What's new

Game Thread May 29, 2021 07:30PM MT: Jazz at Grizzlies - Game 3

Added to Calendar: 05-29-21

This is funny because it’s true. Hubie is a huge Grizzlies homer.

Yeah to listen to him you'd think they already swept us and are just waiting for the next round. And Mitchell is ok, but Morant is just amazing!!

I guess this makes sense then why everyone has beef with Bolerjack and I'm indifferent. I hadn't given any thought to anything Hubie Brown said or noticed at all and am surprised about people bringing it up. I guess I totally tune that stuff out while I'm lost in thought about the game.

We need to put them away earlier than later. I think Brooks could cheap shot someone and actually hurt them... JV is also physical as hell... Save Rudy some pounding. Hopefully we have that killer instinct... Memphis won’t quit... I’m impressed with their resolve and Jenkins seems like a really good coach. They are on a great path.
All good points. I especially think they'll get ultra-physical after they go down 3-1. They have built a pretty good team around their star but lack the insane depth we have (but if they can keep their nucleus together and add a few more defenders they'll be a problem in the future).

When Rudy is in foul trouble or we want to sit him due to what you mentioned above (a team starts knocking him around) having Favs is such a luxury. Like many others on this board I'm total Favs homer - he's such a good dude and he plays his role well. All the guys deserve a ring but for being cool after being traded and then coming back Favors REALLY deserves one.

I wish Clarkson would have a bit of a shorter leash too, but at least he hit some big 3s yesterday.

I'm still waiting for this game where they both play great. If so, it's over.
He played 22 minutes almost his normal pt. He's going to go nuclear at some point.

In the spurs game they put ja on walker and on warriors they put him on bazemore. Perfect situation for grizz because they are not a threat in offense. But vs jazz we have 3 attacking guards in Conley, dm and clarkson and we play 2 of them everytime. He's exerting more effort in d than before. He may have scored 47 last time but we dropped 141 points on them.

Hard to believe that was 14 years ago when we won game 7 in Houston and ultimately got to the WCF. I always liked Booze, if we had another big to go with him and Memo we might have won a title in 2008 or shortly after. We were just to undersized against the Lakers after they got Gasol and took control of the west.

Sent from my SM-A326U using JazzFanz mobile appon
Booz killed that game 7 @Rockets. Nothing to really dislike about Carlos. I guess lots of fans were a bit disheartened on one particular hamstring injury taking some time... I was one of them probably back then. But dude was a main cog out there keeping Jazz basketball relevant for a while.

My least favorite booze moment was the last game of the season, on our home court, when don nelson showed up with 7 active no name players and whooped us. They were playing for nothing and we depended on a win for playoff seeding.

As it turns out, booze was cheating on his wife with Kyle Korner lady and that ended up ripping the locker room apart and the team, tbh. Thats about when I was done with booze.

The eternal hammy injury didn't help.

As it turns out, booze was cheating on his wife with Kyle Korner lady and that ended up ripping the locker room apart and the team, tbh. Thats about when I was done with booze.

Is this true? I've never heard about this before. If this really happened why would Korver sign with the Bulls right after Boozer did?

I know the girl personally. And Cee Cee proceeded with the divorce shortly after due to infedility.

I wasn't in "the room where it happened" but I won't be sharing any more than that.

Booz killed that game 7 @Rockets. Nothing to really dislike about Carlos. I guess lots of fans were a bit disheartened on one particular hamstring injury taking some time... I was one of them probably back then. But dude was a main cog out there keeping Jazz basketball relevant for a while.

I think it was a bit more than that.., of all the years he was here he only ended up playing in like 60% of the possible games. When he did play his defense was basically non-existent. While injured and after missing some significant time he made a statement about how he’ll be signing for more money in the offseason regardless or something stupid like that.
I liked boozer but I had no problem seeing and accepting why some people didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this true? I've never heard about this before. If this really happened why would Korver sign with the Bulls right after Boozer did?
This. Sounds fishy.. From what I read Boozer did file for divorce in March 2009. Kinda strange as that is about the time the Jazz went on a tear winning games and got the 8th seed.

I was more than annoyed by about the 3rd "There ya go!" after the Grizzlies did something right.
Hubbie coached Grizzlies for long time. Can't blame him for being a homer. If Sloan would be still alive and would do some announcing I would expect him to be as big Jazz homer if not bigger.