What's new

More Mitchell Love

Well put. I was thinking the same thing. Who would I rather have? I came to the same conclusion you did. Not just because of how he plays, but for how he carries himself. His grace under pressure is amazing. Whether it is in front of the camera, or in crunch time, the kid is truly amazing. He is so composed, that I don't think it would bother him to not get ROY. Where as I think it would crush BS. So I kind of hope BS does get it. Donovan is going to be great regardless of winning the award or not. I get the impression he will keep working to improve his game until he is unstoppable. He is pretty close at times now. BS will be great, but wouldn't trade DM for anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app
Yeah...he’s gold.

And just for further appreciation of Donovan...... Trey Lyles was on a podcast where he said he “unfortunately” was drafted by Utah, and went on to complain about 3 hour practices. The dude is such a cry baby. I didn’t like him the day they drafted him, and I’ve grown to like him much less. As a side note Richard Jefferson said he loved playing here......love and enjoy Donovan to the fullest extent everyone. The kids work ethic is amazing, his charisma is amazing, his embracment of being here is amazing, and to top it off he’s amaing at basketball. He’s a breath of fresh air and I hope we all appreciate him as much as we should......

There we go, back to Donovan love. We love you Donovan.

Yeah...he’s gold.

And just for further appreciation of Donovan...... Trey Lyles was on a podcast where he said he “unfortunately” was drafted by Utah, and went on to complain about 3 hour practices. The dude is such a cry baby. I didn’t like him the day they drafted him, and I’ve grown to like him much less. As a side note Richard Jefferson said he loved playing here......love and enjoy Donovan to the fullest extent everyone. The kids work ethic is amazing, his charisma is amazing, his embracment of being here is amazing, and to top it off he’s amaing at basketball. He’s a breath of fresh air and I hope we all appreciate him as much as we should......

There we go, back to Donovan love. We love you Donovan.

Lyles really complained about long practices? That makes a lot of sense for him. Its too bad that he probably wont figure out how to work hard until its too late for him. He has the talent to be a really good stretch 4. He has all the skills and physical tools to be good, just not the mental side.

Lyles really complained about long practices? That makes a lot of sense for him. Its too bad that he probably wont figure out how to work hard until its too late for him. He has the talent to be a really good stretch 4. He has all the skills and physical tools to be good, just not the mental side.
The conversation was between him and Jefferson and went basically he said unfortunatly he was drafted here. Jefferson asked him why, and Trey asked Jefferson if he liked playing in Utah, Jefferson said he liked it. Lyles asked who his coach was when he was here, Jefferson of course said Corbin. Lyles replied basically saying, yeah so you guys didn’t practice much. Then said “yeah, yeah we had practice every day” Jefferson responded jokingly saying “sorry for making you work hard” Lyles said “felt like I was in Kentucky again....3 hour practices come on now, Game 70 and still 3 hour practices”....basically I don’t think he liked being here that much, and on top of it is petty and bitter that Quin was hard on him. He has the everything was your fault and none of it was mine attitude......have we all thanked God for Donovan yet today and prayed he never changes?

PS-Lyles may be the most mono-toned boring person to listen to ever.

The highlight of Trey Lyles career was being traded for Donovan Mitchell. Love that the Jazz making the playoffs likely means that The Nuggets miss the postseason.

Thanks Denver.
Yeah, thanks. You took a player who’s main goal is to ease his way through his career with the drive to avoid hard practices for a guy who is one of the most driven, charismatic, hard working, best teammates in the league.....we truly should start investigating who sold their soul to get us Donovan.

The conversation was between him and Jefferson and went basically he said unfortunatly he was drafted here. Jefferson asked him why, and Trey asked Jefferson if he liked playing in Utah, Jefferson said he liked it. Lyles asked who his coach was when he was here, Jefferson of course said Corbin. Lyles replied basically saying, yeah so you guys didn’t practice much. Then said “yeah, yeah we had practice every day” Jefferson responded jokingly saying “sorry for making you work hard” Lyles said “felt like I was in Kentucky again....3 hour practices come on now, Game 70 and still 3 hour practices”....basically I don’t think he liked being here that much, and on top of it is petty and bitter that Quin was hard on him. He has the everything was your fault and none of it was mine attitude......have we all thanked God for Donovan yet today and prayed he never changes?

that was funny as .. he just sounds like a lazy drug ****ed loser. Best bit was when Jefferson said "sorry he made you work hard" and "what's wrong with working hard"

that was funny as .. he just sounds like a lazy drug ****ed loser. Best bit was when Jefferson said "sorry he made you work hard" and "what's wrong with working hard"
Jefferson’s a super likeable guy, very funny. Lyles is everything opposite. Someone like Donovan would be great at whatever he did, wherever he did it. Donovan seems like someone who could literally be the best at whatever he ended up doing in life inside or outside of sports. Lyles is about as opposite as you can get. We got so lucky it’s still hard to believe at times.

Haven't listened because **** lyles but I wish Jefferson had a told him a few hard truths when that come up. Something like:

"You know you need to work hard in this league right?" or
"So... I can understand why you were traded"

Haven't listened because **** lyles but I wish Jefferson had a told him a few hard truths when that come up. Something like:

"You know you need to work hard in this league right?" or
"So... I can understand why you were traded"

he pretty much said that without saying it.

This whole Lyles saga raises questions about how good our draft screening and interview process is.

Mitchell definitely doesn’t get enough credit for his passing. He’s great with pinpoint accuracy and lookaways. He’s an excellent passer and is more than capable of averaging a bunch of assists. But our offense isn’t tailored for one dude to do that (Rubio is way below his career average in our system) we spread the assists around. And he’s a shooting guard who is asked to be a scorer first and often doesn’t touch the ball until there is only time for him to make a play.

Actual stats are better than potential stats, and Simmons still has a huge lead but I honestly can’t think of a big complaint for Mitchell’s passing. And anyone who can I’m guessing it’s small stuff. Assist numbers is largely a usage and playcalling thing.

He usually has no interest in rebounding on the defensive end. But he definitely can get up for important, contested ones. it’d be nice if he could get a good feel for how the ball will bounce off the rim. 5-6ishRPG would be a great goal and very possible for him.

Someone give me a single reason to think Mitchell can’t be 25/7/5 at 47/38/85ish percentages with about 2spg, and an above average defender who is known to be ‘clutch’.

Do you know how good a player that is? And there is good reason to have those types of expectations. That’s so exiciting.

Don’t be disappointed if his numbers aren’t that good. But if we give him the regular ‘rookie to prime’ improvement rate stats then it’s not unreasonable at all. Hes at a level of potential talent that we haven’t had since Malone.

Lillard was 22 years old his rookie season and played 6 more minutes per game.

Averaged 19/6.5/3 on 50%eFG (Donovan also currently at 50%)

Per 36 rookie years:
Lillard: 18/6/3
Donovan: 22/4/4

Today Lillard is at 27/4.5/6.5 52%eFG

Mitchell is amazing on and off the court. He is an absolute revelation for a team that doesn't have a strong history of strong SG and SF play or superstar personalities. He has a chance of changing our franchise in ways we could only dream about.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Someone give me a single reason to think Mitchell can’t be 25/7/5 at 47/38/85ish percentages with about 2spg, and an above average defender who is known to be ‘clutch’.

Do you know how good a player that is? And there is good reason to have those types of expectations. That’s so exiciting.

Don’t be disappointed if his numbers aren’t that good. But if we give him the regular ‘rookie to prime’ improvement rate stats then it’s not unreasonable at all. Hes at a level of potential talent that we haven’t had since Malone.
I doubt he gets 7 assists because I don't think Snyder's system sets up for 7 assists per game. Look how Rubios assist numbers dropped this year. I also think Mitchell still will play a lot of SG. I guess that depends on who else they are able to add to help though. I doubt he will be asked to initiate the offense every time down the court unless they just add a bunch of shooters around him. Other than that I agree with you. 25/5/5 is very possible.

I doubt he gets 7 assists because I don't think Snyder's system sets up for 7 assists per game. Look how Rubios assist numbers dropped this year. I also think Mitchell still will play a lot of SG. I guess that depends on who else they are able to add to help though. I doubt he will be asked to initiate the offense every time down the court unless they just add a bunch of shooters around him. Other than that I agree with you. 25/5/5 is very possible.
If he becomes a superstar he could transisition into being more ball dominant and having an offense made to get him more stats. Similar to when Harden went to Houston suddenly he was putting up huge assist numbers.

You’re right it may never happen. But if it doesn’t it’s not because he lacks the skills to be a high volume assist guy.

Exciting to wonder where he will be 5 years from now.