What's new

More Mitchell Love

Simmons has been a beast. He's getting close to or having a triple double nearly every game. Donovan really needs some impressive games to close out the season to win ROY. However, at this point I think it's either going to be Simmons or a dual award. Which really sucks, because Mitchell has done some amazing things this season.

Simmons is going to average 20~10~10
in a year or 2 . He is already averaging
16~8~8 in his rookie year.

Both are deserving but BS did have a full year absorbing the professional game - a luxury that DM did not, yet still excelled at.

To avoid this BS in the future they should award ROTY only to the players that were drafted immediately prior to the beginning of the current season. If a player is injured for an entire season - tough luck. I'd say the same if BS' and DM's situations were reversed.

Nonsense. Young players need to get used to the pace and increased speed, athleticism, and strength of opponents. Sitting behind the bench doesn't give them some magical benefit.

Go to a junior college game and listen to the players. They all call out on defense what set the opponent is running. Even at that level they all pretty much know every NBA offensive and defensive scheme.

If they can't practice or play they aren't improving much outside of working out their non-injured body parts.

Nonsense. Young players need to get used to the pace and increased speed, athleticism, and strength of opponents. Sitting behind the bench doesn't give them some magical benefit.

Go to a junior college game and listen to the players. They all call out on defense what set the opponent is running. Even at that level they all pretty much know every NBA offensive and defensive scheme.

If they can't practice or play they aren't improving much outside of working out their non-injured body parts.
Simmons has had a lot time to spend with NBA trainers. He was suppose to return shortly after the all-star break last year. This definitely got him up to speed with all these attributes you are talking about. Plus he spent a lot of the off season training with NBA players like Lebron.

Only 3 rookies in nba history have accumulated 1000 pts, 500 rebounds, 500 assists in their rookie season : Oscar robertson, magic, ben simmons

Someone should start “more Ben Simmons love” thread in general sports since this one is being ruined.
Then the mods could move all the Aussie posts to that thread and get this one back to what it should be about.

Simmons could have 20 triple doubles by now if Brett brown did not choose to rest him in the 4th quarter of the last dozen matches.

Honestly......Donovan’s gonna need one monster of a game today and a win....cause Simmons has had one amazing day today......but I believe he will. 30+ from Donovan today. Mark it down.

You had ?? marks though... you asked a question haha.

Lol. Of course youre not watching #StayIgnorant

Anyway Simmons playing with No Embiid, No Saric so I expect a super aggressive Simmons.
So Simmons has the ball with the shot clock winding down at the three point line on the left wing, his defender gave him a ****ing 10-15 foot cushion, BS drives in, his man just stands his ground and he shoots a 10ft fadeaway and clanks it. That's not good basketball. You either shoot a wide open three or drive in for a layup or get fouled, not shoot a 10 ft fadeaway. Lol

So Simmons has the ball with the shot clock winding down at the three point line on the left wing, his defender gave him a ****ing 10-15 foot cushion, BS drives in, his man just stands his ground and he shoots a 10ft fadeaway and clanks it. That's not good basketball. You either shoot a wide open three or drive in for a layup or get fouled, not shoot a 10 ft fadeaway. Lol
I'm sorry but this is the worst basketball play I've seen in some time