What's new

Netflix recs?

Gonna check out Altered Carbon, def.

I did read though that it’s sort of a Blade Runner rip off.

Being burnt at the stake is too good for that pay day loan dude

Seriously. I am against capital punishment in principle but man all rules should have exceptions.

Also in the episode Drug Short, I have a huge crush on that woman who shorts valient. They should make a movie based on that episode. So many great characters in it.

Cinemaparadiso (1988) is easily one of the best films on Netflix and one of the best international films i've seen period. It's expertly crafted/framed, and especially well sequenced, pretty damn funny too.

"Alfredo! Up yours!" LOL what a great performance by that little kid.

Probably my favorite movie about a relationship between apprentice and master (though I'm probably overlooking some good candidates)

I enjoyed Malala on Letterman. You actually get to know a brief background of the woman who was shot by Taliban in the face for her activism and now fights for women’s education and rights.

Not on Netflix, but I highly recommend Comrade Detective on Prime.

It's an 80's communist cop show from Romania and it's ****ing brilliant. It's been dubbed into English, so some people might find that annoying, but I feel it adds to the hilarity of a good show filled with anti-capitalist propaganda.

It's really interesting to me to see what people were watching under communism during that era, and the propaganda can't help but expose the obsession those countries had with America. Kind of ironic how things have played out since then, yet much of their anti-capitalist views have proven to be absolutely true IMO.

Anyway, give it spin if you have Prime. If you don't have it, I would suggest swapping Prime for Netflix/Hulu/whatever else you might have for a while. There are a bunch of good series on prime right now. I used to pay for several streaming services, but now I just watch everything I can find on one until I get caught up, then I cancel and start a different one until I watch everything there.

Edit: Ok, I'm an idiot. I was under the impression this was an original series from the 80's. Instead, it's a remake. TBH, I really don't understand everything involved here, as it's dubbed into English, but almost seems as though it were remade for American television.

Maybe someone will enlighten me to the details. Still a badass show.

Edit #2: I really feel dumb now, as this was a parody of a show that never existed from what I can tell. Totally disappointing, but still cool. Those bastards got me. The introduction on Prime is an outright lie, similar to the beginning of Fargo, where they claim it's a true story. Damn that infernal movie for ever starting that trend of making movies and lying about it being true.

Last edited:
Can I put Amazon in this or is that considered thread derailing?

I love watching Giovani Ribisi but Sneaky Pete season 2 sucked. At least it had that FBI dude from Dexter.

Also, Hand of God is sloooooow. Ron Pearlman being Ron Pearlman plus way too many side plots.

Not on Netflix, but I highly recommend Comrade Detective on Prime.

It's an 80's communist cop show from Romania and it's ****ing brilliant. It's been dubbed into English, so some people might find that annoying, but I feel it adds to the hilarity of a good show filled with anti-capitalist propaganda.

It's really interesting to me to see what people were watching under communism during that era, and the propaganda can't help but expose the obsession those countries had with America. Kind of ironic how things have played out since then, yet much of their anti-capitalist views have proven to be absolutely true IMO.

Anyway, give it spin if you have Prime. If you don't have it, I would suggest swapping Prime for Netflix/Hulu/whatever else you might have for a while. There are a bunch of good series on prime right now. I used to pay for several streaming services, but now I just watch everything I can find on one until I get caught up, then I cancel and start a different one until I watch everything there.

Edit: Ok, I'm an idiot. I was under the impression this was an original series from the 80's. Instead, it's a remake. TBH, I really don't understand everything involved here, as it's dubbed into English, but almost seems as though it were remade for American television.

Maybe someone will enlighten me to the details. Still a badass show.

Edit #2: I really feel dumb now, as this was a parody of a show that never existed from what I can tell. Totally disappointing, but still cool. Those bastards got me. The introduction on Prime is an outright lie, similar to the beginning of Fargo, where they claim it's a true story. Damn that infernal movie for ever starting that trend of making movies and lying about it being true.

Idiot!

Can I put Amazon in this or is that considered thread derailing?

I love watching Giovani Ribisi but Sneaky Pete season 2 sucked. At least it had that FBI dude from Dexter.

Also, Hand of God is sloooooow. Ron Pearlman being Ron Pearlman plus way too many side plots.
I wouldnt say season 2 sucked, but it was disappointing.

Looks like i wont be watching season 2 of sneaky pete

I watched the Spanish horror movie "Veronica"

More than a bit over-hyped online; but not bad either.