What's new

Marvin Williams out until December

You would think. It does make you wonder if the scouting dept ever watches players after they are drafted, besides when they play us. I'm calling into question why the trade was ever made. 2 years of Marvin. He may not have been the worst player in the league last year, but he was probably the worst player getting decent minutes. They could have just asked me, I watched parts of games he played in with Atlanta and I could have told you he was NOT worth 8Mil. or anything close.

We are going to miss his defense

but not his lack of offense.... dude has underachived his whole career. Hell he couldnt even tear his Achilles the whole way though. He did it half ask just like he always has done. Never gives it his all. lazy turd

Good grief!
How many athletes have ruptured their achilles this off season?
Seems like an epidemic.
Does someone need to monitor their activity to prevent serious injuries during the off seasons?

This is great for our tank. We'll be paying him $8 million, yes? That helps us reach the cap basement (or whatever you call it) without actually putting a body on the court.

If it leads to the re-signing of Foye, so be it. He'll only help the tank.

Except Marvin was never really used as a big. He started at SF.
This might mean the Jazz will be more likely to re-sign Foye to a 1-yr deal since Hayward will now have to play most of his minutes at SF. Or (I hope) it means the Jazz make sure Carroll comes back. I'd like to see a 3-man rotation of Burks, Carroll and Hayward at the 2/3. Pile up those losses early, so when a couple of teams have to dump good players at the deadline, we're too far out of the playoff picture to make a late push.

So why do you think playing Burks, Carroll and Hayward at the 2/3 will lead to piling up losses? I'm of the opinion that we are just a point guard away from a 50-win season.

Which minimizes the potential for Ty screw-ups. I say again, we are a point-guard away from a 50-win season.

I'd say we're a point guard and a couple of solid bench players away from a 50-win season. You can't play these guys 48 minutes all season long. Plus injuries come up during the year. You need at least 7-8 solid players.

I'd say we're a point guard and a couple of solid bench players away from a 50-win season. You can't play these guys 48 minutes all season long. Plus injuries come up during the year. You need at least 7-8 solid players.

Getting closer!!