What's new

Make Our Own "Big 3" Now

I don't feel we need a big 3 but we need a massive upgrade from the worst starter in the NBA "Royce" who is the epitome of nothingness. Outside of mediocre defense every few games he is below average at everything else.

Now it'd be unfair to lay blame on him entirely but his worthlessness would be a good starting point.

What? Please expound. Because the west has been competitive as **** for like 15 years now. If anything, it’s less competitive now and a bit more wide open and the East has surged.
I’m not sure I explained myself correctly. By saying the West is more competitive now than it has been in the past I meant there is a wider pool of teams that are capable of making it to the NBA finals.

Until last year, you pretty much could pencil in the Finals at the beginning of the season (Warriors/Cavs, Warriors/Cavs…) From 2006-2020 five western conference teams made it to the NBA Finals. Warriors five times, Lakers 4, Spurs 3, Dallas twice and OKC once.

Most years there have been one or two teams that have a chance and there are rarely upsets. As a die hard Jazz fan I’d like to think 2008 Jazz team had a chance, or if George Hill hadn’t gotten injured that team had a chance. But it’s not true. The NBA is a league of dominant teams that win 7 game series year after year (Celtics, Lakers, Pistons, Bulls, Spurs, Lakers, LeBron’s team, Warriors)

I think that has changed. And the exciting part is that I don’t think it’s because teams have gotten worse. There are some really good teams in the NBA right now and it’s very competitive. Unfortunately injuries and COVID are getting in the way.

(Last year more than this year…)

I think without injuries the Suns, Warriors, Clippers, Nuggets, and Jazz had a legit chance at going to finals. Memphis could be there in a year and you never know what Lakers will pull off at the trade deadline. Somehow the Mavericks and Blazers imploded this year but they were pretty dang good last year (I haven’t really payed attention to them.) I can’t remember ever seeing so many good teams in the West.