What's new

NBADraft.net - Draft Buzz: "Utah Targeting Derrick Williams in 3 Team Deal"

I would do this deal only if we also get Washington's unprotected first round pick for 2012 (or whenever the next draft will be). If they want to move up 3 spots in this draft, they gotta cough up more...

No way just Millsap for 2nd. They've been offered Odom, Bynum, Gortat and 13th, Nash and Gasol. IMO those guys are better than Millsap

Yeah only problem with that statement is its untrue. They have been offered Odom and Gortat, which they smartly refused, and ASKED for Bynum, Pau and Nash and were laughed off the phone.

"a 2nd" doesn't have universal value. What you're saying is that Millsap is worth DWill2. If you don't realize this is a gamble, then you're fooling yourself. IT MIGHT BE.

I understand this, but in order to play the game, you have to be willing to gamble. You have to give up something to get what you want. Millsap has reached his potential IMO. He won't give you more than what he already has. I have read articles stating that many experts believe that Williams is a star in the making. If the Jazz think so, giving up Millsap is a no brainer. Go after him.

Odom and Gortat are both worse than Millsap. Half of these rumors aren't even true. Lakers offered Gasol for 2 and Kevin Love not just the number 2 pick. Nash is 37 and in a contract year. He would just leave Minny the next year for a chance at a championship.

And you know all of this from where? Either you have way too much time on your hands to surf the net or you're a scout and can tell us all the in's and out's of what every team is going to do.

Neither, its been on ESPN. Of course, they could be full of it

I have read articles stating that many experts believe that Williams is a star in the making. If the Jazz think so, giving up Millsap is a no brainer. Go after him.

#1. There are as many reports saying that he's a tweener and will have a difficult time on defense
#2. I'm trying to get in the way of any opinion that says "Giving up Millsap is a no brainer". It's not. Period.

Good grief, I'd rather sit at 3 and have either Kanter or Williams or Irving, than lose Millsap to move one spot. No need to trade up.

And as much as I dislike Devin Harris, I'd rather keep him than end up with Flynn.

#1. There are as many reports saying that he's a tweener and will have a difficult time on defense
#2. I'm trying to get in the way of any opinion that says "Giving up Millsap is a no brainer". It's not. Period.

You're not reading what I said. I said, "If the Jazz think so, giving up Millsap is a no brainer." I still stand by it.
If a team targets a player and feels that he will be a star, giving up Millsap is a no brainer.

ok, he's a 17 & 9 role player with ice water pumping through his veins, an incredibly hard worker, and a veteran leader. that's all. gotcha.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NAOS again.

And Minnesota would move back and dump salary or add veterans such as Paul Millsap.

Minnesota might not be done at that as there is speculation that they would trade 6 to either move down again or add more established veterans.

1) According to the rumor, Minnesota wants to dump salary OR add veterans such as Paul Millsap. That means that we could be potentially just be sending Okur or I wonder if AK's expiring is still a trade possibility? I doubt it, but that'd be interesting.

2) Minny might trade the #6 as well. It's possible the Jazz could obtain that pick as well. What if:
Jazz trade: Okur, Harris, Millsap and the #3.
Jazz receive: #6 and McGhee from Washington, #2 and Ridnour from Minnesota. Washington receives: #3 and Okur (to help with Kanter's transition).
Minnesota receives: Harris and Millsap.

He's a good player, but he's not untouchable.

Will he be ok with being a bench player? Because he is not the answer for us as a starter.

Of course he's not, if you read my post I never said that. Derrick Williams straight up for Millsap is not an equal trade, add another asset and then we'll talk.

Millsap AND #3 is not worth Derrick Williams. That I am sure of.

Is there something I'm missing? We're not giving up the #3, we're getting the #2 in exchange. How is that an issue? Now, giving up Milsap I can see your concern, but unless I'm misunderstanding, I don't get it.

You're not reading what I said. I said, "If the Jazz think so, giving up Millsap is a no brainer." I still stand by it.
If a team targets a player and feels that he will be a star, giving up Millsap is a no brainer.

I'm not sure I agree it's a 'no brainer,' but I agree with the rest. If the Jazz really do believe Dwill2 has star power and is possibly an integral piece to the puzzle, giving up Milsap makes perfect sense. We know what Milsap is. He has, in my opinion, reached his ceiling. I love Milsap, but I love winning more, and if Williams helps us get more wins (even in theory), the go for it.