What's new

Game Thread May 29, 2021 07:30PM MT: Jazz at Grizzlies - Game 3

Added to Calendar: 05-29-21

So they played “Whoop that trick” and the crowd all sang along and I saw a few journalists talking about how awesome it was... so we are cool with the crowd singing about beating women? Like that’s cool? Maybe next game we could sing “beat that tard”.

Just thought it was strange in a league that is super concerned with equality.
They are super concerned about certain kinds of equality. It's still fully fueled by a sludge of toxic masculinity.

Phew

what a relief.

I don’t know about the rest of you but I don’t know how many more games I can watch live. There was a time when I loved watching close games, like the grinders against the upstart Kings. Or the battles with Dwill against Yao and Tmac. But I can’t take these games anymore. when we lost our lead I nearly threw out my tv. My blood pressure…

But then Spida did superstar stuff.

Give me blowouts or give me death. Hopefully game 4 is a comfortable win. Then we can end this in SLC.

Last edited:
So they played “Whoop that trick” and the crowd all sang along and I saw a few journalists talking about how awesome it was... so we are cool with the crowd singing about beating women? Like that’s cool? Maybe next game we could sing “beat that tard”.

Just thought it was strange in a league that is super concerned with equality.

I mentioned that as it happened earlier in the thread, was totally surprised they allowed that song to be played. And to have the whole crowd sing along just made it worse.

Stay classy Memphis!

Phew

what a relief.

I don’t know about the rest of you but I don’t know how many right games I can watch live anymore. There was a time when I loved watching close games, like the grinder against the upstart Kings. Or the battles with Dwill against Yao and Tmac. But I can’t take these games anymore. when we lost our lead I nearly threw out my tv. My blood pressure…

But then Spida did superstar stuff.

Give me blowouts or give me death. Hopefully game 4 is a comfortable win. Then we can end this in SLC.

Maybe get on some meds. Hopefully you’re not stressing THAT much.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Stupid take.

Have you seen Q???? The guy is a ****ing machine. The yelling he does in practice must be insane.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
lol

I mentioned that as it happened earlier in the thread, was totally surprised they allowed that song to be played. And to have the whole crowd sing along just made it worse.

Stay classy Memphis!
It’s got some Memphis history and anyone that questioned it got they old “ you must be really fun at a party” or “it’s just a song”.

IDK how the world decides what is okay and isn’t okay but just thought “a song” that is really pushing the idea that’s it’s cool to hit and demean women was likely not on the list of things that are okay nowadays.

So glad we won. So huge to win that first game at their place.

And that tech on their coach in the first half on that Brooks foul on Don... what an idiot. Brooks cannot be allowed to run into the legs of a 3 point shooter as he elevates. What coach in their right mind gets that upset about that clear and obvious call?

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

And that tech on their coach in the first half on that Brooks foul on Don... what an idiot. Brooks cannot be allowed to run into the legs of a 3 point shooter as he elevates. What coach in their right mind gets that upset about that clear and obvious call?

The ESPN TV guys said several times Brooks wasn't in the landing zone when he clearly did slide into the landing zone after the shot. That's such a scumbag move. Donovan is coming off an ankle injury and this guy is trying to cause him to land awkwardly or worse. It seemed 100% intentional to me. Full Bowen move.

I imagine they couldn't secure the rights to "Smack My Bitch Up" by Prodigy.
Not knowing the song at all I just listened to it and it talks a lot about Memphis in the song.

I'm not advocating for playing it at an NBA game, just want to make that clear.

Not knowing the song at all I just listened to it and it talks a lot about Memphis in the song.

Oh yeah - it's from the movie "Hustle and Flow" which takes place in Memphis.

Also bears mentioning the song was written by a guy with a long history of beating up women.

Just thought it was strange in a league that is super selective with equality.
Fixed

The ESPN TV guys said several times Brooks wasn't in the landing zone when he clearly did slide into the landing zone after the shot. That's such a scumbag move. Donovan is coming off an ankle injury and this guy is trying to cause him to land awkwardly or worse. It seemed 100% intentional to me. Full Bowen move.
I agree. If you push a shooter's legs as elevates, there is no certainty that the shooter will land correctly. It's extremely dangerous and should be called.

Nah, having to come back just to get put down soundly twice like that wears on you. Sometimes just losing big and hitting the reset button is a good thing. I feel like the Grizzlies know that The Jazz are just going to clown them the last 5 minutes of the game. It's the way I felt in the finals against Mike Jordan in 97 and 98.

Grizz have had many opportunities to give up. and they've been clawing back every time. Their failure yesterday was one of lack of poise and experience, not grit. I don't see them throwing in the towel.

I think he was screaming that Rudy was a moving pick. He was still wrong but what the heck.

I know the song, even have it on one of my playlists. But the subject matter of the song is highly inappropriate for a pro basketball game.

Last edited:
When did Grayson Allen become automatic from 3? If I were them I’d play with the idea of benching JV and starting Jackson at C and bringing Allen into the starting lineup to fight shooting with shooting.

When Morant went up for the 360 dunk even while the Grizzlies were down by 10, I know we had this game and series. They don't understand the mindset of playoff basketball yet.

When did Grayson Allen become automatic from 3? If I were them I’d play with the idea of benching JV and starting Jackson at C and bringing Allen into the starting lineup to fight shooting with shooting.
one good game =/= automatic.