What's new

Game Thread May 29, 2021 07:30PM MT: Jazz at Grizzlies - Game 3

Added to Calendar: 05-29-21

Memphis had way too many offensive rebounds.

Conley was efficient and Favs looked good with those blocks and a lot of rebounds in a fairly short amount of time.

Now we must go up 3-1 so we can beat them at home and move on....

one good game =/= automatic.
True. But He’s shooting 39 percent this year, higher than Mitchell and higher than Conley’s career averages. Is 39 percent not very good? He shot 32 percent from 3 with us.

Edit: I honestly haven’t kept up much with league stats this year. But I think 39 percent is pretty darn respectable. Not automatic but pretty good. Right?

He’s pretty close to Bogie. Not as high as Royce or Jingles.

Last edited:

Conley was efficient and Favs looked good with those blocks and a lot of rebounds in a fairly short amount of time.

We seemed to be hitting the boards and hustling a lot more in that first half than in the second. I saw bad habits return of bad defense and standing around as they pounded us on the glass.

Oh yeah - it's from the movie "Hustle and Flow" which takes place in Memphis.

Also bears mentioning the song was written by a guy with a long history of beating up women.
They used to play it in the arena during the grit and grind era. So there is history but just thought as a league they were above this.

I get that most people aren’t necessarily thinking “hey beating women is awesome“. Just feels like maybe we shouldn’t ignore it since it’s literally the chorus of the song. Certainly shouldn’t think it’s lit... IDK

True. But He’s shooting 39 percent this year, higher than Mitchell and higher than Conley’s career averages. Is 39 percent not very good? He shot 32 percent from 3 with us.
He was good in college too. He didn’t get consistent playing time and was in his first couple years (maybe only his rookie year... can’t remember) so an adjustment period was always going to be there. His shot is pretty. Shooting was never the question... he was an atrocious defender... like automatic buckets for the other team. He’s not great but he’s passable now. I always thought he’d be an nba player but more of a third guard. He wasn’t a terrible pick imo... he wasn’t my first choice but there was some rationale behind the pick.

We need to put them away earlier than later. I think Brooks could cheap shot someone and actually hurt them... JV is also physical as hell... Save Rudy some pounding. Hopefully we have that killer instinct... Memphis won’t quit... I’m impressed with their resolve and Jenkins seems like a really good coach. They are on a great path.

We need to put them away earlier than later. I think Brooks could cheap shot someone and actually hurt them... JV is also physical as hell... Save Rudy some pounding. Hopefully we have that killer instinct... Memphis won’t quit... I’m impressed with their resolve and Jenkins seems like a really good coach. They are on a great path.
This and so much this. JV and Brooks are headcases ready to explode. I can see them wanting to hurt one of our guys as their season comes to an end. Better put them away fast and early to limit their opportunities at hurting one of our guys.

And Allen always makes me nervous when he’s out there.

I agree. That was absolutely the right move. But I wasn't expecting that from Quin.
Yeah I think Quin is too passive and trying to be their friend so he often doesn't make the tough call or put his foot down like he should. I know they really like him but it isn't enough to get their best performance all the time. I'd rather have him occasionally pop and lead us to the championship than have him be everyone's buddy and we go down meekly in round 2 or something.

I would also like to see him go after the refs now and then. Get riled up. Fire up his team. And for **** sake use your ****ing challenges Snyder! This is the ****ing playoffs, this is not the time to keep any of your weapons holstered!

Last edited:
I'm thinking Rev was right about us being soft.

Ja is much better than anyone thought, and we don't do well with the beatdown tactic used against us here.

Game 4 will tell a lot. Either we finally get a statement game or we have to go all seven.

So glad we won. So huge to win that first game at their place.

And that tech on their coach in the first half on that Brooks foul on Don... what an idiot. Brooks cannot be allowed to run into the legs of a 3 point shooter as he elevates. What coach in their right mind gets that upset about that clear and obvious call?

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
This coming from the same guy who asked for a replay of when Brooks slammed into Ingles on a three point attempt. Lol. I still can’t believe he challenged that call
Grizz have had many opportunities to give up. and they've been clawing back every time. Their failure yesterday was one of lack of poise and experience, not grit. I don't see them throwing in the towel.
Ya, Ja lost all objectivity when he decided to commit basketball suicide challenging Gobert twice in a row at the end. Lol
When did Grayson Allen become automatic from 3? If I were them I’d play with the idea of benching JV and starting Jackson at C and bringing Allen into the starting lineup to fight shooting with shooting.
He did go 0-6 the game before, and sitting JV for Jackson is a horrible idea, JV is a big part of what they do and is usually part of their best lineup, and Jackson has been really really bad this series.

Edit: I honestly haven’t kept up much with league stats this year. But I think 39 percent is pretty darn respectable. Not automatic but pretty good. Right?

He’s pretty close to Bogie. Not as high as Royce or Jingles.
He tends to give up more than he gets.

No one thought Don looked funny last night after that fall? Sat A LOT. Lots of standing around, very slow jogging with what appeared to be some favoring/limping to me. Yes, I know he looked explosive a couple of plays and fine at those moments...but he didn’t appear right to me.

Really hoping we win next game and close them out at home so he can get 5-7 days of rest and rehabbing.

They used to play it in the arena during the grit and grind era. So there is history but just thought as a league they were above this.

I get that most people aren’t necessarily thinking “hey beating women is awesome“. Just feels like maybe we shouldn’t ignore it since it’s literally the chorus of the song. Certainly shouldn’t think it’s lit... IDK

Well hold on now... If all the Jazz fans are racist due to heckling players, then all the Grizzlies fans are women beaters cause they all yelled in harmony together to "whoop that trick!"

Makes sense to me.