What's new

More Mitchell Love

There are differences.

I would like to see you find a more similar player.

There has never been a rookie to shoot below 70% from 3, above 50% from the field and average more than 5 assists per game. Besides Simmons.

I don't know. He's a pretty unique player. But he plays nothing like MCW, who's a totally different (and inferior) player. Giannis and Blake Griffin are a lot closer to the way Simmons play than MCW.

I didn't say good. I said very good. And calling Mitchell transcendent is laughable. Sorry but it is.

He's averaging 20 point a game on acceptable efficiency, with good D, as a rookie. But whatevs. I remember when you were arguing that Gobert isn't very good. Just being overly critical of the Jazz players doesn't make you some sort of ultra-realist.

I didn't say good. I said very good. And calling Mitchell transcendent is laughable. Sorry but it is.

How many other rookies have lead their team to the NBA playoffs as the leading scorer in NBA history? How many of them without another 20 ppg scorer?

If Mitchell also leads us in scoring in the playoffs he will become only the 2nd player in modern NBA history to do that along with Bird. Although Bird had 2 HOF players and 2 league MVPs, 1 finals MVP player on his roster his rookie year so he had a pretty damn good roster around him.

The difference in the offensive gravity between the players Simmons plays with and Donovan is staggering. How well would Simmons offensive game go playing with Gobert Favors and Rubio ?? He has little pressure on him, while Donovan is absolutely the clear head of the snake. Triple doubles are pretty overrated.

Bottom line is they’re both awesome players with very different skill sets. I think Simmons will win ROY which is fine, but I know which player I would want as the alpha on my team long term and into a contention window

I don't know. He's a pretty unique player. But he plays nothing like MCW, who's a totally different (and inferior) player. Giannis and Blake Griffin are a lot closer to the way Simmons play than MCW.

I agree he is a pretty unique player. There really is no comparison for him. I would not compare him to either of those guys either.

He's averaging 20 point a game on acceptable efficiency, with good D, as a rookie. But whatevs. I remember when you were arguing that Gobert isn't very good. Just being overly critical of the Jazz players doesn't make you some sort of ultra-realist.

Steve Francis averaged 18.0, 5.3, 6.6, 1.5 with similar efficiency numbers as Mitchell. Usually there is a guy per year who does this. That doesn't make them transcendent.

Perhaps you're right and I am overly critical and use the best as my baseline. I feel like Gobert is fatally flawed vs the Houston and Warriors of the world but perhaps his surrounding cast hurts us even more.

How many other rookies have lead their team to the NBA playoffs as the leading scorer in NBA history? How many of them without another 20 ppg scorer?

Lead? We saw how well he led us with Gobert out.

Gobert has led us. Mitchell is just the leading scorer.

Also, this arbitrary "stat" is sort of silly.

It will be fun seeing how these 2 players develop. We haven't had this kind of rivalry since DWill v CP3.

Lead? We saw how well he led us with Gobert out.

Gobert has led us. Mitchell is just the leading scorer.

Also, this arbitrary "stat" is sort of silly.
Wait but you think Gobert is overrated and sucks? But he lead us to the playoffs? You cant have it both ways.

Gobert being out hurt us just like Mitchell being out for an extended time would hurt us.

Its debatable who is the best on our team but there is no question Mitchell is our leader and best player on offense. He is carrying the largest offensive load by a long shot. Fine if you want to call leading scorer an arbitrary stat then we can state it another way.

How many rookies have been the #1 offensive option and made it to the playoffs? How many have not had another reliable offensive threat on his team? Our next highest scorer is Gobert and I would not call him an offensive threat at all, would you?

Wait but you think Gobert is overrated and sucks? But he lead us to the playoffs?

Gobert being out hurt us just like Mitchell being out for an extended time would hurt us.

Its debatable who is the best on our team but there is no question Mitchell is our leader and best player on offense. He is carrying the largest offensive load by a long shot. Fine if you want to call leading scorer an arbitrary stat then we can state it another way.

How many rookies have been the #1 offensive option and made it to the playoffs? How many have not had another reliable offensive threat on his team? Our next highest scorer is Gobert and I would not call him an offensive threat at all, would you?

Where did I say Gobert sucks?

Where did I say Gobert sucks?
Gobert sucks so badly on offense. Mack is infinitely more competent.

Is Gobert ****ing serious right now?

****ING pull his ***.

Gobert sucks.

Is Hayward hurt?

I'd consider trading Gobert for the Brooklyn pick and filler. Not sure if Cleveland would.

The 8 seed ain't happening. Gobert isn't that great. Mitchell is an inefficient chucker. Rubio can't shoot. Ingles is just a role player. Hood is what he is which isn't anything remotely special. Favors is washed up. And Hayward was really ****ing good and we miss him. It's okay to admit it. He was that important to our success.

There is 10 seconds of searches for negative Gobert comments. You obviously are not that high on him.

But I guess you are even less high on Mitchell since you think he is an inefficient chucker and having a rookie year akin to Francis.

They get the most similar similarity scores on searches for past players. But Simmons is smarter in that he doesnt shoot outside the paint or his percentages would be worse than that. If he played on a garbage team that needed points like MCW they would be the same.

If you run their numbers here are the only comparisons:

https://www.basketball-reference.co...tat=trb_per_g&c4comp=gt&c4val=6.2&order_by=ws

Obviously he isnt in the same conversation scoring wise as Oscar who was almost putting up 2x the points per game. He isnt far off from Magic but he is just as close to MCW. Magic could shoot so I would not really compare those two either. Magic had a jump shot, could shoot the three and makes FTs. That leaves the most similar player. A guy who could not shoot(although MCW still shot because he was on a garbage team) but played good defense, rebounded and dished the ball out well.
Magic wasn't even a decent shooter his first 5 or so years. Lol

If Mitchell also leads us in scoring in the playoffs he will become only the 2nd player in modern NBA history to do that along with Bird. Although Bird had 2 HOF players and 2 league MVPs, 1 finals MVP player on his roster his rookie year so he had a pretty damn good roster around him.
I pray to god u haven't jinxed us, we ain't there yet.
I agree he is a pretty unique player. There really is no comparison for him. I would not compare him to either of those guys either.
I'd compare him to them before i did MCW.
Steve Francis averaged 18.0, 5.3, 6.6, 1.5 with similar efficiency numbers as Mitchell. Usually there is a guy per year who does this. That doesn't make them transcendent.

Perhaps you're right and I am overly critical and use the best as my baseline. I feel like Gobert is fatally flawed vs the Houston and Warriors of the world but perhaps his surrounding cast hurts us even more.
I'd be curious to know how the team did record wise? Who else was on that team? Did he lead them in scoring?
When you are ready to have an adult conversation and talk nice ill consider giving you another try.

If u have a good take we'll get serious... idiot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If u have a good take we'll get serious... idiot!

Swing and a miss again.

Someone really needs to learn to have adult conversations. Maybe you should take some time to think about what you have said and get back to me when you can learn to talk with other adults.

Swing and a miss again.

Someone really needs to learn to have adult conversations. Maybe you should take some time to think about what you have said and get back to me when you can learn to talk with other adults.

I tend to talk baby talk to little kids. It's natural, I can't help it

I tend to talk baby talk to little kids. It's natural, I can't help it

Cool, I guess you are incapable of being an adult on the internet. Generally I skip reading your posts since you rarely provide useful information but I am generally willing to discuss something with you when you can do so without name calling but I guess thats not within your ability today. Good luck little buddy.

Simmons has had a lot time to spend with NBA trainers. He was suppose to return shortly after the all-star break last year. This definitely got him up to speed with all these attributes you are talking about. Plus he spent a lot of the off season training with NBA players like Lebron.

That's a legitimate position. Like I said, practice is improvement time so if he had it then there is valid argument. However, if it's just a month or a couple extra weeks I don't see how it matters much.

Rookies practice all summer too.

Yes, if you ignore the fact that MCW shot 40.2% from the field and Simmons is at 53.9%. Simmons is a transcendent player who affects the game in multiple ways. Mitchell is just a very good rookie who needs to score to make his mark.

He plays like Legend Larry without a shot. Some of his passes are pretty damn insane. He does rack up a lot of assists due to the system but so does everyone else these days.