What's new

More Mitchell Love

Countdown on Most 3 point makes by a Rookie: Post Hawks - 3/20/18

1.) Damian Lillard, Portland (12/13) - 185
2.) Steph Curry, GSW (09/10) - 166
3.) Donovan Mitchell, Utah (17/18) - 160

Lillard shot 36.8% as a rookie. His career mark is 37.0%.

Curry shot 43.7% as a rookie. His career mark is 43.6%.

Mitchell is at 33.8%.

I think it is worth mentioning that both Lillard and Curry came out after their senior years. And yeah, Mitchell isn't a Robin to anyone else, nor has he had a Robin.

That being said, when you're shooting 2/17 from three in your last two games and seem to get everything you want inside, maybe do the latter more and the former less.

It seems fairly evident to me that he's aware of the record and is gunning for it. Which is fine if he makes shots.

I think it is worth mentioning that both Lillard and Curry came out after their senior years. And yeah, Mitchell isn't a Robin to anyone else, nor has he had a Robin.

That being said, when you're shooting 2/17 from three in your last two games and seem to get everything you want inside, maybe do the latter more and the former less.

It seems fairly evident to me that he's aware of the record and is gunning for it. Which is fine if he makes shots.

Yup, you gotta recognize when your shot is way off and do something else for a minute.

My hell the kids had a little trouble from 3 as of late get over it. Damian Lillard shot 0/7 from 3 last night and 5/17 from the field last night, and he had McCollum to defer to....this **** happens. Donovan’s has a huge work load, is still playing fine, and will be fine. That 3 is going to drop and in order for it to he has to keep shooting it. Lillard lives off horrible shot selection and everyone here likely loves his game, including myself. Donovan is fine and should keep shooting.

It's worth mentioning that Curry is the greatest shooter the world has seen.

Lillard would've had similar percentages with increased usage. That said, Mitchell does take a couple of bad shots a game.
He takes a few questionable shots, but a guy like Lillard every shot he takes is what looks to be a low percentage bad shot, and every Jazz fan salivates over him being here taking those shots. The grass is always greener...or you don’t fully realize what you have when you see it every night. We have a super star, and we need to let him do whatever he needs to to become one.

I think we can all agree it would be super nice to have another dependable scorer and it would be nice if some of Mitchell's workload went to that person.

I am worried Donovan is developing bad habits. Players usually have a tough time significantly changing how they play and/or their usage rates, and Mitchell's is just absurd.

I think we can all agree it would be super nice to have another dependable scorer and it would be nice if some of Mitchell's workload went to that person.

I am worried Donovan is developing bad habits. Players usually have a tough time significantly changing how they play and/or their usage rates, and Mitchell's is just absurd.
I don’t think these are habits yet. I think he’s doing what he’s being asked to do by the coaches and his teammates. They are all willing to give him the ball and put it on him, especially at the end of the game. This isn’t just Donovan doing whatever he wants.

He’s not or at least doesn’t seem to be the guy who’s gonna go out there and just disregard teammates and coaches and do what he wants. He’s being asked to do these things because he’s the best option.

I do get where you’re coming from, your basically saying now is the time to reel it in so he doesn’t get so used to it he isn’t willing to change....and I would love to see some of the pressure be taken off him, but someone else must step up and knock down some shots, or at least take them.

Ingles needs to shoot when hes open, he passes up too many open shots. Crowder could take a few more in games like last night. Royce, if your shots not going work on it, those wide open 3s have to go up and he’s good enough to knock a few down. Jerebko and Exum. His teammates are capable of taking and hitting some shots but it’s time for them to take on a little of the work load.

They clogged the paint. And with no one else hitting shots they had no reason to move.

Sent from my XT1575 using JazzFanz mobile app

I’m responding to this only because you mentioned clogging the paint.

I see this as an issue for our shooting. Defenses don’t have to clog the paint on Gobert because he stinks offensively so teams can play off him and on the perimeter shooters a little more.

I’m responding to this only because you mentioned clogging the paint.

I see this as an issue for our shooting. Defenses don’t have to clog the paint on Gobert because he stinks offensively so teams can play off him and on the perimeter shooters a little more.
he draws help from his rolls, but it requires everyone else spacing.

Lillard shot 36.8% as a rookie. His career mark is 37.0%.

Curry shot 43.7% as a rookie. His career mark is 43.6%.

Mitchell is at 33.8%.

Curry is possibly the greatest shooter of all time.
Lillard is a better shooter than dm but they are somewhat close.

Hell of a post

I wonder what the % of catch and shoot opportunities Curry and Lillard had as opposed to Mitchell. Donovan seems to have to jack up a bunch of off the dribble 3's because we're relying on him to create so much. I think his 3 pt % would / will skyrocket when we get some other guys creating more and he gets a few more corner / catch&shoot 3's atm he ain't getting any easy stuff at all