What's new

Marvin Williams out until December

Losing Marvin could also change draft strategy.

Dennis lindsey on 1280 said "No, not really".

Also he said Marvin could be back sooner, but the Jazz wanted to release a latter date so that Marvin felt like he could take the time he needed without extra pressure.

Highly doubt this changes much of anything strategy wise for the jazz. Maybe, just maybe changes the second round draft strategy, but I really doubt that. The jazz are probably not going to draft to replace the marvster. Maybe we sign an extra wing, but then again, maybe Jeremy just takes over Marvin's role as bench forward.

I don't find this to be bad news at all. Regardless of wins or losses, its one less terrible player I don't have to watch the Jazz shove down my throat next season. Jeremy Evans is a hundred times better than Marvin. I hope he starts.

Give me this line up ↓ all next season and I would be happy. I don't care if they win or lose

Burks
Hayward
Evans
Kanter
Favors

Some of you think Jeremy Evans sucks. Well I don't care what your fat ugly faces say, Jeremy balls. I Love Jeremy Evens

I don't find this to be bad news at all. Regardless of wins or losses, its one less terrible player I don't have to watch the Jazz shove down my throat next season. Jeremy Evans is a hundred times better than Marvin. I hope he starts.

Give me this line up ↓ all next season and I would be happy. I don't care if they win or lose

Burks
Hayward
Evans
Kanter
Favors

Some of you think Jeremy Evans sucks. Well I don't care what your fat ugly faces say, Jeremy balls. I Love Jeremy Evens

Every time Jeremy gets to play real minutes he contributes. He blocks, steals & disrupts. More of that can't be bad.

Burks
Hayward
Evans
Kanter
Favors

I'm with ya hack

This. Changes. Nothing.

posted from my htc one using tapaBONGO

I blame you UGLI....

Your threads led us astray....

We all thought MW was going to magically turn into this "Wet Bandit" and take the jazz to the promise land!!!!

Well... I don't know who we will replace him with. Maybe Richard Jefferson? T-Mac? AK47? Ron artest? Perhaps tayshawn Prince?

All I know is that it better be a vet. Can't have any of the c4 starting next year. If last year proved anything it's that the c4 sucks and isn't ready yet. We need more vets......

Losing Marvin could also change draft strategy.

Could. I think there's a more likely chance that it most definitely will.

This is the real value of his injury. It completely changes our strategy. If bazz is still available at 14, it basically guarantees that the jazz will draft him.

Well... I don't know who we will replace him with. Maybe Richard Jefferson? T-Mac? AK47? Ron artest? Perhaps tayshawn Prince?

All I know is that it better be a vet. Can't have any of the c4 starting next year. If last year proved anything it's that the c4 sucks and isn't ready yet. We need more vets......

I'd take on Richard Jefferson and GS 2014 1rst pick!!

The silver lining in Marvin picking up his option regardless is that it puts us on the book for that 7 mill, so we will be much less inclined to go sign a replacement journeyman SF player because that money is already occupied. Instead we'll have to work with what we have, which means more minutes for Burks and Haywards at a minimum

Honestly I'm just worried what dominos this may push as far as bringing back Paul or Al vs. what was setting up to being us bringing back neither.

I seriously hope we bring PIMPSLAP back.

You cant judge millsap on the past 2 years.

how would you feel playing 90% of your minutes next to fat lazy fatterson

One thing I am grateful to Marvin for is he proved without doubt to Ty that there are times when the young players should start over the vets. Now let's hope that when Marvin gets better he will improve his contribution to the team.....on the bench.

Burks
Hayward
Evans
Kanter
Favors

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?15546-2014-15-starting-5&p=531696&viewfull=1#post531696

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php?15546-2014-15-starting-5&p=531741&viewfull=1#post531741

If we re-sign Big Al because Marvin Williams is hurt, then we will really know how ****ing retarded management is.

What's ****ing retarded was giving up expiring contract for him in the first place, when we already had a much younger and already better player in Hayward playing the same exact position. Talk about complete and total idiocy: taking on additional 8 mil of salary in the year when we are actually under the CAP and limit the opportunity of already superior young guy in favor of a scrub at the same time. Now, that's ****ing retarded. The fact Marvin will actually waste 8 mil by not playing next year is actually a good thing: at least he will not waste Hayward's playing time, like he did last year.