What's new

More Mitchell Love

A couple of those were late-clock heaves, including the last shot of the game. If he's 7/17 or 7/18, that's about 40% and okay for the looks he's getting.
Some of the people voting won’t care if some of his shots were late in the shot clock heaves.... I agree he’s forced into a lot of them.

I love Donovan to death but I’m not going to lie to myself to somehow convince myself of something. Donovan is worthy of ROY but his inefficiency lately is a problem. It’s not a knock on Donovan but Simmons has been incredible the last few weeks and his team is also winning.

Simmons had 13 points, 12 rebounds, 11 assists, 1 steal, 2 blocks. That’s a very solid night. Donovan also had a very solid night.

Sorry but you can’t minimize what simmons has done and is doing or you lose all credibility in this argument. It’s still a bit of a toss up, but Donovan’s gonna need a strong last 6 games and the Jazz must make the playoffs for him to get the award.

Im not minimizing his play. I am just comparing him to Mitchell and he is not as good. He is the second best rookie though.

I am pointing out that the statement he made was factual inaccurate based on stats.

What Simmons is doing is impressive. It just isnt on the same level as what Mitchell is doing. Mitchell is offensively carrying a team into the playoffs. Only a couple of other rookies have ever done that.

Im not minimizing his play. I am just comparing him to Mitchell and he is not as good. He is the second best rookie though.

I am pointing out that the statement he made was factual inaccurate based on stats.

What Simmons is doing is impressive. It just isnt on the same level as what Mitchell is doing. Mitchell is offensively carrying a team into the playoffs. Only a couple of other rookies have ever done that.
I don’t disagree with you on what Donovan’s doing, but your arguments are looking through a homers lense. I want Donovan to win it, I also think he deserves it.....if you asked me to put money on a bet right now for it, I would bet Simmons gets the award, and there’s really not any legitimate argument he doesn’t deserve it too.

I don’t disagree with you on what Donovan’s doing, but your arguments are looking through a homers lense. I want Donovan to win it, I also think he deserves it.....if you asked me to put money on a bet right now for it, I would bet Simmons gets the award, and there’s really not any legitimate argument he doesn’t deserve it too.

Of course I am looking at it through homer glasses. Everyone on this board is. Every Jazz fan is. Well except our Australian homer "Jazz" fans. They have to look through their other homer glasses first.

I dont really care who ends up winning it. My argument has nothing to do with what a bunch of people who hardly watch the Jazz think. I am basing my argument on who is actually deserving of it. That is Mitchell with Simmons coming in 2nd.

If Mitchell wins he deserves it, if he doesnt its because most the East Coast guys down watch the Jazz and it sways their vote. Unless something drastically changes in the final few games.

What are you talking about? Simmons is not getting stronger. He is having the worst month of his career. His assists are slightly up but he is struggling to score, he is averaging 12.7 ppg and somehow he is getting worse at shooting FTs which is scary.

Meanwhile Mitchell, despite defenses completely focusing on him, is averaging 23.1 ppg this month which is the most of any month so far. His 3 point shot has been poor this month but pretty much every other aspect is up over his season averages. Mitchell is almost averaging double the points of Simmons this month. I think Mitchell is starting to pull away for ROY.

His assists are slightly up lmao. He has had 169 assists in 16 games at 10.6 assists per game in March which leads the NBA.
What is a lot in your opinion

His assists are slightly up lmao. He has had 169 assists in 16 games at 10.6 assists per game in March which leads the NBA.
What is a lot in your opinion
His assists were great. They went up 2 per game, thats not a big jump. Its great but going up by 2 is what I would call going up a little bit. I dont know what I would call a lot. Probably if they went up by 5 I would call that a lot. I also didnt point out that Mitchells asssists and rebounds are up this month because they werent a big enough jump to mention.

His assists were great. They went up 2 per game, thats not a big jump. Its great but going up by 2 is what I would call going up a little bit. I dont know what I would call a lot. Probably if they went up by 5 I would call that a lot. I also didnt point out that Mitchells asssists and rebounds are up this month because they werent a big enough jump to mention.
Mitchell has had 262 assists all year Ben had 169 in a month lol
He was at 7.4 assists a game at the start of march he is now at 8.1
So he added 3.2 assists each game for the month of March ontop of the 7.4 he was averaging.
Donovan averages 3.4 a game for the whole year.

Last edited:
So he added 3.2 assists each game for the month of March ontop of the 7.4 he was averaging.

Yep, he is better at passing than Mitchell.

But if you can't score and you can't shoot he has to be good at something to keep him in the conversation with Mitchell. Good thing he has some really good offensive weapons around him and someone to carry the bill of the offensive load in Embiid.

How much do you actually watch Simmons? and be honest... It sounds like you just look at box scores and catch a clip on sportscenter every now and then.

Simmons is an ELITE defender both in team schemes and isolation, DM isnt even close. Its part of the argument that is always left out, especially by those who don't watch games.

How much do you actually watch Simmons? and be honest... It sounds like you just look at box scores and catch a clip on sportscenter every now and then.

Simmons is an ELITE defender both in team schemes and isolation, DM isnt even close. Its part of the argument that is always left out, especially by those who don't watch games.
Fairly often. They are my second favorite team. I like Embiid.

Also I'm not really sure what defense has to do with what I said.

How about you? Do you watch Simmon's more than Jazz? Be honest.

Youre making DMs case against Ben but only focusing on the 2 things DM is better at. Shooting (not scoring) and clutch points, literally EVERYTHING else is in Simmons favor including every advanced stat.

Also, with Embiid out now Simmons will be turning it up and becoming super aggressive, he'll be running down hill for the rest of the year.

Last edited:
As Jazz fans we value defense more than most fans, what Simmons does defensively is special.

We kick and scream for people to appreciate what Rudy does but ignore other elite defenders???

I haven't missed a Jazz game since they drafted Exum (check the game threads bro, Im watchin). Id say Id watch Philly twice a week on average.

As Jazz fans we value defense more than most fans, what Simmons does defensively is special.

We kick and scream for people to appreciate what Rudy does but ignore other elite defenders???

So if you have one a better shooter and better scorer and the other a better passer and better defender... wouldn’t that mean co-ROY? Both are great and both deserve it. Only thing against Simmons is he isn’t a rc. And only thing against Donovan is he plays for a small market. Both need to be recognized. And anything else would be a huge let down.

I've posted loss on the differences and even posted about defense of both of them. But those if you who are Exum and Simmons fans but also cheer for the Jazz have unrealistic views of Simmons

Also I've never kicked out screamed for anyone to respect what Rudy does. Every fan knows his impact after they watch him play against their team. Simmons defensive impact is not in the same conversation as Gobert.

So if you have one a better shooter and better scorer and the other a better passer and better defender... wouldn’t that mean co-ROY? Both are great and both deserve it. Only thing against Simmons is he isn’t a rc. And only thing against Donovan is he plays for a small market. Both need to be recognized. And anything else would be a huge let down.

Not a rookie... please.

And Rudy has played enough games to be DPOY.

Yeah, and Mitchell is going to break the record for 3s made by a rookie, while Simmons has made a grand total of ZERO 3s.

You can cherry pick stats in favor of Mitchell too. They're completely different players.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app