What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

Interesting idea. What could stop this from happening? Seems potentially beneficial for all sides...

Indiana may not be willing to play ball... he may not get that much money and the years part. It’s a complicated transaction so timing might be tough.

Interesting idea. What could stop this from happening? Seems potentially beneficial for all sides...

Trade exception cannot be combined with other assets to get a player, I believe. I could be wrong.

I understand making the Conley trade and having him secured - especially for the price paid to get him. . . with that said, IF Tobias Harris is interested in Utah AND the Jazz really did have him as a priority for this offseason, is there still an avenue to actually get him?

Possibly through a sign and trade? Clippers pulled off a three way deal to get Galo in a sign and trade when they were capped out. Could the Jazz do something similar?

They do have $26.5 million in salary to work with starting on July 5th. Anyone know if the rules would allow that?

We could do a sign and trade of Favors and Exum for Tobias Harris. The numbers work with the 125% +100k trade rules. But 76ers would have to want those players. Or I guess we could make it a multiple team trade. Dallas, NY, Sac, or whoever might want one or both Favors or Exum.

We could do a sign and trade of Favors and Exum for Tobias Harris. The numbers work with the 125% +100k trade rules. But 76ers would have to want those players. Or I guess we could make it a multiple team trade. Dallas, NY, Sac, or whoever might want one or both Favors or Exum.
If they were as high on those guys as we are, they’d be ****ing stupid not to.

Jazz would have to find some more 1sts to send, and it just seems unlikely in principle, but I’m going to fantasize about it.

Jazz would have to find some more 1sts to send, and it just seems unlikely in principle, but I’m going to fantasize about it.
It would only work if Tobias only wanted Utah. Teams usually don't get much back in sign and trades. Maybe throw a 2nd at them if they don't want either Exum or favors. Someone would take those players for nothing though.

It would only work if Tobias only wanted Utah. Teams usually don't get much back in sign and trades. Maybe throw a 2nd at them if they don't want either Exum or favors. Someone would take those players for nothing though.
This. ^

There’s a route to make it happen if Harris wants to. Jazz should still try to meet with him and go from there.

This. ^

There’s a route to make it happen if Harris wants to. Jazz should still try to meet with him and go from there.
Good God if we could get Harris after getting Conley I would burn this ************* down and riot like we already won the championship

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

With Rumors that Butler might be leaving the 76ers the Clippers team seems like the spot he could go along with Kawhi. That would be a scary team. If they resign Green to a cheap/reasonable deal and Beverly they could still have room for 2 max spots if they trade away Gallinari it makes it pretty easy to do.

Beverly, Butler, Kawhi, Green, Harrell

That is a scary team to face. That is a lot of defense, hustle and good shooting. Plus they would still have an okay bench. Lou, Shai, Shamet, some young guys, and room to sign a couple other cheap vets.