What's new

Max Out Matthews?

Sad for Wes too, seems like a good guy and he probably just cost himself 40+ mill.

I would offer him a 6 million over 2 year contract. I have no idea what the precedent is for getting a contract with this injury while still being in your prime is. Not sure if that is underpaying.

Damn

I feel bad for Mathews.

Guarantee he just lost a lot of money.

So much for this idea.

He can probably return and still be a great 3pt shooter though. I just don't see him retaining his defensive ability. He will be like Raja Bell.

Could be a valuable guy off the bench for the right price. Philly probably makes a run at him. They'll have a ton of space just to get to the salary FLOOR. If he recovers, they have a great trade chip. If he doesn't, not a big deal for them. They have to spend the money anyway (or give it out in bonuses). If I were Hinkie, this is a no-brainer this summer.

I would offer him a 6 million over 2 year contract. I have no idea what the precedent is for getting a contract with this injury while still being in your prime is. Not sure if that is underpaying.

I think somebody would give him 4x6-7M with team option for the last one. I wonder if the risk is worth it. Past next year 7M would be about 8% of the salary cap. It's not a killer contract and if he returns to anything close to his level pre-injury he'd be a bargain.

Bulls

Maybe.
True. Remember how good Brandon Roy was though? Washed as good as james harden? Or am I just misremembering? And oden would have been awesome, but sadly he is now most famous for dick pics and beating his girlfriend.

But rose could have been a multiple mvp. Sucks.

True. Remember how good Brandon Roy was though? Washed as good as james harden? Or am I just misremembering? And oden would have been awesome, but sadly he is now most famous for dick pics and beating his girlfriend.

Well Oden and Roy were both injury prone before being drafted to Portland, so it's not like there is bad juju, they just drafted player's with medical red flags (especially in Oden's case).

I think somebody would give him 4x6-7M with team option for the last one. I wonder if the risk is worth it. Past next year 7M would be about 8% of the salary cap. It's not a killer contract and if he returns to anything close to his level pre-injury he'd be a bargain.

Maybe, but would he prefer a short contract (2 years would make him a FA with the cap increase) so he can prove himself and set himself up for his last big long-term contract?

Brandon Roy was filthy. Smooth athlete and could do everything. Better passer than harden.. Harden a better scorer but similar in that he was basically the pg but was the sg.

Is there a more unlucky team to play for injury wise than portland?

Philadelphia. Their guys get hurt before they're even drafted. :D

But yeah, Portland and Chicago seem to be the hardest hit. Sucks for Matthews, but not sorry for Allen. The way he's treated his GM's is despicable. Whatever grief comes his way he more than deserves...in spades!

I'd offer him 4 years and 28M... Fourth year is team option. If he works out we should get the last 2 years as a reward for taking on the risk. He won't be good next year... He might be back to normal the following year.

He'd have to go through a thorough physical before I signed him though.

I'd offer him 4 years and 28M... Fourth year is team option. If he works out we should get the last 2 years as a reward for taking on the risk. He won't be good next year... He might be back to normal the following year.

He'd have to go through a thorough physical before I signed him though.
Well, he won't pass the physical. What else you looking for outside of the Achilles?

Well Oden and Roy were both injury prone before being drafted to Portland, so it's not like there is bad juju, they just drafted player's with medical red flags (especially in Oden's case).
Roy was? I didn't know that. Did he miss any games in college?

Roy was? I didn't know that. Did he miss any games in college?

Roy is in a similar situation as Hassan Adams in that he’s a physically superior wing with a perimeter game that is still a work in progress. He also has been forced to wait for more accomplished teammates to move on, and has suffered a few injury setbacks. Barring another injury, Roy should be Lorenzo Romar’s new star. He has the athleticism, length, developed body, and slashing ability to break out. The area to keep an eye on with Roy is his suspect outside shot. If he can improve his perimeter shooting, and as long as the red flags on his knee don’t turn too many GMs away, a first round selection could be awaiting him this June.

From DraftExpress.com https://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz3TaNlT2dG
https://www.draftexpress.com