What's new

Netflix recs?

Just got Murikan Netflix, and I need to review an environment-themed documentary for one of my classes.

Do you, or anyone else have recommends for a good environmental-documentary on Netflix? TIA!

EDIT: I suppose it doesn't have to be on Netflix, but I'd prefer a relatively newer one, and it being on Netflix is most convenient.

Sure. I enjoyed the life of mammals series pretty good.

River of no return was neat.

Eden at the end of the world
Gabon: the last Eden

Not really a environmental one, but dawn of the Maya was quite interesting

Climbing redwood giants was a special about Yosemite national park

Ken burns: the national parks learned me quite a bit

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Just got Murikan Netflix, and I need to review an environment-themed documentary for one of my classes.

Do you, or anyone else have recommends for a good environmental-documentary on Netflix? TIA!

EDIT: I suppose it doesn't have to be on Netflix, but I'd prefer a relatively newer one, and it being on Netflix is most convenient.

Pandora's Promise

It's new on Netflix and is about environmentalists that have changed their minds about nuclear energy. (risks are worth the carbon savings)

How about Chasing Ice?

Pandora's Promise

It's new on Netflix and is about environmentalists that have changed their minds about nuclear energy. (risks are worth the carbon savings)

I just finished my paper on this film, after reading your recommendation. A serious, serious thank you-- it gave me a plethora of material to work with, and I think it's a pretty good paper to boot :)

Shocking disclaimer: the documentary is pretty misleading in a bunch of areas (like every other movie ever obvs)

How about Chasing Ice?

Didn't end up reading this response until now, Katie. Thanks for the recommend! I've actually seen the movie already, and I quite enjoyed it

Pandora's Promise

This has been my position for 10+ years.

I'd say the risk is worth the carbon savings, but I'd also say that there are better options than nuclear energy

I don't want to turn this thread into that, so all I'll add is nuclear is no longer an economical option underneath cheap nat gas. I.E. Exelon is already shuttering nuke plants.

Also, kicky's 10 plus years stance is silly.

I don't want to turn this thread into that, so all I'll add is nuclear is no longer an economical option underneath cheap nat gas. I.E. Exelon is already shuttering nuke plants.

Also, kicky's 10 plus years stance is silly.

Pls start a thread on energy + the environment altogether.

Cheap Nat Gas is just a short term solution, IMO. Plus, methane still contributes to GHG emissions.

Agreed on the kicky remark. So much has changed in the past 10 years.

I'd say the risk is worth the carbon savings, but I'd also say that there are better options than nuclear energy

Yeah the real problem isn't environmentalists it's nimbys. A few years back the governator was trying to get a bunch of wind turbines online and a bunch of nimbys parading as environmentalists sued to stop the transmission line. I never heard if it ever was completed.