What's new

Millsap+Fes for Hedo ?

@ NAOS: You're a fan of Wes Anderson but don't know who Max Fisher is? Um, ok.

Also, don't drag me into this...this is between you and him.

I'm a troll now?

So first you accuse me of being someone else, with no facts, and then you accuse me of being a troll. That's funny.

1. I didn't think that people make alternate names on this board, but I can assure you that I am not one of them. It won't do any good though. Unintelligent people that make such rash accusations based on no facts are usually resisitent and stubborn to changing their ideas. I'm curious, do you enjoy Glenn Beck?

2. I didn't make a trade. Comprehension plays a key role in "intelligence".

3. You use quotes incorrectly in your posts. You should work on that.

Wow. NAOS, owned again.

apparently I've lost track of the lunacy taking place on this board the past two days. My sincerest apologies

Dear "max", thank you for your ample contributions. Also, where did I support this trade? Where are the guidelines for using scarequotes?

Dear Vinyl, your definition of "pwn" or "own" is damned weak. Also, where did I say that I didn't know who Max Fisher was?

Regards,
NAOS

Ill give you credit NAOS, you're like a boxer who has both eyes shut due to jabs...but keeps on coming.

Bravo!

You think Wes Anderson is an obscure filmmaker? Haha, that's interesting.

He's far from obscure. He's one of the most accredited and accomplished film directors of all-time. He is one of the reasons for Luke and Owen Wilson's popularity. Not to mention the resurgence of Bill Murray's more serious acting career. Calling him obscure is an insult to him, and embarrassment for you.

As far as using film to gauge the intelligence level of a person, I find it to be pretty accurate. I have yet to meet an intelligent person that enjoyed the movie "Leonard Part 6".

On the other hand, people that enjoy films that actually make you think and comprehend have made for some pretty intellectual conversations.

Many people would disagree with your assessment that movie taste is connected to intelligence.

BTW, can you tell me how great of a movie "Crank 2" was? I bet you're a huge fan...

A scrub who made two decent movies is one of the most accomplished ever? Right. And to think I wasted 15 seconds of my life on you.

So I received this PM from NAOS:

end of spat
Look, let's put this spat behind us. You've clearly suffered some horrible social death... and yet you are left to roam this world with your idiotic shell of a body. I don't want to pick on you.

No worries, man, I just put you on the hide list.

NAOS

I didn't think it would be this easy to troll him. But, I guess it is.

A scrub who made two decent movies is one of the most accomplished ever? Right. And to think I wasted 15 seconds of my life on you.

You know that awkward feeling you get when someone says something ignorant and embarassing to a group of people? The feeling that the show "The Office" tries to exude?

I just got that feeling about you.

I'm not a huge fan of, say hockey, but I acknowledge that Sidney Crosby is an amazing player.

Please don't put down a great director because you find his movies to be boring and weird....

I'm a huge fan of wes Anderson. I'm happy to know that means I'm smart.

This thread started out stupid, but now it's funny.

You know that awkward feeling you get when someone says something ignorant and embarassing to a group of people? The feeling that the show "The Office" tries to exude?

I just got that feeling about you.

I'm not a huge fan of, say hockey, but I acknowledge that Sidney Crosby is an amazing player.

Please don't put down a great director because you find his movies to be boring and weird....

It seems that you built your entire life around the delusion that liking Wes Anderson is the zenith of human accomplishments. I was discussing the significance of the difference in contrast between portrait and landscape shots in Tarkovskiy's work back when you first discovered Requiem for a Dream, and cried your *** off while smoking a joint with your junior high friends. The only one who should be embarrassed is you, kid.

It seems that you built your entire life around the delusion that liking Wes Anderson is the zenith of human accomplishments. I was discussing the significance of the difference in contrast between portrait and landscape shots in Tarkovskiy's work back when you first discovered Requiem for a Dream, and cried your *** off while smoking a joint with your junior high friends. The only one who should be embarrassed is you, kid.

I've built my entire life around Wes Anderson? I'm 27 so I wonder what I did my first 14 years of existence while I waited for Wes Anderson to grace my life.

I'm sorry if I implied that liking him was the zenith of accomplishments. I thought it was quite clear how I just said that there was a corralation between liking Wes Anderson and being somewhat intelligent. Accomplishments play no role into it.

I'm having truoble following your last couple lines. I should be embarrassed why? Because you knew of a cinematic style before I did because you are older than I?

I seriously don't understand that logic at all. Can you elaborate? Are you saying that I should find a person who discovers a film for the first time embarrassing because I have already discovered it, and its genre, myself?

That doesn't seem logical.

P.S. You seem kind of mean and confusing, but I must admit I am a big fan of Tarkovskiy. He did some work related to Faulkner whom I enjoy greatly.

I've built my entire life around Wes Anderson? I'm 27 so I wonder what I did my first 14 years of existence while I waited for Wes Anderson to grace my life.

I'm sorry if I implied that liking him was the zenith of accomplishments. I thought it was quite clear how I just said that there was a corralation between liking Wes Anderson and being somewhat intelligent. Accomplishments play no role into it.

I'm having truoble following your last couple lines. I should be embarrassed why? Because you knew of a cinematic style before I did because you are older than I?

I seriously don't understand that logic at all. Can you elaborate? Are you saying that I should find a person who discovers a film for the first time embarrassing because I have already discovered it, and its genre, myself?

That doesn't seem logical.

P.S. You seem kind of mean and confusing, but I must admit I am a big fan of Tarkovskiy. He did some work related to Faulkner whom I enjoy greatly.

It just means that it sounds like you stumbled upon a decent director among the pile of Hollywood trash, and you convinced yourself that you've found the holy grail of art. And now you use that revelation as an arbitrary measure for intelligence. Why else would you make the assumption that I found Anderson to be "weird and boring", as if he is some kind of deep poet the masses cannot understand. Wes Anderson is a prime example of popular mainstream independent director, largely targeting the semi-serious movie watcher demographics. His best movies are typically better than the usual fair (about the same level as Pan's Labyrinth, or American Beauty), but they are far from being high art. Oh, and I do like him by the way. I just have broad enough perspective to see him where he belongs.

And I am not a mean person. I'm actually quite easy going, but something about your condescending attitude ticked me off. Either way, I do not want to argue movies with you all day on a Jazz forum. :)

It just means that it sounds like you stumbled upon a decent director among the pile of Hollywood trash, and you convinced yourself that you've found the holy grail of art. And now you use that revelation as an arbitrary measure for intelligence. Why else would you make the assumption that I found Anderson to be "weird and boring", as if he is some kind of deep poet the masses cannot understand. Wes Anderson is a prime example of popular mainstream independent director, largely targeting the semi-serious movie watcher demographics. His best movies are typically better than the usual fair (about the same level as Pan's Labyrinth, or American Beauty), but they are far from being high art. Oh, and I do like him by the way. I just have broad enough perspective to see him where he belongs.

And I am not a mean person. I'm actually quite easy going, but something about your condescending attitude ticked me off. Either way, I do not want to argue movies with you all day on a Jazz forum. :)

Fair enough brother. Sorry i came off condescending. I really am not that kind of person.

I admit my opening post may not have been the nicest to people that love and support ridiculous trade proposals, but all my subsequent posts were purely retalitory.

He's far from obscure. He's one of the most accredited and accomplished film directors of all-time.

However, Darjeeling and Aquatic were quite weak imo. His last animated flick was awesome, however. He's one of the best of his generation, dunnoon about all-time, yet....

However, Darjeeling and Aquatic were quite weak imo. His last animated flick was awesome, however. He's one of the best of his generation, dunnoon about all-time, yet....

What!?! You don't think Anderson belongs next to Godard, Antonioni, and Herzog??? ;)

What!?! You don't think Anderson belongs next to Godard, Antonioni, and Herzog??? ;)

I never liked Godard (I liked Breathless, is that Godard?). In fact, I do not like film-noir or French cinema in general. Herzog however, now that's a master!