What's new

Mike Conley hamstring watch

LifeOnaPlate

Last season, Mike Conley missed 19 games due to what was originally referred to as a hamstring strain. The Jazz went on a ten game win streak at the time. But that was when Mike was struggling and not anything like the Mike he's become this season. Last season it was his left hammy. This season his right.

Mike is having one of the most impactful seasons of his career. We saw it last night when Utah started to collapse down the stretch, tired legs notwithstanding, after Mike left the game. Losing him for an extended period seems scary.

With him, Utah could have a better chance to stay in the top two seeds. Without him, they could reasonably slip to 4th. And a possible all-star nod from the coaches, his best case in years, could slip away.

Attempted silver lining: perhaps this is the stretch when the non-Conley units can figure things out, as they've not performed as well yet this season.

Here's Sarah Todd's coverage from last season.

I didn't see the game, what happened? Is he injured?

I didn't see the game, what happened? Is he injured?
He just failed to return to the game. They said he was out with hamstring tightness. He’s listed as day-to-day per ESPN.

The rest of February will be brutal for the Jazz. We probably would have gone 7-4 with Conley, but will likely go ... 6-5 without him. The games will be a lot closer, but I think our chances of winning will be the same. Let Conley rest until he is 100%.

If Jazz think they can win next game without him you should rest him

Sometimes the math are more like "even If we consider ourselves at risk If he takes 2 games out (or 4, or whatever he needs), much worse is If he actually pulls something and has to sit for like 2 to 4 weeks"

The rest of February will be brutal for the Jazz. We probably would have gone 7-4 with Conley, but will likely go ... 6-5 without him. The games will be a lot closer, but I think our chances of winning will be the same. Let Conley rest until he is 100%.
I don't know, they are starting to win me over. I think we go 8-3 even without Conley. I think there is an outside shot we win them all. Might even be worth a $10 parlay.

Trent Forrest - 6'4" PG - he's only played two minutes so far this season, but is hitting 100% of his free throws. :)

Reportedly has a 6'7" wingspan.

Has there been any reports about whether it’s the same hammy that seems to have plagued him well beyond the 19 games he missed last year? Or are we suffering another lapse in reporting?

Has there been any reports about whether it’s the same hammy that seems to have plagued him well beyond the 19 games he missed last year? Or are we suffering another lapse in reporting?
As mentioned a few times, the current injured hamstring(s) are in an altogether different leg than last year.

In any case, I’m joining the chorus that the Jazz should proceed with an abundance of caution. He should sit out a few games, at least.

Last edited:
Sucks that he'll miss the Pacers game but I'd rather let him have 1 night off then 2 to 3 weeks of games.

Get well soon Conley!

Huge part of a HUGE season for the Jazz,