What's new

More Republicans try and kill Democrats

[David DePage] sounds like your average Republican.
In The Thriller's mind, the average Republican is a mentally ill and estranged from is family loser who tries to kill people with a hammer. That is "average". The Thriller thinks that if you are in a room full of Republicans then half will be worse than this guy. Ignoring for a moment that David DePage isn't a Republican, The Thriller thinks actual Republicans are on average like this guy. That is how The Thriller sees the world. Red, you really see The Thriller's way of seeing things as "righteous"?

1667153012682.gif
Here comes the deflection, the conspiracies, and the RW disinformation.

Every single ****ing time. Whether it’s Floyd, the 2020 election, Jan 6… Sigh

In reply to a tweet by Hillary Clinton, in which she condemned the attack on Paul Pelosi, Elon Musk retweeted a tweet containing this link, while telling Hillary that there was a “tiny chance” there was “more to the story”. Meaning maybe the story was true. Musk has since deleted his reply to Clinton. I saved the link before he deleted his tweet…

I shared it cause I saw it this morning. I like that guy's takes though.

Tbh, I still don't really know what happened and don't really care.
Even if 100% of what he said was confirmed true it wouldn't actually mean anything. His "information" was hollow yet presented as revelatory. I can obviously see what he's suggesting but what he said doesn't mean (even if true) that the unsaid part has any validity.

It is hate-filled bigotry. The mentally ill individual who broke in to the Pelosi's home was a Canadian, living in Berkeley, making hemp jewelry for a living, bought hard into anti-corporation conspiracy theories, and was registered with the Green Party. The title of this thread The Thriller chose is "More Republicans try and kill Democrats". The Thriller doesn't care if there is an actual Republican involved because he viewed it as another opportunity to brand Republicans as evil. And as usual you are justifying it as "righteous". Red, this is the stuff that makes me think as I do about you.
I agree with you, regarding the thread title. I’m thinking, yeah, that is poor. Nonetheless, I stand by what I said there. The attacker clearly bought into election denialism and QAnon nonsense. He echoed rhetoric that emanates from the far right ecosystem.

Even if 100% of what he said was confirmed true it wouldn't actually mean anything. His "information" was hollow yet presented as revelatory. I can obviously see what he's suggesting but what he said doesn't mean (even if true) that the unsaid part has any validity.
Was the attacker a far right republican? Or was he reported as one?

Again, I don't really know anything about this other than the video I saw and skimming one or two comments in the thread. Tbh, I didn't even know if the video I posted is the same incident as what the thread is about.

We live in a crazy world.

This is the crux of the issue for me. You're up in arms about how people are reacting to this, while simultaneously standing by your comment that rationalized someone being shot and closed it with "Perhaps this individual felt it was time for a republican to eat lead?" Of course you won't recognize that "this same type of rhetoric" is found on "the left" because statements like yours exist in a blind spot, where they are not seen as radicalization and hate, but rather as reasonably justified and as righteous indignation.

In The Thriller's mind, the average Republican is a mentally ill and estranged from is family loser who tries to kill people with a hammer. That is "average". The Thriller thinks that if you are in a room full of Republicans then half will be worse than this guy. Ignoring for a moment that David DePage isn't a Republican, The Thriller thinks actual Republicans are on average like this guy. That is how The Thriller sees the world. Red, you really see The Thriller's way of seeing things as "righteous"?
So I looked again at the full quote from Thriller. I have not seen many Republicans condemning the things that both Thriller, and I, and others, are so concerned about. Election denialism is embraced by Republicans. The MAGA wing appears to be dominating the party. The MAGA wing is enveloped in irrational conspiracism. With that in mind, this is what Thriller said:

Radicalized by Republican elected officials and right wing media. He sounds like your average Republican. The only difference is he acted on the rhetoric we see daily rather than “understanding it was all a big game or joke.”
I think he’s saying that since MAGA and far right rhetoric seems to be acceptable to the Republican Party in 2022, than that is now the stance of the average elected Republican, and their rhetoric, and the same rhetoric from right wing media, radicalized DePage. He echoes the same nonsense they do. Both DePage, and Republicans in general, have basically succumb to the same nonsense spun off Trump’s Big Lie and the embrace of conspiracism.

What Thriller did not say is this:

In The Thriller's mind, the average Republican is a mentally ill and estranged from is family loser who tries to kill people with a hammer.

Thriller did not say that the average Republican ACTS as you describe, or that the average Republican is mentally ill. He said DePage SOUNDS like the average Republican, in that DePage is voicing the same conspiratorial nonsense presently infecting the Republican Party. Don’t some 80% of registered Republicans believe the Big Lie? That’s a shame, but it does not mean they all own hammers, and they’re all just waiting for the first Democrat to come within range.

You’re not fond of the Thriller, and you often exaggerate, as you have in this instance. You twist things to suit your opinion of Thriller. He did not say the average Republican tries to kill people with a hammer. That’s you saying that’s what you believe The Thriller said.

It does seem like the average Republican believes the Big Lie. I doubt, I hope, that a small % only buy into the most extreme nonsense emanating from the far Right. I would never say all that loopy nonsense is embraced by all Republicans.

Last edited:
I agree with you, regarding the thread title. I’m thinking, yeah, that is poor. Nonetheless, I stand by what I said there. The attacker clearly bought into election denialism and QAnon nonsense. He echoed rhetoric that emanates from the far right ecosystem.
The biggest problem I have with the thread title is the "try and kill" part.

The biggest problem I have with the thread title is the "try and kill" part.
Yeah, agree, that was a poor choice for the thread title. Once launched, I just went with the subject matter. Having my attention drawn back to the thread title, yeah, I must agree with AI-O-Meter that that’s over the top, and if DePage was last registered with the Green Party, not accurate specific to DePage.

@Thriller
May I suggest a new thread title?

"Deranged QAnon Conspiracy Dupe Tried to Kill Husband of Prominent Democrat"

emphasis on "Tried to Kill" vs "Tried and Kill" which is along the same lines as saying "he could of killed him" vs "he could have killed him."

You’re not fond of the Thriller, and you often exaggerate, as you have in this instance. You twist things to suit your opinion of Thriller. He did not say the average Republican tries to kill people with a hammer. That’s you saying that’s what you believe The Thriller said.
What I am doing is directly quoting The Thriller. What he wrote was "Republicans try and kill Democrats". The Thriller was painting with the broadest brush and with the most poisonous paint. The Thriller is a bigot, and yes I am not fond of that kind of poison being in public school administration. It also registers a zero on the surprise meter that you are endeavoring to spin "Republicans try and kill Democrats" to mean "one mentally ill guy sounds like elected Republicans sound."

Red, this is the stuff that makes me think as I do about you.
Our president sat watching TV for how long while a mob rampaged through Congress? A couple of hours, did nothing. Then, when he finally gets off his *** to ask his mob to go home, tells them “we love you”.

As time passes, his party, the Republican Party, embraces as dogma the reason Trump said the mob acted that day: Joe Biden and the Democrats stole the 2020 election. Biden is an illegitimate president.

This is the state of affairs. One of our two major political parties is divorced from reality. Many elected representatives of that party no doubt divorced for political expediency, and not because they believe the lie they support publicly and promote when prompted.

Your Republican Party allowed itself, and the Oval Office, to be taken over by the most toxic cult of personality in the history of our nation.

And to all this we get silence or dismissal, we get crickets from AI-O-Meter, we get told that Leftists are lying to forum members.

Imagine what I must think of you, AI-O-Meter. If I ever forgot that you were a human being, just like me.

This is the state of affairs. One of our two major political parties is divorced from reality.
Both of our two major political parties are fielding hundreds of candidates in races big and small for an election that is days away. The candidates are men and women from all different backgrounds. There are fundraisers, campaign stops, political advertisements, and yard signs. Public opinion polls speak on who is more likely to win, and Op/Ed writers are generating content to advance the prospects of those they want to see prevail. It is the same as it ever was, and even for some of the ugliness it is still great.

The only party divorced from reality are the disaffected who see this as a battle of good versus evil, a fight for the existence of democracy, of fascism versus the opposite of fascism, of ghosts from the past they can’t let go of. I am truly sorry that you see one of our two major parties as being divorced from reality because it says more about you than it does either of the political parties or the mostly good people who only want the best and may vote red or blue in the upcoming election.

Both of our two major political parties are fielding hundreds of candidates in races big and small for an election that is days away. The candidates are men and women from all different backgrounds. There are fundraisers, campaign stops, political advertisements, and yard signs. Public opinion polls speak on who is more likely to win, and Op/Ed writers are generating content to advance the prospects of those they want to see prevail. It is the same as it ever was, and even for some of the ugliness it is still great.

The only party divorced from reality are the disaffected who see this as a battle of good versus evil, a fight for the existence of democracy, of fascism versus the opposite of fascism, of ghosts from the past they can’t let go of. I am truly sorry that you see one of our two major parties as being divorced from reality because it says more about you than it does either of the political parties or the mostly good people who only want the best and may vote red or blue in the upcoming election.
You need a serious dose of reality. How timely. This evening’s 60 Minutes. A dose of reality that will for sure go right over your head. This is the reality you refuse to acknowledge, you smug clown….

It's the vote that holds America together—belief that with a ballot voices are heard, disputes are addressed and there's always another chance. Countries without this belief tend to be in bondage or at war. Election Day is coming, but across America belief is under attack. Politicians who say the 2020 election was stolen are running for governor in 19 states; attorney general in 10; and in 12 states, election deniers are running for secretary of state, which would give them power over elections. After two years of investigations and audits no fraud or error has been found in any state that would change the 2020 outcome. But in 2022, spreading doubt has been key to an endorsement from Donald Trump.

Scott Pelley(speaking to Az. GOP Sec. Of State candidate Mark Finchem): All of these accusations, the case in Yuma—scaremongering. The Brian Watson email—scaremongering. You called Arizona the epicenter of fraud, it's scaremongering. It's not the fraud that is breaking people's faith in our elections, it's people like you.

————————————————————————————-

And it’s clowns like you, AI-O-Meter. You’re an apologist for where the fault lies. You’re transparent to me.

Last edited: