What's new

My daughter running a timed 40 yard dash

What’s up, stranger?
Hey bro.. just doin the thing. Just got back from 6 weeks in the Keys. My kids schools think I’m terrible for pulling them out in long stretches. I’m comfortable with who they are and they’re trajectory.

So you have two now??? Or three? Get your back patio finished? Haha

Hey bro.. just doin the thing. Just got back from 6 weeks in the Keys. My kids schools think I’m terrible for pulling them out in long stretches. I’m comfortable with who they are and they’re trajectory.

So you have two now??? Or three? Get your back patio finished? Haha

Three. And yeah, that patio’s been done for over five years, goof. How old are the kids who are in school? What are your oldest up to? Working? College? And what Keys? Islamorada?

Three. And yeah, that patio’s been done for over five years, goof. How old are the kids who are in school? What are your oldest up to? Working? College? And what Keys? Islamorada?
I have 6.
One daughter is 30 with 4 of her own.
Son that is 22 and manages logistics in healthcare.
Son that is 19 going to Southern UTAH University for who knows what..
Son at home that’s 14 and a rockstar (not literally)
Daughter that is 11 and is a YouTube sensation singing classical crossover opera
Son that is 8 that constantly makes weird faces that annoy me

Got an amazing, amazing, amazing home on Islamorada. Good guess!

Training has continued and I’m going to cut back a little as she gets closer to her spring soccer season. Maybe only do a workout a week. Possibly two.

In any case, the improvement is cool. She’ll do 100 meter reps on Friday, weather permitting. Gonna have her do it on the curb which is obviously slower than a straightaway. Hoping she can break 20 seconds. I think sub 19.5 is possible but we’ll see. Either way, huge improvement. She ran 51 seconds for 200 meters this past August, five months ago. Right now, she’d be damn close to breaking 41. And I’m thinking by this August as an older 7 year old, she might be able to crack 37.

The AAU record for an 8 year old is 28.96 FA. Which is flying. I coached really solid females in high school about 20 years ago and they were running high 24’s/low 25’s.

In any case, I might just stop entirely during soccer season and up until about mid-August for about four months since, ya know, she’s a God damn kid. See how she reacts.

And oh yeah, the kid needs to grow. She’s small. If she sprouts up (I’m 6’2” and the wife is 5’7”), that’ll help.

Last edited:
Training has continued and I’m going to cut back a little as she gets closer to her spring soccer season. Maybe only do a workout a week. Possibly two.

In any case, the improvement is cool. She’ll do 100 meter reps on Friday, weather permitting. Gonna have her do it on the curb which is obviously slower than a straightaway. Hoping she can break 20 seconds. I think sub 19.5 is possible but we’ll see. Either way, huge improvement. She ran 51 seconds for 200 meters this past August, five months ago. Right now, she’d be damn close to breaking 41. And I’m thinking by this August as an older 7 year old, she might be able to crack 37.

The AAU record for an 8 year old is 28.96 FA. Which is flying. I coached really solid females in high school about 20 years ago and they were running high 24’s/low 25’s.

In any case, I might just stop entirely during soccer season and up until about mid-August for about four months since, ya know, she’s a God damn kid. See how she reacts.

And oh yeah, the kid needs to grow. She’s small. If she sprouts up (I’m 6’2” and the wife is 5’7”), that’ll help.
That is awesome. Does she really like the running?

Just measured out 120 feet and on grass in cleats, my daughter ran a 7.0 40.

Last year’s time can be ignored…it was a 6.7 but I think I did it about five yards short or something so it was probably around a 7.6.

She’s gotten a lot faster the last six months. If she would grow, that would help a ton. She’s due for a 4+ inch growth spurt in one year.

Also, I may have her do this on a track tomorrow since that’s what I have had her do every year and this time, unlike last year, actually ensure it’s the correct distance. Maybe she’d be faster on the track...she should be but cleats, grass or not, help, and on the track she’s only in flats.

Last edited:
If she would grow, that would help a ton. She’s due for a 4+ inch growth spurt in one year.
If she refuses to get taller then threaten her with longer practices. Desiree Linden never got over 5'1" but her races are a bit longer than 7 seconds.

If she refuses to get taller then threaten her with longer practices. Desiree Linden never got over 5'1" but her races are a bit longer than 7 seconds.

Ha. It’s crazy how much she’s improved since January. She did this hill. It’s pretty steep and exactly 160 meters long. In January she ran 57.0 seconds. I noted that I think in different conditions she could have run 51-52.

Last week, she did two of them with four minutes of rest in between them. She ran 44.9 and 44.3. She also stumbled a tiny bit on the 44.3. I think fresh, she could break 42.0. Maybe 41.0. Guessing she could break 39.0 for a 200 on a track.

Last edited:
She ran 7.0 on a track today too in flats. And 19.0 for the 100 meters. Lol.

My five year old son (turns 6 in December) ran a 7.7 40 and 22.1 for the 100 meters. Didn’t even look like he was trying all out on the latter either.

The 8 and under record is 13.65. He’s got 3 years and four months to get there!!!

Fwiw my son asked me to come to the track today…multiple times…he’s signed up for flag football, rec soccer and pre-travel soccer…so he’ll be active.

She ran 7.0 on a track today too in flats. And 19.0 for the 100 meters. Lol.

My five year old son (turns 6 in December) ran a 7.7 40 and 22.1 for the 100 meters. Didn’t even look like he was trying all out on the latter either.

The 8 and under record is 13.65. He’s got 3 years and four months to get there!!
That is awesome! My kid runs like Fred Flintstone; only his legs move. His upper body doesn't look like it knows it is running. There is zero arm swing or lean in to the run.

Be careful. If your daughter becomes too good at her sport she might be accused of being a man.

"The school went back to kindergarten and she'd always been a female," he said.

To protect the student's identity, Spatafore said he would not reveal the sport, the classification of play nor the school the student attended.

He told committee members about the events in response to their questions of whether the UHSAA, which sanctions and oversees high school activities, receives such complaints and how they are handled.

Spatafore said the association has received other complaints; some that said "that female athlete doesn't look feminine enough."

Oof