What's new

Mitchell at Point Guard

Maybe we could decline on Favors, sign Brogdon, and then sign Favors, but we would only have $30 - Brogdon's contract. We could also use the full Room Exception which is $4.7 or the Bi-Annual Exception which is $3.6.

Lets say we get Brogdon for $20 (optimistic), we would have roughly $10 for Favors. That's the best case scenario without thinking about dumping Bradley or Grayson so open up another $4 million.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/06/values-of-201819-mid-level-bi-annual-exceptions.html

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Exceptions are for teams without cap space.

IINM, teams below the cap can spend up to that amount and then have the Room exception instead of the MLE to spend. It's one reason I think after striking out on the 1st and 2nd tier FA's, the Jazz will exercise Favs' option and pursue a 1+1 contract with Ricky. That ensures they still have the full MLE to upgrade the roster and have assets to trade at the deadline.

Last edited:
IINM, teams below the cap can spend up to that amount and then have the Room exception instead of the MLE to spend. It's one reason I think after striking out on the 1st and 2nd tier FA's, the Jazz will exercise Favs' option and pursue a 1+1 contract with Ricky. That ensures they still have the full MLE to upgrade the roster and have assets to trade at the deadline.

Is that a new one during the revamp 2 times ago? I thought they only added the apron thing.

Regardless, it looks like Utah only has one major move. I bet Conley and Jrue deals are revisited, although we probably wont heat about it. All 3 teams new this at the deadline and all 3 played hardball/long game.

Is that a new one during the revamp 2 times ago? I thought they only added the apron thing.

Regardless, it looks like Utah only has one major move. I bet Conley and Jrue deals are revisited, although we probably wont heat about it. All 3 teams new this at the deadline and all 3 played hardball/long game.
I hope the jazz do revisit the trade with Conley. I hope they trade Dante and favors together for Conley. I will be happy for Dante and favors. Let's hope

Are there any stats on players who lead the league in dribbles or time with ball in their hands? I’m curious how ball dominant Rubio is or isn’t compared to Mike Conley and others.

Every team regardless of cap situation gets exceptions. There are exceptions for luxury teams (how GS got Cousins), over the cap teams (how NOLA got Randle), and under the cap teams (how Lakers got Beasley or Lance I'm pretty sure).

You'll see it a good bit this summer. Let's just say the Lakers use their max space to sign KD. And let's say that puts them right near the $109 salary cap. The NBA's system allows for a team in that situation to continue to build the roster with contracts other than just minimum deals. They wouldn't make the Lakers settle for tons of minimum deals just like how there was a bs loophole for well over the luxury GS to have $5+ to give to Cousins.

So how does that apply to us? In our wildest dreams, we could renounce Rubio, decline Favors and sign Tobias to the max. After we do that, we are at the cap but aren't technically an over the cap team because we started the process having cap space. We could still then sign a player using the "Room Exception" of $4.7 or the "Bi-Annual Exception" of $3.6.

Every team regardless of cap situation gets exceptions. There are exceptions for luxury teams (how GS got Cousins), over the cap teams (how NOLA got Randle), and under the cap teams (how Lakers got Beasley or Lance I'm pretty sure).

You'll see it a good bit this summer. Let's just say the Lakers use their max space to sign KD. And let's say that puts them right near the $109 salary cap. The NBA's system allows for a team in that situation to continue to build the roster with contracts other than just minimum deals. They wouldn't make the Lakers settle for tons of minimum deals just like how there was a bs loophole for well over the luxury GS to have $5+ to give to Cousins.

So how does that apply to us? In our wildest dreams, we could renounce Rubio, decline Favors and sign Tobias to the max. After we do that, we are at the cap but aren't technically an over the cap team because we started the process having cap space. We could still then sign a player using the "Room Exception" of $4.7 or the "Bi-Annual Exception" of $3.6.

Just the room. The Bi-annual isn't available to teams with cap space. Maybe that's what you were saying.

The GS "looohole" was nothing more than using the taxpayer MLE IIRC. No different than the old MLE really other than reducing the MLE they can offer or teams under the apron but going over with the MLE can offer.