What's new

Marvin Williams out until December

Honestly I'm just worried what dominos this may push as far as bringing back Paul or Al vs. what was setting up to being us bringing back neither.

Except Marvin was never really used as a big. He started at SF.
This might mean the Jazz will be more likely to re-sign Foye to a 1-yr deal since Hayward will now have to play most of his minutes at SF. Or (I hope) it means the Jazz make sure Carroll comes back. I'd like to see a 3-man rotation of Burks, Carroll and Hayward at the 2/3. Pile up those losses early, so when a couple of teams have to dump good players at the deadline, we're too far out of the playoff picture to make a late push.

What the hell did he do to rupture a damn Achilles tendon.. in the offseason!?

Maybe he was practicing, HARD.

The "Not so Marvelous" Marvin, everybody.

Hopefully this pushes Jazz management to resign DeMarre to a reasonable deal, something along the lines of 3 years/$10 million. Given our current roster, our oldest player available for opening day would be Jeremy Evans. That's pretty crazy.

What the hell did he do to rupture a damn Achilles tendon.. in the offseason!?

Maybe he was practicing, HARD.

The "Not so Marvelous" Marvin, everybody.
I think it was something that he tried to play through last season and then was advised to let it rest. Obviously, that didn't improve the injury and he decided to go with surgery. It's not uncommon for doctors to advise rest first vs immediate surgery...I believe that was Enes' option as well with his shoulder.

I did this (right side also) two days ago. Surgery Monday.

This means Foye will be back, too. Damn! I'm only okey with it if he gets around 15 mpg off the bench and gets a role behind Burks.

I think this seals it, as if there was any doubt. Al, & Milsap are gone, and we are heading into tank mode.

3 rookies, core 4, Evans, that Mcneal dude, Tinsley, Carrol, 1 salary dump +1 rookie, and Injured marvin makes 14 players. See what you can do with 'em Ty.

Time to start Evans.

Last edited: