What's new

Mitchell injury

Why is he now? You seem to believe a fully healthy player is being held out of a playoff game. I'm not the one dealing in absurdities here.
And yet you seem to believe the Jazz left him off the injury report... for fun?

lol

And yet you seem to believe the Jazz left him off the injury report... for fun?

lol
Your faith in this invented binary is silly. He is not better or he would be playing. This is maybe the stupidest thing I've had to explain to someone on the site.

They can call it whatever they want. He would be playing if he was 100%.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo he's not better, then? Or you seriously believe that he is and they are just holding him out for fun?

That is straight up preposterous.
For the third and last time, they're holding him out to be as cautious as possible.

I hate arguing with conspiracy theorists.

Your faith in this invented binary is silly. He is not better or he would be playing. This is maybe the stupidest thing I've had to explain to someone on the site.

Or even 90% IMHO

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

Nobody is saying he's 100%.

It's a lot easier to understand if you acknowledge the very rational possibility that the Jazz are deciding to not play Mitchell until he's 100% or until they feel like they have to.

You can disagree with them as to whether or not Game 1 against the Grizzlies is a "have to play him" situation, but that's a separate argument.

Oh................................. k..............................

So explain to me what you think I am saying.
This whole argument started because I posted the tweets of what the Jazz said and you replied with this:
So, cool, great that we have these tweets from good sources. However, that doesn't mean these are facts and this organization is notorious for being tight-lipped so you'll have to forgive those of us that are wary.
So you seem to be accusing the Jazz of lying or being deceitful. If that's wrong, then you worded it very poorly.

It seems to me that not playing him means he is still injured. I think it will take a minimum of 3 games to totally reintegrate players that have been out for an extensive time. This will be Conley's 3rd game back, so hopefully he will be back to normal. Mitchell if he is back next game will probably take until game 5. The problem is he obviously is still injured to some degree and may not be back that soon.

This whole argument started because I posted the tweets of what the Jazz said and you replied with this:

So you seem to be accusing the Jazz of lying or being deceitful. If that's wrong, then you worded it very poorly.
I don't appreciate the language of it being 'out of nothing but caution.' It does not stand to reason. This entire disagreement is about semantics, all of it. The truth is he is being held out because his ankle isn't right. They can re-word that however they like for PR purposes, and it can even be technically simultaneously true.

His ankle isn't right. We don't disagree. What we disagree on is the PR spin.