What's new

National Lampoon's European Vacation staring Donald Trump

I think maybe you listen to the left media more than me.
Probably not. The right-wing media spends a hell of a lot of time telling their audience what the left-wing media is doing, except in large part they are making it up. For instance they constantly tell their audience "What the mainstream media won't tell you is..." When I have demonstrated in my "Just in from CNN" thread, these things the left-wing media won't tell you, they are actually telling you. And then they say "What the left-wing media is saying is..." When in fact no major journalists are saying any such thing. But these people who get their information from right-wing media think they know what you (evil liberal) are being told, when in fact they don't have a ****ing clue.

I see MSNBC and CNN have a deep hold on you. My goodness, it's downright comical that you guys can spew so much hate while simultaneously claiming the other side or person is doing the very thing you're crying about. And by the way, it's not immigrants he's worried about, it's illegal immigrants like the one who killed Kate Steinle and many others, that shouldn't be that hard to process. It really isn't that hard to come to the USA legally, but let's not talk about that, right?

Thanks for making my point.

I think I may have watched a total of 20 hours of cable news in my life time. I mean, sometimes it's on at the gym or the airport. I don't care about whatever ignorant **** the rest of your post is about.

I see MSNBC and CNN have a deep hold on you. My goodness, it's downright comical that you guys can spew so much hate while simultaneously claiming the other side or person is doing the very thing you're crying about. And by the way, it's not immigrants he's worried about, it's illegal immigrants like the one who killed Kate Steinle and many others, that shouldn't be that hard to process. It really isn't that hard to come to the USA legally, but let's not talk about that, right?

You're right in the thick of the idiocy, aren't you?

A) You are aware that they are removing citizenship from naturalized citizens, right? I mean, except his wife.
B) Studies have shown that immigrants, whether legal or illegal, actually commit crimes at a lower rate than natural born citizens. So talking about the statistically few who do commit crimes is just racist and idiotic.

A) You are aware that they are removing citizenship from naturalized citizens, right? I mean, except his wife.
B) Studies have shown that immigrants, whether legal or illegal, actually commit crimes at a lower rate than natural born citizens. So talking about the statistically few who do commit crimes is just racist and idiotic.

The few are a few too many when it comes to crime. I just don't see where all of the hate is coming from for asking that people who wish to live in a country do so legally? It doesn't make any logical sense in any way to react negatively to enforcing the rule of law and border security. I have lived all over the world, and I also lived in all of those countries legally through a vetting process with that particular country. And please don't talk to me about racism when you clearly don't even know the meaning of the word. Race has nothing to do with coming to a country legally.

Again, if you want to talk semantics we can do that till the cows come home but don't try to target me or anyone else with your hate mongering and accusatory comments like saying someone is a racist. Couldn't be farther from the truth and as I have already pointed out, you clearly don't know the meaning of the word.

In any event, rather than call out insults like a few of you have already resulted in doing, I'll just wish you a good rest of your day.

Again, if you want to talk semantics we can do that till the cows come home but don't try to target me or anyone else with your hate mongering and accusatory comments like saying someone is a racist. Couldn't be farther from the truth and as I have already pointed out, you clearly don't know the meaning of the word.

You're right, I apologize. You're not (necessarily) a racist, merely a xenophobe. Although, to be fair to me, most xenophobes are also racists.

It is funny to me that someone who supports separating families for not having the right paperwork is talking about how the other side is hateful...

One thing worth pointing out is most of the national media **** storm revolves around the political people fighting over opinion presented as critical thinking journalism that's clearly biased. Ignore all that and you won't have a problem.
That I agree with. A lot of people don't see the difference between news and news stations/papers doing opinion pieces.

I doubt that an analysis of the evidence would back up your claim. Your comment about him is likely more hateful than anything you could find of him talking about anybody else.

Perhaps but his show is nothing but trash propaganda. His show sucks and so does he.

Phishing is a hacking technique.

Not really.

Phishing you gain entry or information through trickery, but the info/entry is given to you.

Hacking, you force entry to get the information.

There’s a difference between the two, although similar.

Basically, the DNC and other people got tricked into giving people access to their information. It’s not the same as somebody forcefully gaining entry.

You think the only way a person could come to that conclusion about Trump is because of MSNBC and CNN?

I don't actually watch cable news. CNN is a site I visit where I mostly read news stories. I don't go to CNN and think "Oh my! I had no idea Trump was so horrible." because of stuff I read there. I watch videos of Trump talking, not usually on CNN. The guy is a grade-A dumbass.

Here's a question: of those who support Trump, how many were fans of his reality show "The Apprentice"? I never watched it, but I get the impression it painted him as some kind of really successful business person and a lot of people think that's who he is.

I'll keep saying it because people seem to gloss over it, but Trump has not done very well with what he has.

--In 1977 Trump and Warren Buffett both had about 100 million dollars (Trump got the majority of that 100 million from his dad, and through deals that were directly mentored/brokered by his dad).

--Today Trump is worth about 3.3 Billion dollars.

--Today Warren Buffett is worth 60 billion dollars

--If Trump had put his 100 million dollars into a 401k in 1977 he'd be worth almost twice as much as he is now, more than 6 billion dollars. Trump has performed significantly worse than the market over the span of his real estate career.

Trump is not a very good business person. He's not a very good deal maker. He's really never been particularly good at anything and has always been infatuated with celebrity. He's a blowhard jackass. If you find that appealing it's because you're attracted to phoney *** schucksters.

You're right, I apologize. You're not (necessarily) a racist, merely a xenophobe. Although, to be fair to me, most xenophobes are also racists.

It is funny to me that someone who supports separating families for not having the right paperwork is talking about how the other side is hateful...

You mean the families where the parents have been sending their children with smugglers without them? And again, I am all for people of any race, color, nationality, any part of the Earth to come and enjoy the USA, just do it legally. Where was all of this uproar before this presidency? What's that? You couldn't give a flying ****? Well it happened just the same my friend, and you were nowhere to be found with your grandstanding and fake righteousness.

I didn't realize it was hateful to ask that people follow laws of a country, whether it be the US or Japan or anywhere. Thought that was just common sense to expect people to abide by the law.

I'll ask you one more time to stop trying to name call with your "name of the day" terms you have. Especially when the only thing I have said, repeatedly, is that there shouldn't be such an uproar about coming to this country or any country for that matter legally. That doesn't make me or anyone else a "ist" or "phobe" of the day of your choice. If you can't wrap your narrow mind around that without insults than we are effectively done.

You think the only way a person could come to that conclusion about Trump is because of MSNBC and CNN?[/B]

No, but it is the common one. I'll say this, if you truly do your own research and don't let the supposed news media (on either side for that matter), control your thought process than I applaud you. I just don't think there has to be an outright hatred of a president just because it is seemingly being shoved down everyone's throats that that is what you are supposed to do.

As for me, it's not the man, it's the policies and if I feel they are in the best interest of my country and my family, than I am for it. And no, I do not agree with every last little thing that this administration does or suggests. I can honestly say that while I definitely did not vote for Obama, I did root for him to succeed, to do otherwise I feel is not patriotic and downright ignorant.

No, but it is the common one. I'll say this, if you truly do your own research and don't let the supposed news media (on either side for that matter), control your thought process than I applaud you. I just don't think there has to be an outright hatred of a president just because it is seemingly being shoved down everyone's throats that that is what you are supposed to do.

As for me, it's not the man, it's the policies and if I feel they are in the best interest of my country and my family, than I am for it. And no, I do not agree with every last little thing that this administration does or suggests. I can honestly say that while I definitely did not vote for Obama, I did root for him to succeed, to do otherwise I feel is not patriotic and downright ignorant.

Interesting last sentence. Do you feel there are scenarios where rooting for or supporting a president is unpatriotic and ignorant?

Genuine question. No motive.

Interesting last sentence. Do you feel there are scenarios where rooting for or supporting a president is unpatriotic and ignorant?

Genuine question. No motive.

I suppose my logic here is just a simple question, why would you ever want your president to fail in office? If they fail, doesn't that hurt the country more often than not? So yes, I guess I do think it is both of those things because you don't have to like the person in the seat to want them to be successful at running the country. I do not necessarily like President Trump, but yes, I do want him, just as I wanted President Obama to succeed in every way possible while in that role for our country. Doesn't mean you have to like the individual, and that at the end of the day is my point.

I suppose my logic here is just a simple question, why would you ever want your president to fail in office? If they fail, doesn't that hurt the country more often than not? So yes, I guess I do think it is both of those things because you don't have to like the person in the seat to want them to be successful at running the country. I do not necessarily like President Trump, but yes, I do want him, just as I wanted President Obama to succeed in every way possible while in that role for our country. Doesn't mean you have to like the individual, and that at the end of the day is my point.

I can see scenarios where a president is pursuing a path I truly feel is harmful to America and it’s people. To me Patriotism is to the ideals America is trying to/does stand for. Not an individual regardless of office, even the President.

For example. If a President pursued a path I felt violated our rights, say freedom of the press, I’d want him to fail in that regard.

I find it interesting that you cannot/do not/will not see that distinction.

Thank you for the reply

I think maybe you listen to the left media more than me.
I'm pretty sure you're right. If you haven't heard those things I would doubt you have listened to CNN, NBC, CBS or ABC in the last 18 months. There is no way you have read the New York Times, the Salt Lake Tribune, the Washington Post etc.

Can you provide a link for A?

Regarding B, it's ridiculous that people on both sides are lumping law abiding immigrants together with criminal immigrants. They are two different groups, and should be treated as such. The left is so anti-right that they find themselves defending the indefensible actions of certain immigrant criminals, while the right is so anti-left that they talk about throwing out law-abiding immigrants because they're from the same countries as certain scumbag immigrants. Let's deal with the felony criminals in a completely different way than we deal with the rest.

From what I have read about the Denaturalization task force it is on cases that used things like fake IDs and what not to become citizens. In that light I agree with the goal of the task force.

But the catch is how vetted are these cases? These are citizens we are talking about. There should be all sorts of checks and reviews and whatnot done to make sure, and they should be 100% SURE imo, that their citizenship is fraudulent. We cannot allow a policy that violates our rights. By principle. Target is irrelevant.

I highly doubt a level of review and checks, that I’d be comfortable with, on this task force has been established.

Perhaps but his show is nothing but trash propaganda. His show sucks and so does he.
I completely agree. IMO people do their cause a disservice (whether it be Hannity hating, Trump hating, Obama hating, Hillary hating, etc.) when they vastly overstate the facts.

Can you provide a link for A?

Googled "denaturalization" and this was literally the top link: https://www.thenation.com/article/trumps-denaturalization-task-force-matters/

ETA: I didn't mean that to come off snarky. I just meant that I didn't dig through to find the best result.

Regarding B, it's ridiculous that people on both sides are lumping law abiding immigrants together with criminal immigrants. They are two different groups, and should be treated as such. The left is so anti-right that they find themselves defending the indefensible actions of certain immigrant criminals, while the right is so anti-left that they talk about throwing out law-abiding immigrants because they're from the same countries as certain scumbag immigrants. Let's deal with the felony criminals in a completely different way than we deal with the rest.

I kinda get what you're saying here, but that misses the point. The point is that it doesn't matter what path they take to get here, once they are here, they obey the laws better than we do. And, of course, in the case of a large portion (I seem to recall that it's a majority) of illegal immigrants, they pay taxes without getting any particular benefit - I mean, besides road, police (altho they're afraid to take advantage or that), etc. But no food stamps/social security, etc.

Last edited: