What's new

Neto or Burke -- Who will be better? (Gun to your head)

Who will be better

• Total voters
Dude you know you are my boy, but I almost negged you for this. Then I realized you prolly be trollin. Burke is legit. A few stupid summer league games should not change your opinion of him.

I'm still pretty high on Trey. I'm not bagging on Burke.

And I don't see what's the big deal with having some early fun with this. We shouldn't have to wait to start breaking these guys down. I honestly think Neto is legit too. I know its just a summer league game, but I got a hunch he is going to be pretty good. He already showed off some pretty impressive things that don't look flukey.

I'm still pretty high on Trey. I'm not bagging on Burke.

And I don't see what's the big deal with having some early fun with this. We shouldn't have to wait to start breaking these guys down. I honestly think Neto is legit too. I know its just a summer league game, but I got a hunch he is going to be pretty good. He already showed off some pretty impressive things that don't look flukey.

??its a pickup game at best?? Are you happy, didn't call you any names....

Good I struck a cord.... Truth hurts....

Now that that's over...

Please tell me how in the hell you've done a 180 on this subject over such a small sample size.

Oh, and hack, I guess I was right in your mind, that that Burke didn't deserve to be picked top 10 in the draft if you think a second round pick is better.

Bring it Hack!

Its s not all that complicated. When looking back on the past I see people make mistake after mistake in their judgment of players. Gm's, Scouts, Fans, etc.. Why am I supposed to believe it won't happen again?

Where Trey and Neto were picked means nothing to me in my analysis of their games.

Its s not all that complicated. When looking back on the past I see people make mistake after mistake in their judgment of players. Gm's, Scouts, Fans, etc.. Why am I supposed to believe it won't happen again?

Where Trey and Neto were picked means nothing to me in my analysis of their games.

And yet 16 minutes of a pickup game has you thinking he's a future HOF'er

I guess its a gift. What can I say..

That's not bad, only 16 minutes. Pretty cool huh? I might be able to teach you.

I wonder if PointGod_AlecBurks has seen Neto plays and what he thinks about all this.... he always has an interesting take on things.

Neto and its not even close.call my opinion dumb and based on 16 minutes against a weak nets club but this kid has the it factor that when you see it you know it.Burke has yet to show me that ,and seeing burke lauch 30 foot 3 pointers when your shooting cold doesnt bold well for your maturity or bball IQ.

Neto looked good from the bit I saw. But, it's SL.

Burke will be a legit starting PG. I think we should all be happy if we got a solid backup PG in the 2nd round, and I have a hunch we did.

Neto and its not even close.call my opinion dumb and based on 16 minutes against a weak nets club but this kid has the it factor that when you see it you know it.Burke has yet to show me that ,and seeing burke lauch 30 foot 3 pointers when your shooting cold doesnt bold well for your maturity or bball IQ.

Red this guy.

"It" factor?

If there's one thing Burke has it's this. Did you see any of the NCAA tournament?

Dude might be too small to play in the association. But his "it" factor-ness should never ever be questioned.

No no no no nooooooo.

Thriller, please switch your allegiances to Neto. Would really like Burke to pan out.

TIA.

first of all, it's impossible to know from just watching the summer league.

however, there are some things to consider, and i think that Burke will be better in the long run. the reason that Neto is 'better' now is because he has already played pro ball against adults in Spain, so the transition is already done. the reason that Burke will be better in the long run is better athleticism and leadership. basically his ceiling is higher.

I can't simply call Trey Burke a "sure thing", because that would just be going against the evaluation I made months ago of this draft, that it was extremly weak. No one in the 1st round of the draft really screamed "sure thing", they all have pretty significant issues with their game I can't change my evalation of player just because he was drafted to my favorite team. So just because Trey has a bit of hype, in a draft I consider terrible (especilly compared to last years draft which was really good), I just don't see it as an indication that he's definitely better than everyone else coming for his spot. Trey's lack fs size and athleticism would have made him go much lower, in a stronger draft imo. I expect a lot of Bust in this draft, rather than diamonds.

On that note, obviously we'll only know during the season.