What's new

Mitchell injury

I just hope they're not overconfident. Memphis is a good team.
I think they feel like they can afford it with game one because of a number of variables, and they can see how it goes from there.

Sorry folks, there is no silver lining here. Either he has a sprain that they feel needs this level of care (SEVERE), or he aggravated it significantly.

There are no other scenarios. Mitchell needs to get up to speed if the Jazz are serious about winning. What concerns me is they are that serious, which tells me his condition really isn't good one way or another.

Eh chill. They figure the Grizz won’t have anything in the tank today so give him a few more days
I doubt that very very much.

Would have been extremely beneficial to get Donovan some playing time at the end of the season. This is not the time to continue to rest him. If the Jazz lose this first game then what do you do? Try to get Donovan up to speed in do or die games where he absolutely must go 100% to keep the Jazz alive and risk re-injury.

If he was 80-90% he'd be playing tonight, possibly with a minute restriction.

Would have been extremely beneficial to get Donovan some playing time at the end of the season. This is not the time to continue to rest him. If the Jazz lose this first game then what do you do? Try to get Donovan up to speed in do or die games where he absolutely must go 100% to keep the Jazz alive and risk re-injury.

Dude denial is the way to go. Try it

Dude denial is the way to go. Try it
That's what I was doing the last two week of the regular season. I've posted many times that "if the playoff started today Donovan would be playing." and well... The playoff start today and Donovan isn't playing.

Here's where things stop adding up though - per Andy Larsen, all reports were he was playing even after he had practiced and showered and left today:

So dumb question. After he's been ruled out he can't be ruled back in last-minute can he?