What's new

Mitchell injury

**** —and I cannot emphasize this enough — the medical staff. Not necessarily because Don didn’t play, but because of how it was handled.

Don should have been on the injury report yesterday if there was any chance he wasn’t going to be able to play today. Period. The other players should know he might not play if that’s a possibility.

I hope we are fined, and I hope we make the doctors pay the fine.

I hope at some point we have some idea what this **** is all about.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app
On the surface it seems like Don felt like he was ready to go and “they” said no. To put a name on “they” Eric Waters is the head trainer so is Quin deferring to him or did someone else get involved? If a star player is looking fit in practice, says and looks like he’s ready to play and it’s the playoffs, you play him.

With DM's cryptic tweet and IG I think our FO tanked this game plain and simple. There's no other explanation. He was planning on playing up until hours before the game, not even on the injury report, then he gets pulled. They figured we didn't need him and they are 100% responsible for yesterday's loss if true.

Again just my theory but if I'm right Donovan, the team, and to a lesser extent our fans should be pissed. I'm not saying heads should roll, but I kind of am.

With DM's cryptic tweet and IG I think our FO tanked this game plain and simple. There's no other explanation. He was planning on playing up until hours before the game, not even on the injury report, then he gets pulled. They figured we didn't need him and they are 100% responsible for yesterday's loss if true.

Again just my theory but if I'm right Donovan, the team, and to a lesser extent our fans should be pissed. I'm not saying heads should roll, but I kind of am.
Like I have said in other threads... either he is definitely hurt still and likely isn’t playing much if at all this series or we were overly cautious and held him out. 2 ****ing days at this point does nothing to get him ready... not when he’s sat out 4+ weeks. Even if they came out and said it’s a conditioning issue... then fine... get him 10 minutes or so to feel like he can shake some rust. Also... get the conditioning started a week or so earlier. I get we want to not aggravate something but it’s ****ing go time... now or never.

I also think our star player would have enough power to say... eff that mr. trainer I’m playing and it would have some weight.

The good news is that our front office will get out in front of this and answer all the tough questions... they definitely won’t let the players and coaches answer these questions and surely won’t let tumors just circulate and spread like wild fire. Also our media will ask all the tough follow ups and definitely won’t give them softball questions. It will be given tremendous clarity today.

I do like that Andy is holding the organization’s feet to the coals on this.

If Don is out there on Wednesday and looks even 80%, the person who made the decision not to put Don on the injury report should be fired, and the person who made the decision to sit Don should be fired.

You can’t create a scenario that potentially sours the relationship with the star player and blindsides the rest of the team in the PLAYOFFS and expect to keep your job.

Last edited:
I hope at some point we have some idea what this **** is all about.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app
I think we already know.

Donovan felt great and was ready play and wanted to play.

Jazz management felt great about their chances to win game 1 without Donovan so they chose to sit him out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

did our franchise just pull a reverse Kawhi?

Instead of rushing our star back and burning bridges with him, we held him back and burned bridges with him? If we underachieve this postseason, will he demand a trade? What a weird thing to have happen at the start of the playoffs. I've never seen a star player go off on his franchise like this during the playoffs. Let's hope this doesn't **** us up.

Oof