What's new

Mitchell injury

Sounds like he’ll be there ‘barring any setbacks’ but it sure doesn’t sound like he was fine and they were just saving him for the playoffs. Quite the opposite. Rust could be a real factor. But hopefully we are seeing playoff Don sooner than later.
Yeah. The fact that he *just* had his first practice is seriously troubling, both because it says something about the severity of the injury AND that it indicates he will be rusty.

The way we have to look at this is that he’s replacing Forest. I know that’s not ideal, but that’s what it is.

At the very least he’s a good decoy for other guys who have found rhythm.

Is he capable of playing as a decoy? He looooves putting up shots.
Yeah, it’s a good point, but I’m hoping he’s got some confidence in his teammates after they just wrapped up the #1 seed that we should have been slated to lose.

I'd say he will likely be on about a 40 minute restriction or so.
I say we don't need Mitch3ell for game 1, and then only if someone else is injured for the first round.

I believe he will be targeted by some damned notalent bruiser whenever we put him out there. At least if there is an idea to take out another Jazz player, they'll need to consider our bench strength.

Mitchell on the bench ready to go is worth ten points any game.

I say we don't need Mitch3ell for game 1, and then only if someone else is injured for the first round.

I believe he will be targeted by some damned notalent bruiser whenever we put him out there. At least if there is an idea to take out another Jazz player, they'll need to consider our bench strength.

Mitchell on the bench ready to go is worth ten points any game.
Yeah there is no need to rush him back. Give him 15 minutes the first game and step it up as we go. Unless of course we need him. If we are at risk of losing then sure he plays any and all minutes necessary.

It is the playoffs after all. Gotta bring it.

I actually think they should give disinformation. Tell the media Mitchell is out if he’s healthy then right before they play put him in the game and later say they updated his status. Just to mess with them...

Then...put in Malone and Stockton. Bam! Won’t see that coming either.

I doubt their was reaggravation. They probably just decided to sit him one more game and get three more days rest.