What's new

Max Out Matthews?

Well, he won't pass the physical. What else you looking for outside of the Achilles?

I'm looking to see how bad the injury is and how successful the surgery and recovery has been up to that point... He doesn't have to pass the physical but I'd sure as hell do my due diligence.

Harden was better at everything than Roy other than a midrange jump shot.

Roy was a better passer and defender. He didn't have the usage rate harden has so he didn't pile up as many stats.

I think mods call kill this thread. 6-9 months before he's back to playing competitively. Even with that timetable, there's a chance he's back for the start of next season, but I see a December return more likely.

I still think this thread is relevant... possibly even more so now. I'd still want him. Dude is an amazing worker. If anyone can get back it'll be him. Even if he is an okay defender and gets his shot back he'd still be great to have. By all accounts he's a great teammate and would be a great mentor to our young guys. He wouldn't contribute much next year though. This is kind of a 2 year injury.

Just remember Memo was really never the same after he tore his. I know modern medical technology has improved things but this is a truly awful injury for a BBall player.

Just remember Memo was really never the same after he tore his. I know modern medical technology has improved things but this is a truly awful injury for a BBall player.

While true this injury can destroy a career, Memo was a little different. Think he was a little older and obviously bigger. I don't think he was particularly interested in doing the work to get back. Wessy Wes still has that fire.

No. Roy deffinetly was never a better passer

Okay... I guess I just don't think of Harden as a great passer. At very least they are probably close as passers. Not that its important at all. Go get the hobbled Wessy Wes!!!!

No need to take a chance with so much money on a player that may or may not be the same after the injury.
I say DL doesn't take that chance, we can't afford to miss.

Wes will be back. I'd sign him if it was a multiple year deal. He will not be full strength next year... might not even contribute much. He is the kind of player and person this team needs. If it failed on court he would still be a great value to have working with the young guys.

Memo was old and fat at that point though. I think Wes will bounce back just fine.

Besides Nique, who has recovered from an Achilles injury and done well?
Anyone recently? Also, Nique was not the same and started launching 3's much more than before the injury.

I am really curious if anybody in the last 5 years has had that injury and done well after.
Are surgeries and rehab techniques enough better that we can reasonably expect Wes to be even close to his same form after?