What's new

Game Thread Mar 29, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Cavaliers

Added to Calendar: 03-29-21

Cuz of a shot at championship? Plus mins isn't exactly rich on the spurs with poeltl manning the middle. Pop also tends to go small. He won't get more than 20min a game in San Antonio
He’d get like 0 minutes here unless there was an injury... he will get like 15 guaranteed in SA. The bigger question is why didn’t a good team go after him. I think he’s pretty helpful.

Cuz of a shot at championship? Plus mins isn't exactly rich on the spurs with poeltl manning the middle. Pop also tends to go small. He won't get more than 20min a game in San Antonio
20 minutes a lot more than 0. Getting 0 minutes on a championship team still gets you a minimum contract the next year. Playing well as a backup for a playoff team can get you a multi-year deal.

He’d get like 0 minutes here unless there was an injury... he will get like 15 guaranteed in SA. The bigger question is why didn’t a good team go after him. I think he’s pretty helpful.
He can take backup centers minutes on days when Favs back isn't feeling well. After all, we went out of our way to grab Ersan with the intent of playing him as our center insurance. But I can certainly see Dieng wanting a bigger role.

And I'm kinda surprised myself to see him not receiving offers from a better team. Thought he could be a decent long term replacement for Brook Lopez in Milwaukee. As long as he doesn't go to one of the contenders it's not a bad news for us.

Sometimes the NBA floor gets so spaced out that it's almost impossible even for good defensive players to play defense. You may as well have a bunch of George Niangs and Matt Thomases pass the ball around the perimeter.

Rudy creeping his way back to his career average on FT%. Thought he was gonna go full Shaq in the start of the season
Ya he is basically shooting free throws better than at any point is his career this season...... If you take out the horrendous start
I bet he is above 70 percent if you don't count the first 10 games or so.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

He can take backup centers minutes on days when Favs back isn't feeling well. After all, we went out of our way to grab Ersan with the intent of playing him as our center insurance. But I can certainly see Dieng wanting a bigger role.

And I'm kinda surprised myself to see him not receiving offers from a better team. Thought he could be a decent long term replacement for Brook Lopez in Milwaukee. As long as he doesn't go to one of the contenders it's not a bad news for us.
Well I’m pretty sure he wants to play so he can increase his value when looking for a new deal so part time work isn’t a great pitch.