What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

With Rumors that Butler might be leaving the 76ers the Clippers team seems like the spot he could go along with Kawhi. That would be a scary team. If they resign Green to a cheap/reasonable deal and Beverly they could still have room for 2 max spots if they trade away Gallinari it makes it pretty easy to do.

Beverly, Butler, Kawhi, Green, Harrell

That is a scary team to face. That is a lot of defense, hustle and good shooting. Plus they would still have an okay bench. Lou, Shai, Shamet, some young guys, and room to sign a couple other cheap vets.
Thats a good team with a lot of unstable personalities and zero depth. Toronto went 17-5 while Kawhi rested last year. I don't think that Clippers team wins half their games when Kawhi rests.

I don't think Beverley stays. He is meeting with a bunch of teams. I don't think they could afford bigger contract Beverley and 2 max guys.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Thats a good team with a lot of unstable personalities and zero depth. Toronto went 17-5 while Kawhi rested last year. I don't think that Clippers team wins half their games when Kawhi rests.

I don't think Beverley stays. He is meeting with a bunch of teams. I don't think they could afford bigger contract Beverley and 2 max guys.

Toronto did that while they had a very easy schedule. I think this team could as well. Butler can step up.

Butler wants to win and expects people to hustle around him. I think its a great fit for him personality wise. I dont think the others are unstable except maybe Bev. It depends on what Bev goes with. If they bring back Green and Beverly for 20 million per year they still have 71 million on room if they dumped Gallinari for nothing which I am pretty sure they could do. Even if not they let Bev and Green go and start Gallinari with Shamet or Shai. Still a really good lineup. They would be favorites to win it all depending on what Lakers land.

Toronto did that while they had a very easy schedule. I think this team could as well. Butler can step up.

Butler wants to win and expects people to hustle around him. I think its a great fit for him personality wise. I dont think the others are unstable except maybe Bev. It depends on what Bev goes with. If they bring back Green and Beverly for 20 million per year they still have 71 million on room if they dumped Gallinari for nothing which I am pretty sure they could do. Even if not they let Bev and Green go and start Gallinari with Shamet or Shai. Still a really good lineup. They would be favorites to win it all depending on what Lakers land.
I don't think the Clippers can...

- easily dump Gallinari for nothing
- sign Kawhi
- sign Butler
- re-sign Green
AND
- re-sign Beverley

I think they can get the top 4 but lose Beverley.

I don't think the Clippers can...

- easily dump Gallinari for nothing
- sign Kawhi
- sign Butler
- re-sign Green
AND
- re-sign Beverley

I think they can get the top 4 but lose Beverley.

Thats fine. I think if they do the first 4 and want Beverly they could get him. But again they have 2 other guys to fill that role pretty well that I pointed out. Put Shamet at PG, they have Butler and Kawhi who would be the primary ball handlers anyways. Or Shai who looked decent his rookie year.

Thats fine. I think if they do the first 4 and want Beverly they could get him. But again they have 2 other guys to fill that role pretty well that I pointed out. Put Shamet at PG, they have Butler and Kawhi who would be the primary ball handlers anyways. Or Shai who looked decent his rookie year.
True.

I just don't think a SGA/Shamet, Butler, Kawhi, Green, Harrell team scares me. Good? Yes. Better than Conley, Mitchell, Ingles, Favors, Gobert and O'Neale? No.

True.

I just don't think a SGA/Shamet, Butler, Kawhi, Green, Harrell team scares me. Good? Yes. Better than Conley, Mitchell, Ingles, Favors, Gobert and O'Neale? No.

I think its close but the LAC starting 5 is better due to having Kawhi who is much better than anyone on our team right now. Kawhi would be hard for us to stop with shooters around him. Plus Kawhi could smother whoever is playing the best for us and Butler could play really good defense on our next best. Gobert would be a handful for them on the boards though.

I think it's 50/50. Toronto is a good situation but he already did a legendary thing. And home is home. If he could take the Clippers to a finals or a title, even more legendary.

Only in a nostalgic sense for people experiencing an extended adolescence.

Once adulthood hits, home is where success, timing, desire, professionalism, and needs converge. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Leonard has entered the latter with Toronto.

Leonard hasn't even been there for a year yet. Sure, he had a good season and an exceptional offseason. He might see a great long term fit there in Toronto. But I could also see him saying that he's given them a title so he owes them nothing. He hates the weather for most of the year which he has said. LA is home and it has been widely reported that LA attracts him.

Like I said - I think it's 50/50. It wouldn't surprise me either way.

Leonard hasn't even been there for a year yet. Sure, he had a good season and an exceptional offseason. He might see a great long term fit there in Toronto. But I could also see him saying that he's given them a title so he owes them nothing. He hates the weather for most of the year which he has said. LA is home and it has been widely reported that LA attracts him.

Like I said - I think it's 50/50. It wouldn't surprise me either way.
Plus he seems to like to be around family and doesn't get out much. I agree I wouldn't be surprised either way. I would be pretty surprised if it's anywhere but Toronto or the two LA teams though.

It does suck for the Jazz if he goes to either LA team. Sucks even worse if we see both or either Butler and Kemba come to LA as well.

LA is too crowded with media, and the West is a more competitive conference. He’s currently the king of Toronto (as well as Drake) and he has an entire country on his back. His first year in Toronto and he’s wins a championship as well as finals MVP. I think he stays in Toronto, especially cause they are so deep and the team compliments his style of play perfectly.

Plus he seems to like to be around family and doesn't get out much. I agree I wouldn't be surprised either way. I would be pretty surprised if it's anywhere but Toronto or the two LA teams though.

It does suck for the Jazz if he goes to either LA team. Sucks even worse if we see both or either Butler and Kemba come to LA as well.

If Kawhi comes to the Clippers but no other huge free agent does, that doesn't scare me. Actually, it takes away one of the league powers in Toronto. With OG Anunoby coming back and maybe Marc Gasol too, Toronto would be absolutely stacked next year.

If Kawhi goes to LA and KD goes to NY, this could be the most unpredictable season in the NBA in a long, long time. I can't remember when I've ever seen a season start when there wasn't at least one overwhelming favorite to make the finals. Going into this season, it will probably be Milwaukee, but there are even questions about that.

LA is too crowded with media, and the West is a more competitive conference. He’s currently the king of Toronto (as well as Drake) and he has an entire country on his back. His first year in Toronto and he’s wins a championship as well as finals MVP. I think he stays in Toronto, especially cause they are so deep and the team compliments his style of play perfectly.

If he is comfortable with his thigh condition (he has an issue that is like a genetic condition not an injury) he should take a one plus one and then sign a 4 year deal the next year. Will be eligible for the bigger max for 10 year vets. 6-7M higher and he gets to try and defend the title. That group kinda seems perfect for him with regard to personality and on court.

He is super private... this has been good for his “brand” and made him more interesting. It’s really a coin toss in my mind.

If Kawhi comes to the Clippers but no other huge free agent does, that doesn't scare me. Actually, it takes away one of the league powers in Toronto. With OG Anunoby coming back and maybe Marc Gasol too, Toronto would be absolutely stacked next year.

If Kawhi goes to LA and KD goes to NY, this could be the most unpredictable season in the NBA in a long, long time. I can't remember when I've ever seen a season start when there wasn't at least one overwhelming favorite to make the finals. Going into this season, it will probably be Milwaukee, but there are even questions about that.

That clips team could be tough if healthy and if the young guys take a step... not anything like the juggernaut that was GSW... but Jerry West is the best in the business... no way I want him one piece away. That front office is awesome and Balmer is playing this perfectly... realized that while passionate he shouldn’t meddle... he can spend into infinity when they need to and will because he loves this ****. Ironic that the Lakers could learn a lot by how the Clips operate.

That clips team could be tough if healthy and if the young guys take a step... not anything like the juggernaut that was GSW... but Jerry West is the best in the business... no way I want him one piece away. That front office is awesome and Balmer is playing this perfectly... realized that while passionate he shouldn’t meddle... he can spend into infinity when they need to and will because he loves this ****. Ironic that the Lakers could learn a lot by how the Clips operate.
The more stars that stay East the better. One super star can take a series over as well sometimes. Plus it just makes for harder regular season schedule which means we have to put more effort into making there playoffs and a good seed.

True.

Can you imagine Leonard, Butler and Walker coming west?

The east would be the JV with the exception of maybe Philly.

The more stars that stay East the better. One super star can take a series over as well sometimes. Plus it just makes for harder regular season schedule which means we have to put more effort into making there playoffs and a good seed.
Exactly... Also... Kahwi and Lebron are the guys we might struggle to guard the most... power wings we have Royce, but Joe/Dante aren't strong enough to guard them... I think Favs can switch out on them but you don't want him as the primary defender.

Keep that guy in Toronto please.