just because someone is overpaid doesnt mean they are a negative asset.

There are still plenty of teams who would take Harris if all they have to give up is matching salary and a late first. The Mavericks, for instance, have no feasible way to add talent to their roster. They won't have cap-space for years. They don't have good draft assets. They don't have good young players.

Are they a good trade partner? I have no idea. Im not going to run through every team's future cap scenarios/draft picks/etc to make dumb *** trades up. The point is that it's possible and could be something the Jazz, or another team, could look into.

No they wouldnt lmfao.

Harris is still a very good player. Yes, no ****, he is overpaid. Just because someone is overpaid doesnt mean they are a negative asset.

There are still plenty of teams who would take Harris if all they have to give up is matching salary and a late first. The Mavericks, for instance, have no feasible way to add talent to their roster. They won't have cap-space for years. They don't have good draft assets. They don't have good young players.

Are they a good trade partner? I have no idea. Im not going to run through every team's future cap scenarios/draft picks/etc to make dumb *** trades up. The point is that it's possible and could be something the Jazz, or another team, could look into.
Oh my gosh you just argue to argue.

Of course every team would add Harris if they could for nothing. You said a playoff team would love Harris. I said show me the team who could make it happen.

Now you're changing the subject. This is a freaking trade idea thread, so the ideas have to have a financial core or they can't work. Saying "a playoff team would love Harris." No ****. What a stupid comment.

Add substance Cy. Add substance.

Oh my gosh you just argue to argue.

Of course every team would add Harris if they could for nothing. You said a playoff team would love Harris. I said show me the team who could make it happen.

Now you're changing the subject. This is a freaking trade idea thread, so the ideas have to have a financial core or they can't work. Saying "a playoff team would love Harris." No ****. What a stupid comment.

Add substance Cy. Add substance.
Bruh, you inventing a million dumb *** trades isnt substance, or it's as much substance as saying "a 3rd team could be involved to take Harris".

And I literally just told you a team.

Bruh, you inventing a million dumb *** trades isnt substance, or it's as much substance as saying "a 3rd team could be involved to take Harris".

And I literally just told you a team.
Every single trade I ever propose is based in financial reality. If the math doesn't add up, it doesn't matter if the teams want it or not.

The Mavericks will ask for something more in the trade for taking Harris because they will lose valuable players getting him due to his contract. So no, you didn't provide a team that fits the conversation of wanting Harris enough so that we don't send even more assets their way for taking him.

The only reason for standing pat is under the belief that this team can win a championship this year. That’s a pretty crazy assumption from where we are right now.

The argument for re-tooling is that we’re this far and let’s see if we can prepare to get to the end of Donovan’s contract and position yourself to catch some luck along the way.

I think seeing if we can win a ring right now is as much a waste of time as seeing if swapping out our really good 30-something year old guys (or Clarkson, or Royce), for really good 20-something year-olds can. If we can make a swap occur, then I think it’s smart if the Jazz don’t have to send out more of THEIR 1sts. You can at least hope to trade some of these players later if you end up wanting to rebuild.

TLDR; We’re heading to a dead-end with the roster as presently constituted.

Last edited:
The only reason for standing pat is under the belief that this team can win a championship this year. That’s a pretty crazy assumption from where we are right now.

The argument for re-tooling is that we’re this far and let’s see if we can prepare to get to the end of Donovan’s contract and position yourself to catch some luck along the way.

I think seeing if we can win a ring right now is as much a waste of time as seeing if swapping out our really good 30-something year old guys (or Clarkson, or Royce), for really good 20-something year-old can. If we can make a swap occur, then I think it’s smart if the Jazz don’t have to send out more of THEIR 1sts. You can at least hope to trade some of these players later if you end up wanting to rebuild.

TLDR; We’re heading to a dead-end with the roster as presently constituted.
This is exactly the mindset I'm using. Let's retool now so we don't have to rebuild in the summer.

Conley and Bojan have good value right now. Clarkson still has value too just not as much as the summer. If any of them are needed for a trade for a good younger guy locked in for years, let's do it.

This is exactly the mindset I'm using. Let's retool now so we don't have to rebuild in the summer.

Conley and Bojan have good value right now. Clarkson still has value too just not as much as the summer. If any of them are needed for a trade for a good younger guy locked in for years, let's do it.
None of this is to say that it's all up to the Jazz and they have what they need to make such a pivot that satisfies all of the major conditions. But I think the basics of Conley, Bojan, and some tertiary assets if necessary (Hassan? Butler? a 2069 2nd?) for Smart and Collins (and stuff, maybe) could really work. Dropping some protections on the OKC/Favors pick to get Kenny Hustle (and taking him into the TPE) would be the cherry on top.

That's a lot of moving parts, but I have heard a million worse or more unrealistic ideas. Jazz keep what 1sts they still have, could probably flip Smart and Collins later if/when the time comes to nuke the build.

Last edited: